Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Have you been using the send to top feature? That might reset the date that auto lock threads.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

My bad I only edited the post this time, and not used the "send to top" feature... :/

The thread lock reaper is merciless

Johan HalmΓ©n
Member #1,550
September 2001

Oink Oink!

Magic Oink
593914.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Has anyone linked to the pig thread yet, to aid historians in their investigation when we're all famous?

Here we go.

;D

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I have been watching the pig thread closely, for adding it to my list of awesome threads. Its fate rests upon the edge of a sword...

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I don't understand what happens with the pig. Is it an English joke or something? ???

May be I should ask this in the proper thread.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Bruce Pascoe
Member #15,931
April 2015

Niunio said:

I don't understand what happens with the pig.

What happens is: You get eaten by it. ;)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I eat the pig, fools ! >:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Bruce Pascoe
Member #15,931
April 2015

The pig begs to differ.

🐽 *MUNCH*

Great job Gull, you attracted the pig into this thread. :'(

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

We should lead the pig all the way to mother Russia. In mother Russia, YOU EATS PIG!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare β€’ AllegroFlare Docs β€’ AllegroFlare GitHub

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

The other thread, yes ;) No one should ever win this one.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

It's still running foes ;-)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

It's still running foes ;-)

Why do you have to make enemies here?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Yesterday, I used a neat little tool I made to capture the mesh/scene data in a game I play. My brother was curious about a certain area in the game but it wouldn't be worth his time to get to said area.

I thought it would be nice to update said tool to capture "3D screenshots." After capturing the scene, it would be trivial to view the scene and, say, move the camera or adjust aspects--well, until I realized the game in question was an exception to how games actually render. Most games use custom shaders to do any rendering, so while I could capture the rendering calls to later reconstruct the frame/scene, I'd only be able to render such scenes as-is. No way to change the camera or much of anything else...

Fixed function OpenGL was pretty nice for that, I suppose... Grr, programmable hardware!

(I suppose a plug-in architecture of sorts that would modify resources based on specific games could work, but that's pointless. You'd have to have an understanding of the game's specific rendering capabilities [or be able to examine the rendering calls to figure it out], which simply not something the overwhelming majority of people who actually would use such a tool would know...)

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

@Aaron Bolyard: Get the depth-buffer and the color-buffer, then use it to create a voxel-map or a heightmap and render it. It's not perfect but it may work.

-----------------

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Today's holiday was brought to you by the number 1 and the gcc option -msingle-exit.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Relevant.

{"name":"boobs.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/3\/c38c083023dc375e143ad37f2fdc540f.jpg","w":480,"h":486,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/3\/c38c083023dc375e143ad37f2fdc540f"}boobs.jpg

Always relevant.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Miquel: I misused the word. I had folks in mind and foes appeared :-/

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

That mistake dates back to the earliest foelore.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Man I'm not that old and I'm only here since a few 12.3 years ;-)
Edit: I sure made some improvements and it's due to that particular forum, where trolls are troller than everywhere. ;D

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Criticising you was the opposite of what I was even thinking of. I was just playing with the word 'folklore' :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I have a car again. It has been about a year... How are you supposed to use these things again?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I haven't driven in 4 years. Totally know what you mean.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare β€’ AllegroFlare Docs β€’ AllegroFlare GitHub

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

-----------------

Go to: