Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » stray kitten and now cat shows up

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
stray kitten and now cat shows up
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

99.9999999% of the population shouldn't be allowed to own pets. They're not dolls. You don't have the right to treat them like humans. It's cruel. Cesar Millan is the first person I've seen that understands dogs and it seems the majority of the Internet (and world) is convinced he's cruel to animals... ::) They prefer that UK bitch that hides behind the owners, blames the dog for his confusion, and encourages the owner to barricade the dog in a back room. ::) It sounds like she's taking Cesar's words right from his show and uses them in her show, but doesn't understand them and completely contradicts them... >:(

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Take it to an ATM.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

You don't have the right to treat them like humans. It's cruel. Cesar Millan is the first person I've seen that understands dogs and it seems the majority of the Internet (and world) is convinced he's cruel to animals...

I've managed to catch one of his sessions, and the behavioural psychology he applied to the dog on that show is the same as what is used on people.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

HardTranceFan said:

I've managed to catch one of his sessions, and the behavioural psychology he applied to the dog on that show is the same as what is used on people.

Care to be more specific? ???

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

If it is the same, theres a reason, adult Cats happen to have the same emotional level as a 2 year old human, as do some breeds of dogs.

They are little people. Mine sure as hell is.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

All I can say is if it acts like one, why not treat it that way? It asks to go outside, I let it (if its safe). It wants attention, I usually give it to him. Same as I would for a child.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

My cats go outside freely. One day they will be hit by a car. Until that day they will have lived a good life, chasing mice and birds, climbing in trees. There's not a single scratch on our furniture indoor. Except my youngest kid's bunk bed. That's Lolli's favourite place for a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

My cat lives outside. I let him in when I actually lived at home, but I don't think he goes in much these days. I'll have to have a talk with someone about that, what with winter coming on and him being a fairly old cat.

He has two favorite pass-times, depending on whether he is inside or outside. If he is inside he will sit by the door meowing loudly until someone lets him out. If he is outside he will sit by the door meowing loudly until someone lets him in. ???

Stupid kitty.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

My cat mostly lives inside. Its just where he prefers to spend most of his time (especially in the winter :o). I do let him go out a lot though when its warm out. And then he usually sticks near to the house. Pretty much just keeps an eye on his territory. If another male cat wanders in he takes it quite personally. Normally hes such a nice sweet, docile cat, but if another male cat comes near he flips out. Actually acts like a male cat instead of a wuss.

--

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I'd never had a cat door before, as I've always rented, and my cat spends most of her time indoors anyway. But now that we're living in a house with one, I haven't been able to teach her how to use it, and so have to leave it propped open with a box.

Quote:

Normally hes such a nice sweet, docile cat

Mine's usually pretty sweet as well. My today she beet up my gf's mother's new dog. And it's a big dog.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

He has two favorite pass-times, depending on whether he is inside or outside. If he is inside he will sit by the door meowing loudly until someone lets him out. If he is outside he will sit by the door meowing loudly until someone lets him in. ???

Stupid kitty.

No, clever kitty. He has his humans well trained :)

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

If our cat meows too loud for too long, he gets "The Shoe". I wont explain what that means. :P

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Schyfis
Member #9,752
May 2008

Quote:

My today she beet up my gf's mother's new dog.

As in the vegetable?! I expect pics of a cat whacking a dog with a beet now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[freedwill.us]
[unTied Games]

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

As in the vegetable?! I expect pics of a cat whacking a dog with a beet now.

Now I'm wondering what I was thinking with "My today."

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

No, clever kitty. He has his humans well trained :)

Actually we just gave up and left him outside during the day and inside at night. I always worry about him being outside, though, because there are people around here who would actually swerve to hit a cat.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

We have nice neighbours. We actually adopted our older cat from relatives to our neighbour. And the neighbours sometime give food to both our cats. The other neighbour seems to like them, too. She grows things in her garden and she might have noticed that our cats chase field-mice. There's a field-mouse year coming up. People are recommended to hang up nesting boxes for owls. Another way would be to let cats chase the mice.

1   2 

Go to: