Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Dario ff said:

I'm surprised you guys didn't lit up my wooden mansion while I was away. :P Specially after trolling you with my "treasure".

Did anyone other than me ever find your "treasure"?

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

The big "evidence" at the place seems like it, though I don't know who was the "lucky" guy.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Did anyone other than me ever find your "treasure"?

Dario ff said:

The big "evidence" at the place seems like it, though I don't know who was the "lucky" guy.

... oh dear God my mind went to a horrible place when reading that.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Oh don't worry too much, I was just talking about an empty chest that triggered 4 tnts exploding all around the poor sod who entered. So there's a big hole now at the treasure place, but the "lucky" fellow didn't leave a sign like Neil did.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Dario ff said:

I was just talking about an empty chest that triggered 4 tnts exploding all around the poor sod who entered.

O_o

I got in just now. Laggy as hell for me though ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It was plenty fast for me while I was logged in. I was rather surprised. It didn't take 30 seconds or more for it to populate the chunks around me.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Yeah, I joined and it was fast and smooth for me. Dario came on momentarily and then 23. Then I quite cause I have to do the dishes and make supper. :(

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I joined, and ended up finding a creeper in a cart. There's a hole in the station now as a result (though it seems the track didn't go anywhere)

Also, it seems broken.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

I can't wait for the update that makes blocks a 10th of their current size.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Now I can't even start the game. It immediately dies with the same error, but for less memory (2k or less).

And I'm not only not out of swap, I'm not even close to being out of memory.

I've see this error before with Java, outside of minecraft. In my case, there was a memory ulimit on the user account in question, and Java wanted heap/stackspace larger than that.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

BAF said:

I've see this error before with Java, outside of minecraft. In my case, there was a memory ulimit on the user account in question, and Java wanted heap/stackspace larger than that.

Ah thanks for the hint, thats probably it. I setup a ulimit of like 2G for virtual address space per process. Its odd how it worked the first time, and now starting it at all dies.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Is this thread close to be the longest one now?

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I'm guessing not even half the size of the soccer one. Probably dwarfed by a few religion ones too. :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Yeah, we're not even close yet.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Was there anything over a thousand? Just for me to know when should I come back.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

So I was finally able to log in with the standalone client...

It seems significantly smoother, even with Fancy Graphics and Smooth lighting enabled... I'll have to play more :)

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I was playing quite a bit the last two days, and no lock ups on my computer.

One of these days I'll fix my IO issue.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I wonder how the iPhone version will work...

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I wrote these down years ago :) The World Cup of 2006 thread had 1378 posts. The Team Chess thread lasted almost 11 months.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

@CGames Thanks.. I'll know when to come back then. :p

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

So yea, I fell into someone's trap, and it didn't seem to go off too well or as planned.

---
MiquelFire.red

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Lawl traps.

I may log on again; I got a few neat ideas today that are simple enough ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Ah thanks for the hint, thats probably it. I setup a ulimit of like 2G for virtual address space per process. Its odd how it worked the first time, and now starting it at all dies.

Glad to be of assistance for once. ;D

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Hmmm. All the servers I've connected to (including ours) I get an insane amount of lag and it takes forever to download terrain. :(

Single player works fine though.

EDIT: Tried again, working fine. I added a moon. Once I figure out how to make a decent mouth and eyes I'll put a little sign on the bottom saying "3 MORE DAYS M**********RS".

EDIT2: I lied; still crappy from my home comp. Which is odd, because my copy is up-to-date and my ping is fine ...

EDIT3: So I decided I need a Death Star and went hunting for sphere-plotting programs (which I also used to make the moon on our Allegro server). Here's my progress on a 60-diameter puppy.

{"name":"603524","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/9\/39fb2fd8cf185229a72ac5a838dba1c3.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/9\/39fb2fd8cf185229a72ac5a838dba1c3"}603524

{"name":"603525","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fde5b9eb1e751090c02b4733f8712909.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fde5b9eb1e751090c02b4733f8712909"}603525

EDIT4: I forget; can portals to the Nether be opened on our server? I need some fire to create appropriate eyes/mouth for my moon but the only thing that burns eternally is Netherrack ... I guess Glowstone would work too but same problem.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

That is pure awesome =D

Go to: