Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I pay $50/mo. for 1 GB of data, unlimited calls in Canada, and unlimited texts. That is just the service. I paid $800 cash for my S5 on top of that.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Well, Canada and the USA both have a sparser population than the UK, so perhaps the infrastructure cost per person is greater?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Thanks a lot to Edgar and Mark, this was an awesome Allegro meetup in Niagara falls today! Despite run-ins with police and way to hot weather... :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

The much-hated Brussels bureaucrats will ban roaming fees in the EU in 2017.

Were the police investigating your mind-control powers?

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Ah yes, the fabled American police. It seems a lot more real when I hear that someone I know to be nice in person (you Elias - maybe it was Edgar or Mark who triggered them ;) [1]) has had a run-in with them ...

In this country, the only time I've had the police be nasty to me was when I actually did something wrong (cycling without lights), and even then, they waived their right to fine me because at least I had a non-working front light with me and had tried to display a back light on my backpack but it was pointing down :)

A passport control person once gave me an unhinged stare though. He looked like Jason Statham. I think it was in Germany.

P.S. At least we'll be in the EU long enough to benefit from that roaming ban. :-/

[EDIT]
I just re-read my post and realised how boring it is and how much value there is in sometimes saying less :-X Would you agree that I talk to much and never shut up? Mind you there are definitely people who are worse for this than I am, not mentioning names or anything. Must catch up with that person. For the thread's sake. Yeah.

References

1. Totally jealous.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Well, in Canada things like pepper spray or drinking in public are illegal - so it's easy for a group of allegro.cc members to get in trouble :P

I think Mark will post a pictures, but Edgar requested to be photoshopped out for privacy concern reasons...

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Just use a Tim Hortons cup, that's how all Canadians drink in public. ;)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

bamccaig said:

Drinking in public is only illegal if you get caught...

How exactly is this phrased in the law?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Well, it's a fine.. so... basically if you don't get caught you don't have to pay it! ;D

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

10 month duration thread locks too soon?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Here's a picture of us at a restaurant in Niagara. Mama mia or something?

{"name":"610478","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/2\/c2c9870b152ad11e6fb8236ca63e8c99.jpg","w":1024,"h":768,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/2\/c2c9870b152ad11e6fb8236ca63e8c99"}610478

Left to right : Elias, Andrea, Mark, Edgar

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Somehow I tend to imagine members as looking at least somewhat like their avatar, in Edgars case I imagined him as the guy on the left...

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

At least you don't have to guess too hard at what I look like with mine. It is my Mii after all. :P

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

You forgot to tag the Canadian sitting on the table.

Append:

Shameful. Finally an AllegroCon in Canada and none of the native born Canadians show up. :(

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I like that picture :D

@bambams: The beer bottle is a native born Canadian!

--

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Elias said:

The beer bottle is a native born Canadian!

Molson married Coors from the US some years ago, so it's hardly even Canadian anymore either >:(

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Oh no, so I actually had US beer? :o Anyway, it tasted good :) I also had some Canadian craft beer but I generally prefer non-craft beer, just more refined tastes in my experience :)

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Of the US beers, I like blue moon. Or is that also a craft beer?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

in Edgars case I imagined him as the guy on the left...

That would be Doctor Who.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Meh.

Looks like it's a time to put a picture of your face. I finally can see how Mark & Edgar look ^^

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I like Blue Moon, surprisingly - considering it's a wheat beer. My favorite beers are lagers, so whenever I'm not up to trying some craft I usually order Heineken. Not the best but often the closest thing they have on the menu :)

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I predominantly drink lagers, though I'm not overly versed or concerned with the type of beer. Molson Canadian is my go-to if I'm out since pubs/bars/restaurants don't carry the "cheap" stuff. If I'm in the US I revert to Budweiser or Bud Light (it's arbitrary). If I'm at a private residence (or anywhere really) I'll drink whatever is free. In my experience, the best beer is Carling (the Canadian lager variant, including its light variant if you want to get slightly less drunk by volume). Beer is best from a dark bottle. I'm not sure how common bottles are in the US, but it seems not very. Beer from a can just isn't the same, but it's better than no beer at all. But generally beer in the US is just different no matter what brand it is. I imagine the regulations very slightly. Living in a border city you can experience both readily.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Speaking of beer, does anyone else here use the Untappd app? If so, feel free to add me for recommendations. I'm LennyLen on there as well.

edit:

bamccaig said:

Beer is best from a dark bottle.

If being drunk from a bottle, then yes, dark brown bottles are the best as they cut out more light which can alter/damage the chemical structure of beer. Ideally though, drink beer on tap/draught as kegs are (usually) always fresher and eliminate light contamination altogether. Also, if the brewer has specific glasses for the beer, use them. This will ensure that the head on the beer is of the ideal size and consistency.

Go to: