Member #3,925
October 2003

This thread is dying. I can feel it.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

That was 100!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

That was 100!

No, we are not quite at 100 factorial posts on this thread, but I like your enthusiasm :D

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Wow, when was the last time a thread hit 100 posts? I still remember the times when it happened all the time...

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I would wager that at least three of the most recent five topics with 100+ replies were religious or political.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Pffft, I used to make them crack 300 every other week. >:( Now we aren't allowed to have fun anymore so all we can do is talk about the good old days when we used to have fun. :(

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

Now we aren't allowed

Not allowed, or just nobody is here to actually reply?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Not allowed, or just nobody is here to actually reply?

It certainly is easier to just not deal with BS than to try and actively change it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I'm not gonna give up that easily when facing the great dictator. Wake up, bande de moules !

>:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

We will overcome!

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Fight the losing supremacy! >:(

Random thought... we could use the al_mind_control_addon on ML.........

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

jmasterx said:

Random thought... we could use the al_mind_control_addon on ML.........

you're assuming he isn't already using it on you....

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Or at the very least, he didn't sneak something into the code to make himself immune.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I wonder what the API for a mind-control SDK would look like. Would there be, for example, a main loop of a certain granularity, with impulses travelling to and from specific locations in the nervous system? Would there be a query interface for knowing which neurotransmitters existed where and in what quantities? With a higher level API, would there be a simple al_set_happiness(float change), taking into account the aforementioned particulars?

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Right! Time for the next drama :)

I booked some Ryanair flights. :-[

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

I wonder what the API for a mind-control SDK would look like. Would there be, for example, a main loop of a certain granularity, with impulses travelling to and from specific locations in the nervous system? Would there be a query interface for knowing which neurotransmitters existed where and in what quantities? With a higher level API, would there be a simple al_set_happiness(float change), taking into account the aforementioned particulars?

Are you suggesting to develop a mind-control utility to:
a) make a thread able to detect your login on a random thread, and thus extend the lifespan of the thread, preventing it to lock?
b) make a thread able to detect your login on a random thread, forcing the thread to lock just before you want to post?
c) make that thread lock and spit a funny message at you?
::)

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Quote:

This thread will never end. >:( Swear it!

That's not possible, except if PHP and Matt's SQL server increase their integer type size everytime before the forum overloads it...

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

By the time this thread dies, PHP will have become sentinent and increased its own integer size.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Step 1: Increase integer size
Step 2: Post endlessly on allegro.cc
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Destroy the world and/or Profit!

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Boobuigi, the dot in your sig keeps making me think there's something[1] on my screen :)

References

1. :ö: <- Bug!

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

:ö: <- Feature!

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I wanted to answer this thread and I cannot. :( I want to.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

BUMP. ;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Go to: