Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I don't like that design. I prefer something like this:

video

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

I'm not in the mood of watching the entire video. :P

My vote depends on what materials are involved, and the amount needed. I can find plenty of iron mining, heck, we could even make an organized mine to find it. That can be fun too.

We thought the rollercoaster was going to take way too long for the iron. We built it in 2-3 days, with some contributions. Can you provide an estimate of how much resources we'd need? (Maybe looking and doing some math on the cartographed map.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

That design is already in use for the roller coasters. I dislike the two switches, since its too easy to push the cart into the next track. (I'm not sure if that's also a problem with single switches though).

It is a simpler design to build though, and if it harvests empty carts and can dispense them on demand, that already fulfills the main appeal of the other system (being that you don't have to sit around and wait for a cart to show up).

[edit]
I'm not sure what materials are needed, but I would like to expand the current map a bit. I'm thinking a station near the spawn point, then build out several (tens of?) chunks in each direction - giving us much more room, a quick way to get there, and hopefully a more diverse map in terms of biomes.

The distance from the spawn point to the arena is probably the maximum distance that I would like to have to walk to get anyplace, but maybe that's just me.

[edit2]
I like the idea of color coding the stations, from the videos I posted. Though I wouldn't use diamond/obsidian/etc, we could spawn in some colored cloth for station markings (afaik, you can't create your own colored cloth yet, can you?).

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Excellent choice of music for the video.

I knew that'd bring some nostalgia warming your heart. ;D

BAF said:

I'm not sure what materials are needed, but I would like to expand the current map a bit. I'm thinking a station near the spawn point, then build out several (tens of?) chunks in each direction - giving us much more room, a quick way to get there, and hopefully a more diverse map in terms of biomes.The distance from the spawn point to the arena is probably the maximum distance that I would like to have to walk to get anyplace, but maybe that's just me.

I still ain't sure if I'd like to spawn items or not. If there's one thing I'm bored to hell, is mining cobblestone, that's for sure. :P Since this project doesn't require "building" with it, I don't see spawning that necessary.

Sorry, I can't really vote until I see the scale of the project. I'd say let's try and build without cheating, if in the long run we see it's WAY too much of a big project, my vote will be changed. So take that as a 'no' until the moment I see what you're talking about.

Quote:

afaik, you can't create your own colored cloth yet, can you?

Nope, you can't. It'd also prevent people from stealing the diamond blocks. :P

My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Of course spawning cobblestone isn't necessary. My concern was the iron for the tracks.

Also, according to the wiki, colored cloth has been removed, so that doesn't help us anyway. ::)

I'll hop on minecraft to discuss it shortly, if you're on.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Is there a vent server our skype conference call going on?

--

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

No. One can be arranged if you can get everyone to discuss at once though.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Think of how much online cred we would get for building it with real materials...

I logged in this morning and my boat elevator is still running!
{"name":"602973","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74be4d2b74bd0520f08019b622ec4851.png","w":1440,"h":900,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74be4d2b74bd0520f08019b622ec4851"}602973

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Think of how nobody would believe us anyway. :P

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Here's how I designed the SkyTower boat elevator.
{"name":"602974","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/a\/3abda81153d0b39898f8ddea388d73bb.png","w":660,"h":579,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/a\/3abda81153d0b39898f8ddea388d73bb"}602974

It's fully automatic, so the boat continually goes through the loop. To ride it, right click to hop in and, once the boat slows down, hop out on top. You can come back down by hopping in it from up top as well.

Explanation:

• There is a slanted water slide that carries the boat into the waterfall.

• Boats float up waterfalls

• You end up inside my SkyTower, flying upward at high velocity. (Don't get out yet! There is a chance you'll die if you get out early)

• Then there is a calm stream that the boat lands on. This slowly lulls the boat to the other end of the loop. This is your chance to calmly get out.

• Lastly the boat falls down onto the high end of the lower stream.

In building it I broke a crapton of boats and probably died a dozen times :P.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Put wool around the area to absorb some of the breaking force from the boats.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

So, we finally did a "formal" fight in the arena. Since nobody could record it from an spectator's view, see it from the gladiators' eyes! It's me vs someone972.

video

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

I'm with dario, I say let's try to build it the normal way first. On the other hand, due to new year's I'm not in town (happy new year!), so I won't be able to join you for a few days. I also need to mine more iron since I donated most of my stacks for the rollercoaster.

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Arena battles need more full diamond equipment. :P

Pretty cool, though. Go Dario!

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

You'd have less people competing if competitors had full diamond equipment. It's way too expensive. :P

We should have multi-person battles too, like this:

video

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I'm not sure why this is, but once in a while (Annoying that it happens when I want to play multi-player however) if I'm playing Minecraft, at some point, the screen become black, I can't do anything with it, there's no spike in CPU (actually, it seems the CPU usage drops as though Minecraft just stops) and I have to force quit Minecraft. One time this happened, if I start playing again after that happens, the whole computer will lock up if that happens again.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

As neat as a transcontinental subway system would be I think it would quickly be made obsolete by functioning portals. For that reason I'm against the spawning of materials for it's construction. I still think it would be neat though, and I'd contribute my own iron and would hunt for more to help with it's construction.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

BAF said:

You'd have less people competing if competitors had full diamond equipment. It's way too expensive. :P

I'd jump in on it. Anyone else?

Also, are bows allowed? You two fought unarmed.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

The idea was unarmed fights. But I suppose if you want to waste diamond armor and weapons, go right ahead :P

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I liked the "find weapons" system, though all the moving around was confusing. Why make walls in a melee fight?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

We can do the two modes whenever you want, the fighters determine what they want. It's either nothing or take whatever you want to the fight. If you lose it, the opponent gets everything you were carrying with you.

There isn't a restriction to barehanded fights only.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I am going to construct Mordor. I've selected a mountiain, and will be covering the entire thing plus a radius around it with gravel, stone, etc. I'll add some lava, caves, and tons of monster spawners so at nighttime the whole place will be crawling with stuff. I'll build a tall wall around the whole thing, iron doors, and a redstone clock circuit so the doors only open sometimes. The whole thing will probably be 4-5 times larger than the arena in either direction, about the size of two biomes. I might also build a roof over the entire thing, so that it's deadly in daytime, too.

If anybody wants to help, I'm a day's walk north of everything. Check the map. If you have gravel, I'll gladly accept donations.

--

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

You should use obsidian for it. It's gotta be black.

I actually want to build Isengard. Or at least The Dark Tower. All out of obsidian. But I don't have the weeks it'd take to harvest all that lava.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I plan to place obsidian into it, but the majority will just be gravel :P

--

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

and tons of monster spawners so at nighttime the whole place will be crawling with stuff.

How are you going to do that? You can't place monster spawners anymore, if you do, they spawn pigs.

Go to: