Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
phate
Member #2,235
April 2002

Just tried to login... First thing I see is a spider and a skeleton. Next thing I see is the Game Over screen :P

-----
For my next trick... ah fark it.
[Website][Twitter]

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

phate said:

Just tried to login... First thing I see is a spider and a skeleton. Next thing I see is the Game Over screen :P

Which is odd because you wouldn't expect mobs in the spawn area. Anyway, I got that too. :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I planted some trees at spawn so new players don't have to climb and swim across deserts and "oceans" to get basic tools. :) That's the only thing I accomplished because having to travel so far away from spawn for these basic things, I'd always end up too far away from other players and safety and die before getting back. :(

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

After doing some wandering I discovered what could be the opening to a cave system... I set up a crafting table and made a sign... I'm off to bed though.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Erikster
Member #9,510
February 2008

I started a large mine in Single player, I essentially take a large area and dig straight down:

02 Iron Ores
50 Coal
03 Leathers from cows that jumped
10 Eggs from chickens

I'm also creating a timelapse of the mine in Minecraft days. So far I have 10 days.

Cat! I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

For the people getting D/Cs often, I'd recommend tuning down the distance view and see if it helps. Until a proper fix comes...

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I died yesterday because of a disconnect. Now I keep respawning in a pool of lava.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

The update today should fix most of that. But it seems text is broken now ::) so you may not want to update. I can't play :(

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

I'm not sure BAF has updated the server yet.

My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Dario ff said:

I'm not sure BAF has updated the server yet.

Probably not. Hopefully he can soon.

edit: it updated again, and the font bug is fixed!

edit2: every time I join, I spawn in mid air, and it takes several seconds for me and the mobs to hit ground...

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Yep, I'm sure the update won't be of much use until the server is updated. Also, isn't there a way to get us back to the spawn point? /home or /spawn or something?

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Disconnected from server: Outdated server :-/

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Vanneto said:

Disconnected from server: Outdated server

Thats bloody annoying.

--

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

On a computer that was lucky to get over 40 fps, now gets over 100fps... Didn't one of the releases fix the frame rate issue? And if so, how the hell did this one computer increase that much? I need to check my home computer's frame rate. That thing once hit 200fps.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Updated server.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Is it down now? I can't login.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Yeah, seems its lagged out.

--

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

The more this thread is active, the less we're playing. :P

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

That house is pretty cool Dario. Makes me want to build something -- I never feel like I have enough resources though.

How do you plant trees?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

How do you plan trees?

You can get saplings from knocking down leafs, or cutting down a tree and letting the leaves fall apart. Then you can plant the saplings.

--

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I'm not playing because the game lags for me. Not just in multiplayer, sometimes when I enter the menu it lags like hell. Like 5 fps. I don't know for sure, but I'd wager its because of Java.

Damn notch, why not C#, C/C++... Anything but Java? :-/

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

looks like the server is back?

--

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

On a computer that was lucky to get over 40 fps, now gets over 100fps...

Same here. I bough the game just a few weeks ago and it was smooth, but didn't play more, until 2 or 3 days ago now that I have the time, and then it was very choppy. But with yesterday's update it's smooth again :D

For now I'm playing SP, and learning how to play.

You can get saplings from knocking down leafs, or cutting down a tree and letting the leaves fall apart.

Oh, and I was trying to plant the wood :P Now maybe that explains why a tree growed inside my home (where home = 4 walls) :P

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Hehe, my fast computer can almost get 400 fps when I look at the ground. When looking off into the distance, it's around 120. But I think the render distance is set to far, and the other computer might be normal. When I set my fast computer to normal, the fps jumps to almost 300 for the angle that results in the 120 range on far.

The slow computer, BTW, a single YoutTube HD video is pushing the damn thing to the limit. And only if that's the only really active thing.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

{"name":"602916","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/f\/cf7e11773cd98df87d1bf62f6bf97fc4.png","w":1440,"h":900,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/f\/cf7e11773cd98df87d1bf62f6bf97fc4"}602916
{"name":"602917","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c56db2203b233d8b8154b15f222ea0c7.png","w":1440,"h":900,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c56db2203b233d8b8154b15f222ea0c7"}602917

Go to: