Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

HardTranceFan said:

Rape is rape. There are no multiple, ambiguous definitions to the word.

Except it's not. The layman definition of rape is very different from (say) the legal definition of rape. Trivializing the issue doesn't help prove your point.

wearetheborg said:

I don't care. His opinion is so vile that I will not allow him to continue posting in this thread.

On the contrary. When someone spouts his vile opinion, he should be dragged out, exposed and and mocked, not driven underground by having you put your fingers into your ears and singing "lalalalalala". That doesn't solve anything.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Quote:

One rape is not less worse than another.

internet said:

There is not one type of rape. The survivor's perception of the experience is affected by many variables. It is important to realize that even if the situations of the rape are similar, people are individuals and respond differently to similar situations. Although generalizations are useful and sometimes helpful in learning about the phenomenon of rape and the impact on survivors, it is important to understand that there are always different reactions than those that have been generalized.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

HardTranceFan said:

To violate anyone without consent in anyway is unjustifiable, unacceptable and inexcusable, irrespective of the situation.

So you can actually violate anyone with their permission? That just sounds so weird:

Quote:

John: Lisa, can I violate you now?
Lisa: Yes, violate me like you have never violated anyone before.

:P

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Masochist: "Hit me!"
Sadist: "No, I won't!"

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Michael Jensen said:

So in other words I'm in the process of being raped right now by an evil moderator? :o

;D

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Coluche said:
"She said I raped her, but raping is when someone does not want to have sex, and me was wanting!"
;D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Specter
Member #8,535
April 2007

The woman from the airline was on Dr. Phil and finally got her apology so she won't be on any more tv shows. The sad part is that they are still thinking of suing the airline over the ordeal that she was creating. Though, Dr. Phil had a guy who was in a regular T-Shirt, knee length shorts, and sandles who was kicked out of the plane because he wasn't dressed right for his first class ticket.

Specter
Specter Entertainment
"The icy chill of death has consumed me."

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Though, Dr. Phil had a guy who was in a regular T-Shirt, knee length shorts, and sandles who was kicked out of the plane because he wasn't dressed right for his first class ticket.

That makes no sense. They were on shaky ground with the woman who got kicked off, but kicking off a guy whose clothes aren't anywhere near "revealing" is just asking to be sued. Was it the same airline?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I saw the episode too. (Hey, there's nothing to do at 3PM in the afternoon!)

It was actually quite pathetic. She initially implied that all she wanted was an apology and she'd be happy. After she said that, then Dr. Phil put up an apology directly from the CEO on the screen and read it. And she got free tickets, which she originally happily accepted.

Then after her attorney spoke and a commercial break, she changed her mind. She was "boo hoo, I won't fly on this airline again" and gave back the tickets and essentially said she was going to sue them. ::)

And yes, there was one guy who was told to change into something appropriate for first class (ie: put on socks or shoes). Different airline, I think. But he wasn't being all "woe is me" like the money grubbing skank.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

ie: put on socks or shoes)

Well that changes everything. Feet are the most indecent part of the human body, and must be covered at all times. ::) I've always felt that was a stupid policy in stores, etc. I'm sure they've got a good reason, but I'd have to think on it to figure out what, and it's too late for thinking now.

Quote:

Hey, there's nothing to do at 3PM in the afternoon!

Why do you think I'm here so much? :P

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Haha, oh yes. That, and 'The New Terrance and Philip Movie Trailer' (AKA. Fightin' Round the World) are my favourite episodes.

You don't deserve my sig.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

proper dressed != not showing your private parts

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Black said:

Well that changes everything. Feet are the most indecent part of the human body, and must be covered at all times. ::) I've always felt that was a stupid policy in stores, etc. I'm sure they've got a good reason, but I'd have to think on it to figure out what, and it's too late for thinking now.

First class passengers don't want to smell feet... :-/ Personally I hate sandals anyway. I don't understand why people wear them...

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

ie: put on socks or shoes)

Correct. Feet in sandals smell :P

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Feet in sandals smell

I've don't smell the feet of people who wear sandals around me. I guess in an enclosed airplane it's a whole different story, but here on the ground it doesn't bother me.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

While you're on the streets no, but try to stay in a closed room with people without socks... evil :P

Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

While you're on the streets no, but try to stay in a closed room with people without socks... evil

I do, all the time. Almost half the people I know, people that I've lived with, wear sandals around the house.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I thought the reason why feet smelled was because of bacteria feeding on sweat (which is likely caused by feet crammed into a shoe that has no breathing ability).

I don't recall ever smelling someone who was wearing sandals, but I know I don't like looking at their feet.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Women have better feet than men. Guys, how about getting a pedicure or something?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Samuel Henderson said:

I thought the reason why feet smelled was because of bacteria feeding on sweat (which is likely caused by feet crammed into a shoe that has no breathing ability).

Air can't get in, but odor can't get out either. ;)

Samuel Henderson said:

I don't recall ever smelling someone who was wearing sandals, but I know I don't like looking at their feet.

True.

wearetheborg said:

Women have better feet than men.

No foot is beautiful so it doesn't matter much.

wearetheborg said:

Guys, how about getting a pedicure or something?

I don't even know what that is!

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

I don't even know what that is!

It's when the feet get pattered down with cosmetics... Waste of money!

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Quote:

HAH you are so uneducated. Everybody knows that feet smell because they are growing out of your ass! :)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

I thought the reason why feet smelled was because of bacteria feeding on sweat

Exactly, but sweat does form underneath the foot, even with sandals.
Shoes keep the smeel in, and socks absorb sweat

Go to: