Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I Got My First Tattoo Yesterday

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
I Got My First Tattoo Yesterday
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"3iuaIa6.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/9\/e9ae698d9d14d9008090b3cce8de9d52.jpg","w":5312,"h":2988,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/9\/e9ae698d9d14d9008090b3cce8de9d52"}3iuaIa6.jpg

It is the "hacker emblem" AKA a glider from Game of Life. It is apparently a rather lengthy healing process and requires regular care. >:(

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

You're playing Tic-tac-toe without an opponent, and you still need five turns to win? OMG :o

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

So what do you guys think bamccaig should tell a chick, when she asks what that symbol is? Starting to explain Game of Life is a bad idea! But he could say something remotely true.
"In the chaotic game of life, I'm a surviver!" 8-)
"I'm a lonely traveller. If I meet someone, I'll be destroyed." :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Maybe he could explain the algorithm? After all, it's pretty simple. That's the kind of the point. Or even better, explain what is fascinating about it. Just show her a video clip on his phone of what it looks like. Some girls are into the "talk nerdy to me" thing. Or so I hear ::)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

It is the "hacker emblem"

Real hackers don't need emblems. 8-)

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

So what do you guys think bamccaig should tell a chick

Hey, wanna play tic-tac-toe?

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Women do in fact, love tattoos. A thousand times more if you can find a way to describe it that infers some deep, profound, aspect of your life or psyche.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Like your sig?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I got a Henna tattoo a couple of weeks ago, does that increase my bad assery at all? :-/

{"name":"608910","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/9\/b96b61ee2fa7bf9ebc21d9d47f3d7137.jpg","w":610,"h":813,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/9\/b96b61ee2fa7bf9ebc21d9d47f3d7137"}608910

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I think some women love tatoos. Question is if you want to be with those that do?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Derezo said:

I got a Henna tattoo a couple of weeks ago, does that increase my bad assery at all? :-/

I don't think that counts. You can't regret it for the rest of your life. On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about that tattoo so maybe that was a good call. How do you like it? Would you want to get that permanently?

What about the color? Is that a limitation of the Henna or did you choose that color? Personally, I never want any color tattoos... Black only please.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Women do in fact, love tattoos.

Some guys chase after the women with tramp stamps.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

If you think having a tattoo will increase your odds, imagine having a tattoo AND a motorcycle! 8-) ML, where is your tattoo?!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Does your gf know the reason why you got a tatoo? :P

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Yes, I told her. :) I'm sure I told her weeks ago, but she forgot. I reminded her yesterday.

Append: The reason I chose that tattoo parlor is because it is owned by other sub girl's family. I was hoping to run into her there and maybe ask her out or something. That was months ago, before I met my current girlfriend. For the record, that isn't why I got the tattoo, but it is more or less what provoked me to schedule the appointment and where.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

What about the color? Is that a limitation of the Henna or did you choose that color?

If it's real henna, then yes it only comes in a red-brown pigment. There are a range of non-permanent dyes that are marketed as "henna" that actually do not contain henna, and they come in other colours.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I think some women love tatoos. Question is if you want to be with those that do?

Yes. Yes you do. I'm married to a conservative woman, and she thinks it's hot as heck.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who likes tattoos or has a tattoo is a drug-addicted bum with no prospects.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who likes tattoos or has a tattoo is a drug-addicted bum with no prospects.

Sure, but she married you, not a tattooed covered muscle freak, so she has some sense ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

bamccaig said:

How do you like it? Would you want to get that permanently?

I love it, but I would not get it permanently. The artist did a Google image search for "dragon henna" and I picked that one. I was more interested in getting it because I had shared a good kiss with her the night before, and I wanted a (fleeting) memory of the event we were at.

Quote:

What about the color? Is that a limitation of the Henna or did you choose that color?

As mentioned, it is the colour of Henna tattoos. I'm cool with the colour, but if I got a permanent tattoo it would be black as well.

My sister is tattooed pretty heavily. She has a full colour sleeve with a koi fish, colourful five-pointed stars going down the side of her neck and shoulders, and other very visible tattoos. I'm very hesitant to get something permanent though, it would need to have some real meaning behind it. My sister regrets some of hers, especially one she has with her ex-boyfriend's name, along with the typical teenage "tramp stamp", but most of them were well thought out and good choices. Her sleeve is really awesome.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Damn it. An online image search has informed me that about half of all tramp stamps belong to men... What is the world coming to?

Thank you, bamccaig, for not getting a tramp stamp.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Sorry, but I think most tattoos are kind of trashy and ugly. And your skin is forever marred. I like skin the way it comes - fresh and clean. That said I have had a girlfriend with tattoos and I didn't mind so bad. She had a hammerhead shark on her arm and a few small others. Sleeves are just gross.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I have this tattooed on my left butt cheek. (Warning: graphic)

{"name":"alex.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/e\/5e53ae5a84bfb503416f9c1636d4998c.png","w":256,"h":256,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/e\/5e53ae5a84bfb503416f9c1636d4998c"}alex.png

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

bamccaig said:

It is apparently a rather lengthy healing process and requires regular care. >:(

The emoticon implies to me that you wish you had been told this before they did the procedure.

How much did it cost you?

Just curious to compare it to the $100 someone else I know paid for theirs.... :P
{"name":"595963","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/2\/52112321fc1cfb648fd3532826b7b2f9.jpg","w":604,"h":453,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/2\/52112321fc1cfb648fd3532826b7b2f9"}595963

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I think tattoos (as well as ear-(or other) piercings) are stupid. But then I saw this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kmallikarjuna/this-is-the-most-useful-tattoo-in-the-world?s=mobile

--

1   2 

Go to: