Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I can see it now, only a handful of people are alive due to some event that basically wiped out most of mankind, maybe making us near extinct, and a few of the survivors are here keeping this thread open until the server is cut off for good.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Bonus points if the server was the mass extinction event :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

GLaDOS, is that you?

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

GLaDOS, is that you?

Nope, just DOS.
Press any key to continue . . .

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

This may sound a little loopy ... but I pressed a key to continue, and all it did was break. Now my options appear to be... throw my computer; return it (where do I goto for that)?

I know that people in my position just go and complete normally a purchase for a new computer. Of course it affects your next statement somewhat.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

What about
Abort | Retry | Ignore

I like ignoring problems.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Can't let it lock.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"tvMp6.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5a94fe89c3406b6a4940facc3f87567.gif","w":250,"h":188,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5a94fe89c3406b6a4940facc3f87567"}tvMp6.gif

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

wait wat

HOW MAN GET PRAGNENT??!

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

When a man with a Keg (scientific term for a stomach inflated from yeast) and a woman bump into each other, the woman and the man use Bluetooth to exchange DNA. This causes the yeast inside the man to activate and for the pregnancy to begin inside the man.

Didn't anyone every teach you guys about the birds and the bees? The stork doesn't carry the baby, the father does. After which he goes into labor until he retires (he needs to feed his family after all).

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I am fully aware that this is the accepted scientific explanation, but I disagree because reasons.

Oh, you actually want me to justify my position? Well I can see a bit of a chicken and egg problem here: how does the pregnant Keg required for impregnation develop in the first place?

On another note, I participated in a recording of some music intended to sound like chocolate yesterday. If I understood correctly, the person who composed it interviewed some people with taste-sound synaesthesia. This also led to me buying £12.30 of artisan chocolates which have already all gone :o

Now my own attempt at a chocolate-themed composition applies. :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Oh, you actually want me to justify my position? Well I can see a bit of a chicken and egg problem here: how does the pregnant Keg required for impregnation develop in the first place?

By drinking Beer! The man builds up yeast by drinking beer and it starts to form a Keg inside his stomach becoming a perfect incubator for human life! When the man and the woman exchange DNA over Bluetooth, it causes a rise in temperature in the man's mid section which activates the yeast and starts the 'baking' process of child development (not to be confused with 420 For Kids). This is the foundation of Christianity. Jesus turned water into wine to help men get pregnant with their spouse because beer was scarce. It wasn't the virgin Mary who was pregnant with Jesus, it was God (who himself was known to drink a lot of beer, hence why the female genitalia came out, shall we say, more aesthetically pleasing than the male counterpart. Drunk engineering also meant the male version had to be external). It's quite remarkable really.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

But don't you realise? Mary didn't consent to ruining God's life!

--
The brxybrytl has you.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

But don't you realise? Mary didn't consent to ruining God's life!

:o This changes EVERYTHING!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Oh. I ... won? Now I don't know what to do. Quick, find something else to fight about?

I really ought to wash some clothes today, but I feel a bit drained :-/

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It doesn't matter if a woman consents or not because she can revoke said consent at any time before, during, or after the act in question. :o The science remains true!

Append:

I really ought to wash some clothes today, but I feel a bit drained :-/

Quick, drink some beer! I am expected to do the dishes and wash black mold from the bathroom walls today. But if I do I should be rewarded with a bottle of fine single-malt scotch!

timidiy(1) said:

Copyright: Copyright 1997 by B****** *****s

:-/

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

What's the main difference between single malt and blended? I've never understood the fuss about it?

Lately I've enjoyed mainly brandies from Italy or Spain. (Vecchia Romagna or Cardenal Mendoza.) In my younger days I was more a whiskey drinker. And now I've got a bottle of Bushmill's Black Bush. Quite good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

There is a difference, but I don't know what it is and I'm not sure it matters. I wanted to learn to drink hard liquor straight and when I researched it single-malt scotch was one of the normal choices. Apparently it is criminal to mix single-malt with anything and you should instead enjoy the flavor. Whereas it's more normal to mix blended, or so I read. Since I was specifically aiming to learn to drink it straight I went with the single-malt.

According to some Google searches the history goes that blended was popular until the 80s when the single-malt producers started pushing it on the market, and since it was new it was adopted. Along with vodka at the same time this drove blended sales down. To respond to the market the blended went down in price to compete. And that had the unfortunate effect of making people believe that the blended was lesser quality.

I just happened to choose a Bowmore single-malt (12 years aged) when I went to find my first scotch and I liked that it has a smoky flavor. I haven't found another one, blended or not, that I like as much. Though I have found that I can drink just about anything now if I'm motivated to do it. For example, I can drink Jack Daniels and that is some of the worst tasting shit that I can remember ever drinking. Perhaps I just didn't have a taste for whiskey the first time. I don't know...

I imagine whiskey choices are as much religious as any other food/drink preference. :)

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

bambams, here's a spoiler for your spoiler. I just noticed how it was very easy to miss it since it's at the top of the post above the first quote. So now it isn't any more. ;)

Quote:

Copyright 1997 by Bast*** **utts

Ah yes. I made an orchestral score template in 1997, and whenever I did that chocolate thing, I just took it and went 'Save as'. Since the piece is unfinished, I never got around to sorting out the file info. Or I was too malnourished to think of it, or something. :D

Now, as to why I would choose a name like ****ard Sl**** at the age of 1997... Actually I guess that IS the age at which that happens. ;) Bit embarrassed I spelt it wrong though.

bamccaig said:

I imagine whiskey choices are as much religious as any other food/drink preference. :)

Or music :)

We're stupid as a species, aren't we? It's so easy to get addicted to watching dramas unfold among popular YouTube uploaders, or in universities like Mizzou (whose popularity among its future customers has been absolutely thrashed by what happened there, i.e. normal market forces and not really that important) - instead of focusing on something like making games, performing music or (for normal people) amateur evening art courses or yoga or whatever takes your fancy - things like that which are more rewarding, every single time.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

Has anyone here invested in a Kickstarter project? Has anyone ever set one up?
I've put a few ££ into a couple, neither of which has delivered anything yet (but both seemingly proceeding OK)

[edit]
What I meant to say was about the whiskey - there's malt whiskey and grain whiskey. The latter is not as interesting flavour-wise and harsher (and cheaper). A single malt is bottled from one batch of malt whiskey. If they mix it with grain whiskey that's a cheap blend (like Bells) and isn't as nice. However you can also get blends of malts, blended by experts and they can be even more expensive than single malt.
It's a funny old business, the product you make is worth very little unless you can hang on to it for years and then it's valuable. A lot of distilleries shut down a long time ago but are still selling the stuff they made back then. A lot also have been bought up by others and are more of a brand name than an actual place.
I had a holiday once in Islay, it was fantastic!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I supported Spine. It worked out well; good piece of software. $30 backing for a single license that was upgraded to professional. The same license would cost $300 now.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Currently, I have backed 6 projects. For whatever reason, it seems I haven't backed a failed project yet (in terms of funding, so they at least got their money)

Currently, I only received two. Of the four left, two are games, and they're both way over due. Another I have been posting stuff here about. My pledge level says I should be getting it this month. And the latest ended the campaign just last month, so I can't really say much more about it.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

HOW MAN GET PRAGNENT??!

You're grammar is repulsive.

Go to: