This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I guess we'd say "That's it" :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Acknowledged ;-p

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

Maybe
"That's right!"
in this context?

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Or just "Right !"

;-p

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Libertarian or authoritarian?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I once read that one somewhere:

"I am neither left wing nor right wing. I am middle-of-the-bird." Pat Paulsen

And that one too:

"An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.” (searched and found here for reference)

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

President Leverton is a looser with no onion. >:(

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

HAHAHA 8-)

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

- What do you think about drugs?
- I have no opiumion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Nice one two.

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Well it's been 3 days since the last post. This cannot continue.

Is anyone into GA aircrafts? I fly a Piper PA28-161 occasionally while building hours to become an Airline pilot some day. Makes you really see how small yet big Earth is.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I wish I could fly. Used to dream of being a military pilot when I was a child. I don't think it's really worth all the hassle, let alone the moral dilemma, but I would love to get into ultralights or at least hang-gliding as a hobby. I can't afford it right now, but maybe some day... Skydiving is probably on the top of my bucket list.

I ride a motorcycle which is like flying 3 feet off the ground. :P

Sevalecan
Member #4,686
June 2004

Well it's been 3 days since the last post. This cannot continue.

Is anyone into GA aircrafts? I fly a Piper PA28-161 occasionally while building hours to become an Airline pilot some day. Makes you really see how small yet big Earth is.

I'm working on getting my pilot's license right now. I fly in a 1975 Cessna 172M for my training. My dad has that and a Piper Comanche 260B (PA24) that he rents as part of his business, so after I get my private, I want to get my high performance and complex rating in that plane.

Gonna have my instructor come down and do my cross country flights next weekend hopefully and then I'll just have to take the written and practical and whatnot to get my license.

TeamTerradactyl: SevalecanDragon: I should shoot you for even CONSIDERING coding like that, but I was ROFLing too hard to stand up. I love it!
My blog about computer nonsense, etc.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Sevalecan said:

I'm working on getting my pilot's license right now. I fly in a 1975 Cessna 172M for my training. My dad has that and a Piper Comanche 260B (PA24) that he rents as part of his business, so after I get my private, I want to get my high performance and complex rating in that plane.

That's really cool! I got my private last year on October, then got my instrument rating this year on April. Currently I'm doing cross country flights for the commercial licence. About 60 hours to go.

Astonishingly, the entire production of VFR Sectional Charts on my country ended last year (some crazy admin problems) so everyone on my flight school now uses B&W copies. Sometimes I wish the Aviation infrastructure here were as good as over there in USA. Still, you has to work with what you have and that aside, nothing beats the joy of going up to the sky. The view is always amazing.

bamccaig said:

I really wanna pilot an F-15C. :D

You are not the only one hehehe... That's one of my favorite aircrafts on the Sim.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I bet any flying is fun. But isn't hang gliding #1, if you really want to feel like flying? All the rest is like the fun of controlling an aircraft.

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"F-15_takeoff.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/6\/86d9c5adc500488dacb61cbf8d6876b6.jpg","w":525,"h":342,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/6\/86d9c5adc500488dacb61cbf8d6876b6"}F-15_takeoff.jpg

Going Grocery Shopping

I imagine that hang gliding must be about the most fun way to "fly". Well, second most fun. I bet that "wingsuit" flying is probably more fun still, but probably lasts only a couple of minutes and has more in common with "falling" than "flying".

{"name":"Ocean_Wingsuit_Formation_%286366966219%29.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/f\/2fbfb029753f1dd25494bffcd1fb64e9.jpg","w":1024,"h":566,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/f\/2fbfb029753f1dd25494bffcd1fb64e9"}Ocean_Wingsuit_Formation_%286366966219%29.jpg

The Crazy Ones Fly 10 Feet Above A Rock Face

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

“The one you feed.”

Good story.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Yep. Wing suit is in one sense more flying than hang gliding. But the speed is too high. Though the speed is one fun factor in itself. Says one with absolutely no personal experience.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hell yeah Gideon ^^ it's always nice to see ya hanging around here :-)

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

You, too! I think I've recovered from the butt-hurt that was a failed TINS outing. Petering out at 90% is what hurts the most.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Wasn't it at least 80% playable ?

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Why not finish the last 20% and post it? We'll still play it.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Why not finish the last 20% and post it? We'll still play it.

totally!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Go to: