兩隻老虎,兩隻老虎,跑得快!

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Haha, awesome.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

no i dont like this one it must be my computer because the vocal sample timeing is way off you are starting the sample to soon it sound like its rushing the sound.

good thing i download the older ones.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Piccolo: When playing back an mp3 mixdown, no single track can be shifted unless it is shifted in the original mix. It can't be your computer.

---
Me make music: Triofobie
---
"We need Tobias and his awesome trombone, too." - Johan Halmén

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

That song actually rocks !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I believe Ron just wanted to show the sound mix of the vocals in that mp3. That's why it had no midi instruments. And he probably hadn't adjusted the timing that much, only the sound (eq, reverb, whatnot).

Gull said:

That song actually rocks !

Ages ago I think I said:

Read sometimes someone's post and imagine that the avatar character says that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Meh, I don't even know if I still have the 'gull' or the cat (I never display avatars cause it's not really allowed to use any form of forum @work teehehehe)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Coulds someone plz supply me with the latest full length back music that was used to make this mix down. I will snyic the vocals in FL Studio.

wow

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Quote:

cause it's not really allowed to use any form of forum @work teehehehe

Then why do you?

Quote:

Coulds someone plz supply me with the latest full length back music that was used to make this mix down. I will snyic the vocals in FL Studio.

I think our Supreme Producer Johan has that covered.
Apart from that, the syncing only makes sense if you do an actual (final) mix, for which you would need all the original tracks, not just a mixdown. Otherwise, you'd just be wasting your time.

---
---

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

Apart from that, the syncing only makes sense if you do an actual (final) mix, for which you would need all the original tracks, not just a mixdown. Otherwise, you'd just be wasting your time.

It a habit of mine to fix somthing when i see it not right or broken.

This is why im called a man of many trades.(Sub-tute)portgues trancelation

its not right too add the vocal at this point if they are not done right it make the vocalist sound like they are singing oof cue.

wow

Tobias Dammers
Member #2,604
August 2002

Quote:

It a habit of mine to fix somthing when i see it not right or broken.

You don't work in the software industry, do you? Sometimes, fixing something costs more money than leaving it broken and working around the bug. Also, what is "right" is a matter of personal choice.

Quote:

its not right too add the vocal at this point if they are not done right it make the vocalist sound like they are singing oof cue.

He is. And out of tune. And without any vocal technique whatsoever. Which is entirely intentional. He is Our Supreme Dictator, after all.

---
---

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Pedro, I don't know what you did, but your mix sounds great! it seems the slightly out-of-time issues has been fixed now, good job!

Matthew, can you buy/borrow a Shure SM58? the lack of this item is the only thing that keeps your voice away from fame and immortality.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

$109.00! I think not.

I have high hopes for this A.cc CD, but there's no way it will even gross that much money!

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Paul: why don't you send him a mic to use? :P

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

Hey everyone... I'll be back maybe sometime next week to try and fix the mix. It's just taking a bit longer for me to get back to work ::)... I had re-mixed the drums and sampled the other instruments we're missing before I left, I just didn't have time to mix it all down and post it... If anyone has any other instruments to add I can mix them in or if anyone wants the cleaned up tracks I can zip them up and post them when I get back... But right now I'm gonna pig out on cake and ice cream ;D

[edit] Decided to come back today. Making a mix of it right now...

[edit] Here it is.. ;) It should sound much better then the last mix ;D I normalized the tracks properly this time although some of the vocals still sound a bit in the background... I think I fixed all the timing issues now, but I may have missed some. Let me know of any changes you'd like to make.

Monday song - (10-03-2008)

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

For what it's worth, I should be able to record the vocals next week on a better microphone.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Hah, the song is actually pretty good now. Good work everyone. :o

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

Mathew, I think the biggest problem with your recorded vocals isn't necessarily the mic. I think you must have set the gain on the mic input too high and so it clipped in the sound hardware... I tried to fix it up but they were just too messed up, but a better mic would also give better results.

I keep playing that solo over and over....

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I used a USB Logitech headset:

{"name":"41VQ1SPSKGL.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/5\/952b7924e486dbb8cc7a23ae15e6c699.jpg","w":500,"h":500,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/5\/952b7924e486dbb8cc7a23ae15e6c699"}41VQ1SPSKGL.jpg

8-)

I had to set the input volume in Audacity at very low or else it was full of very horrible clippy static noises.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

I had to set the input volume in Audacity at very low or else it was full of very horrible clippy static noises.

Instead, move the mic further away from your mouth (about 1 to 3 feet) and bring the rec volume back up. You should get a better sound that way.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I would have, but unfortunately I also had to use the headset to listen to the music, so I could only get the mic about a foot away.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

ah...

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

{"name":"596619","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/a\/6aa9895702faffdeedd3788aede2fca1.png","w":601,"h":409,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/a\/6aa9895702faffdeedd3788aede2fca1"}596619
This is how Matthew's song wave looks. The black condensed wave at the top shows that the wave is clipped, though not at the 100 level. But the lower, magnified image shows that it's not digitally clipped. The edge is not a straight line. That might be what the mic does when it reaches its limit. Or the analog pre-amp stage whatever. Lowering the level in Audacity probably only lowered the already clipped wave from 100 to 60. It might work if you adjust the recording level from Windows sound control. That might control the pre-amp or mic-amp, whatever it is that gets overdriven.

About Ron's last mix. It sounds really good, but there's too much stuff. The midi trombone shouldn't be there, playing the melody that Matthew sings in the chorus. And I would take out the violin at the very end, leaving Matthew's voice on its own. The much-stuff feeling is otherwise good. The only thing left that should be midi is the drum track, I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Ron OMg this what i new it could sound like great job on the twiking.

Just One small problem. in the 2nd verse when mathew say "to make the game of the year". Is it posibel to strech that sample to slow it down a bit? It is starting on cue but it runs a little fast.

other then that great job every one.
King Piccolo is very pleased .

wow

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

If Matthew is going to re-record vocals I'm not even going to bother changing them... At least for now...

[edit] I need to fix the rhythm guitar a little too... I recorded another rhythm guitar and tried to blend the two together but it didn't take very well... I'll get back to it later though

----

Go to: