Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Yet another Minecraft Thread - Halloween Update Incoming!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Yet another Minecraft Thread - Halloween Update Incoming!
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I used to do that after playing too much computer chess...

I first experienced it when I played SimCity on the NES/SNES as a kid.

The major difference is my brain has gone (more) warped due to having to constantly adjust for the up/down angle when going up or down stairs in minecraft. After a long enough set of stairs, I can't really tell which way I'm going :x

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

At least it's not interfering with your life as much as this guy:

video

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

MiquelFire's link lead me to this which I thought was very funny.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Hey! A Firesheep!

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

MinePlump

Awesome 8-)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Billybob said:

MinePlump

How good is that? Also, is it safe to run? I'm not overly paranoid, but I don't like running programs from unknown sources on my computer.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

How good is that? Also, is it safe to run? I'm not overly paranoid, but I don't like running programs from unknown sources on my computer.

That page itself says "PRACTICE ON WORLDS YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT! BACKUP YOUR WORLDS!". In caps too.

append: It works rather well actually :D Once you hit a vein that's been plumped, you know it immediately.

append2: Heh, Floating glass swimming pool ftw.

{"name":"NmUrsAGl.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/0\/706a3901766f60d3d9759b49661bca34.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/0\/706a3901766f60d3d9759b49661bca34"}NmUrsAGl.png

append3: Wholy crap:

{"name":"CJcxiwc.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/7\/f7d00cb2c41ed3f105e27f401324566f.png","w":1280,"h":800,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/7\/f7d00cb2c41ed3f105e27f401324566f"}CJcxiwc.png

Thats a lot of coal.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

On some of my maps, I tend to find more coal then I can use.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

On some of my maps, I tend to find more coal then I can use.

Yeah, theres normally enough of it I find. At least given the amount of other stuff. You can't really use a heck of a lot of it if you're short on iron, wood and other stuff to smelt.

--

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I hate coal. Every time I find some I am forced to mine it all up. And there is so much coal. :P

Currently I am creating several bases so I can mine up enough stone to actually build something substantial (like a skyscraper or something). Then I will link all these bases up with rails. I need more iron to do that however...

Damn this game and the time it makes me waste. >:(

In capitalist America bank robs you.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I need my coal now, if I'm going to cover every square meter of adminium with torches ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I was finally able to gather enough obsidian to make my first portal. Apparently, I spawned in a pretty crappy location in The Nether as I'm stuck in a very small dark cave and there is no lava (or ghasts, or zombie pigmen) anywhere :(

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

That page itself says "PRACTICE ON WORLDS YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT! BACKUP YOUR WORLDS!". In caps too.

I was worried more about spyware or viruses.

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Quote:

Get the latest source code from Subversion: https://www.thogan.com/svn/mineplump/

You can always check if it does anything malicious. ;)

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Man, that cave I'm working on is huge. Or will be. Its not a natural cave. I'm just trying to mine all the stuff in it. I have stacks of diamonds...

--

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

This is my current castle on the water.

{"name":"602603","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/5\/25988b32e91508a578978c698d35abb9.png","w":873,"h":526,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/5\/25988b32e91508a578978c698d35abb9"}602603

Everything is coming along fine. One problem though. I did not make foundations under the structure, so there is water below. Now I can't mine down below until I cover every inch of water below with stone.

Are there any alternatives? Is there an easier way to get rid of the water below a building?

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Vanneto said:

Is there an easier way to get rid of the water below a building?

Careful application of lava to turn it into cobblestone. Or fill it up with sand/gravel.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Thanks Billybob, sand worked way faster than lava or placing stone blocks. Now after an unimaginable amount of work, this is how it looks (note: everything below the windows was water)

{"name":"602604","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/8\/f8e93a03050ae511547da493e2e4c161.png","w":863,"h":520,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/8\/f8e93a03050ae511547da493e2e4c161"}602604

Success! 8-)

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Fine. I'm getting it too. >:(

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

WHY IS THERE A PIG ALWAYS RIDING IN MY MINE CART? >:(

--

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

WHY IS THERE A PIG ALWAYS RIDING IN MY MINE CART? >:(

Related?

Quote:

A farmer decides that his 3 sows should be bred, and contacts his buddy down the road, who owns 3 male pigs. They agree on a stud fee, and the farmer puts the sows in his pickup and brings them down the road to the males. He leaves them all day, and when he picks them up that night, asks the man how he can tell if it 'took' or not. The breeder replies that if, the next morning, the sows were grazing on grass, they were pregnant, but if they were rolling in the mud as usual, they probably weren't ...
Comes the morn, the sows are rolling in the mud as usual, so the farmer puts them in the truck and brings them back for a second full day of frolic. This continues for a week, since each morning the sows are rolling in the mud.
About the sixth day, the farmer wakes up and tells his wife, "I don't have the heart to look again. This is getting ridiculous, AND expensive. You check today." With that, the wife peeks out the bedroom window and starts to laugh.
"What is it?" asks the farmer excitedly. "Are they grazing at last?"
"Nope." says the wife. "Two of them are jumping up and down in the back of your truck, and the other one is honking the horn!"

http://www.cljones.com/jfarm.html

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Vanneto said:

Thanks Billybob, sand worked way faster than lava or placing stone blocks. Now after an unimaginable amount of work, this is how it looks (note: everything below the windows was water)

:o 8-)

Your doors, they are confusing.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

Fine. I'm getting it too. >:(

NO DONt --- aght--- Now I'm the only one!! :(

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

NO DONt --- aght--- Now I'm the only one!! :(

Join us!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

video

(yeah, quality sucks. sue me.)

--

Go to: