Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I Got My First Tattoo Yesterday

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
I Got My First Tattoo Yesterday
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

StevenVI said:

The emoticon implies to me that you wish you had been told this before they did the procedure.

I had done research into tattoos for years so I wasn't completely oblivious to it. I had forgotten about the healing process, which initially scared me because caring for a wound isn't really the kind of thing I'm good at, but it's no big deal, really. It has only been a few days, but so far so good. In another few days it should approach its worst and then it should be smooth sailing after that. For now, I've just applied ointment twice a day and tried to not touch it. It looks fine to me, but what do I know. It looks pretty much normal to me, which is odd because it shouldn't be for weeks.. It should start to peel like a sunburn and perhaps scab over and what not. I'm still not sure what to expect there, but I'll take it as it comes. :)

StevenVI said:

How much did it cost you?

$40, but I think they said that $40 is the minimum that they charge at that particular shop so the actual work might have been worth less. It took very little preparation and probably only took 10 or 15 minutes to actually tattoo.

That gives me an idea for a penis tattoo.. :-X

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

bamccaig said:

That gives me an idea for a penis tattoo..

Yes, it could have both cm and inches on same scale. Depending on the mood...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Yes, it could have both cm and inches on same scale. Depending on the mood...

If it's like a fisherman's ruler, you mark off centimetres, but write inches. Though in bambams case, he might have to mark off milimetres. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Nope, not British, just not American. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It was the british influence that made america move away from the proper way.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Men, men... Hear ye! We must band together as Allegro programming brethren, not push each other apart for buying petrol and eating Christmas cake.

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

I'm skeptical until I hear more information on the subject. Oddly enough, Shakespeare is more historically accurate when spoken with an American accent than an English one.

Not bad, Bam; I think it's a nerdy tattoo that doesn't scream "tacky".

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Noah Webster's Spelling Reform

Noah Webster was struck by the inconsistencies of English spelling and the obstacles it presented to learners (young and old alike) and resented that American classrooms were filled only with British textbooks. The spelling reform featured in his first dictionary, A Compendious Dictionary of the English Language, was based on the author's combined vision of logic and aesthetics. He changed the –ce in words like defence, offence, and pretence to –se; abandoned the second, silent "l" in verbs such as travel and cancel when forming the past tense; dropped the "u" from words such as humour and colour; and dropped the "k" from words such as publick and musick. The "publick" readily accepted many of these changes and just as readily rejected some of the others.

I've heard that it was a provincial pride setting them apart from the British, along with driving on the wrong side of the road.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

There's a finnish expression for a tattoo which literally means report card from the school of hard knocks.[1] This image explains it perfectly even without the words.

{"name":"0zgjdyj2.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/ed1a88704e39c36daf54f802681af3d5.jpg","w":715,"h":577,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/ed1a88704e39c36daf54f802681af3d5"}0zgjdyj2.jpg

I for one support the concecpt of tattooing a flaccid penis onto your forehead. :-*

References

1. The context is that uneducated, unemployed and unemployable welfare customers often write "school of hard of knocks" as their educational background on social media.

You don't deserve my sig.

1   2 

Go to: