Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

I don't know what SJW means. >:(

Nor do I want to. >:(

Basically all you need to know is that it's what bambam is.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Sexy Jazzy Wallflower 8-)

I you knew what an SJW really was you wouldn't call me one unless you were defective. ::)

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

A SJW is someone who thinks they are something but really are the opposite. So maybe bambams sort of is one.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Now I don't know whether you mean bambam is nothing (as opposed to something) or a feminist if we suppose that this was the opposite of an anti-feminist. How confusing.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Elias said:

A SJW is someone who thinks they are something but really are the opposite. So maybe bambams sort of is one.

;D;D;D

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"Funny-Meme-Girl-Faces-15.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e667dba77bf3228228cc20408c54ea83.jpg","w":500,"h":310,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e667dba77bf3228228cc20408c54ea83"}Funny-Meme-Girl-Faces-15.jpg

>:( :'(

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Soo... how is it that you know what is the number of your post? I have a.cc configured to show unlimited posts, if that affects something. Now don't tell me I ended up with the 666 one please xD

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Based on the index "replies" count at the time. Bruce Perry got 665 replies (which would be 666 total "posts" in the thread). I got the 666 reply. You're way too late. :D

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

And Boobuigi got the 667th reply, which would be 666 in a 0-indexed array that excludes the original post :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

My understanding of 666 is that the curse lies in the 666th thing, and not necessarily things that are labeled 666.

So the 1st post would be the 1st thing, the 2nd would be the 2nd thing, regardless of being 0-indexed.

That would make both the 666th post and the 666th reply cursed. Both would qualify depending on how you look at it. But the 667th reply, being 0-indexed, would not qualify.

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

It's not cursed. ::) It's the mark of the beast. That's Satan's number. It is also sometimes attributed to Emperor Nero.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#Nero

You can read about it in Revelations 12-14.

Revelations 13:9-18 KJV said:

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Those that take the mark of the beast will be punished by God. See Revelations 14.

Revelations 14:9-11 KJV said:

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Quote:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Oh no. Poor Bruce and bambams :(

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Proof by contradiction of religion being a load of nonsense:

If bringing up religion is the only way to keep this thread open, then there must be another way.

8-)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Oh dear. I thought it was obvious I was just trolling :-/

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Oh dear. I thought it was obvious I was just trolling :-/

You forgot to put on your troll face. :/ I didn't recognize you. ;)

{"name":"610554","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/2\/62035dec4736093e91a5cda5a46baf8a.jpg","w":383,"h":225,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/2\/62035dec4736093e91a5cda5a46baf8a"}610554

Is this nonsense? It perfectly describes what happens every time someone here brings up the Bible. It's a moral story. By all means, please show me how it's inaccurate or unapplicable or inappropriate or untrue or how it contradicts itself.

Mark Chapter 4

Mark 4 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Parable of the Sower

4 Again he began to teach beside the sea. And a very large crowd gathered about him, so that he got into a boat and sat in it on the sea, and the whole crowd was beside the sea on the land. 2 And he was teaching them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them: 3 “Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. 5 Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil. 6 And when the sun rose, it was scorched, and since it had no root, it withered away. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain. 8 And other seeds fell into good soil and produced grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.” 9 And he said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

The Purpose of the Parables

10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that

“‘they may indeed see but not perceive,
and may indeed hear but not understand,
lest they should turn and be forgiven.’”

13 And he said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes and takes away the word that is sown in them. 16 And these are the ones sown on rocky ground: the ones who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy. 17 And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.[a] 18 And others are the ones sown among thorns. They are those who hear the word, 19 but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 20 But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”

19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

So a game I was interested had a contest on their forums in which you could win a press preview key so you can play early. I somehow won with 2 votes (and one of those votes was me voting myself). I'm curious to know how many keys he had at the ready to release for early access.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

I think we should make a game about bible quotations.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

So, as usual, I won't try and argue against your religion but I do ask you to respect my choice not to believe and don't try and insinuate that it will adversely affect me in any way.

But I'll show you how to recognise my earlier post as a troll :)

If bringing up religion is the only way to keep this thread open, then there must be another way.

So, this is almost a proof by contradiction, but if it proves anything, it only proves that bringing up religion is not the only way to keep this thread open. In fact it probably doesn't prove that because the assertion that "there must be another way" isn't justified.

It certainly doesn't prove that religion is a load of nonsense, but I guess you have to think like a mathematician (and have seen proofs by contradiction before) to see that and therefore recognise the troll. A proof by contradiction goes, "Let's suppose the opposite is true; now we find a contradiction, and thereby we know that the opposite isn't true." For example, sqrt(2) can't be expressed as p/q for two integers, because if you did that, you can prove that p and q are both even, which contradicts the fact that the fraction could then always be simplified until one is odd.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Fair point - I guess I deserved the insinuation - this time ;) And Islam is in much more dire need of being challenged than Christianity is.

bambams, you just damned yourself ;D

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Go to: