Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing
Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

This reminded me of an image... I hope it's not inappropriate.

http://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/593183

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

hohoho is someone getting a little testy? Sensitive about our girlfriend's crotch are we?
lololololol

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

Whereas i was thinking that although that does make sense, it is completely irrelvant. Yes of course she may be giving people ideas, it's obvious, that is how straight guys think!

I resent that. So I think a girl wearing nice close is giving me ideas? I'll have you know it gives me no ideas besides the simple fact that this person has decided to wear revealing clothes.

I'm not some mindless sex drone.

Quote:

However she should be allowed to do so, it is a basic inalienable human right, she should be allowed to flaunt it all she wants and if someone forces themselves on her then all of your disapproval should be focused on THEM not HER.

You say 'inalienable' huh? So I guess people should be allowed to walk around naked if they want to flaunt their latest diet... I wonder how the muslims would take to that.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

I resent that. So I think a girl wearing nice close is giving me ideas? I'll have you know it gives me no ideas besides the simple fact that this person has decided to wear revealing clothes.

It gives me plenty of ideas. It gives almost every guy I know ideas. Problems occur when a guy acts on those ideas against the woman's will. Just because a girl dresses like a slut doesn't mean she is one.

Quote:

You say 'inalienable' huh? So I guess people should be allowed to walk around naked if they want to flaunt their latest diet... I wonder how the muslims would take to that.

If it's possible to have too much freedom, this would definitely fall into the "too much" category.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

MJ said:

you two are posting rude, unconstructive comments in almost every topic I post in

Right.

I thought you said you were going to butt out a few posts ago... So butt out already. Your moronic statements about rape are not needed. I plan on deleting any other post you make in this thread in order to
a) put an end to YOUR trolling in this thread
b) save you from further embarrassment

Run along now, I'm sure your girlfriend's crotch is waiting for you.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

ust because a girl dresses like a slut doesn't mean she is one.

I should have read Trent Gamblin's pic first. :-/

Quote:

I plan on deleting any other post you make in this thread

I didn't know you had that power. Cool.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

There are situations, where women should be careful on how they dress. And women who aren't careful, act stupid. I do have sympathies for them if they get raped, but I still think they are stupid. It's like crossing a zebra crossing. If I get hit by a truck on a zebra crossing (or what you call them), the fault is the driver's and he is a complete donkeyhole, but I'm kind of stupid not being careful. That said, I do like to tease all drivers in our town by stepping down on the crossing and forcing them to stop, because that's what zebra crossings are for. At least in Finland. They are not for pedestrians that cross only after all cars have passed, because they can do that at any part of the street.

It is possible to change drivers' attitude against zebra crossings. I believe they have done a good job in Sweden. 500-1000$ fee if you don't give way to pedestrian. But how could we change the attitude of these presumptive rapists that get trigged by women in sexy clothes? I think it is reasonable to assume there are different kinds of rapists. Those who simply rape anyone. Those who kind of get trigged by a woman in sexy outfit. Those who actually believe they are about to succeed in hitting on a woman and simply don't understand any rejection after some point. None of these are in any circumstances excusable, but that simply can't unjustify the idea of that a woman had better be careful sometimes. Find a way to get rid of all rapists and presumptive rapists and then anyone could dress just as they like. Without being stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

I do like to tease all drivers in our town by stepping down on the crossing and forcing them to stop

I've never done this, but I've noticed that when I walk down the roads here (not in this town where they have sidewalks, but in the small town I lived in before college where it's just the shoulder of the road), cars will get as far to the right side of their lane, sometimes crossing into the other lane when traffic permits, like I'm going to leap out in front of them and sue them for the insurance money. Then again, here in America that fear may be justified.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

I plan on deleting any other post you make in this thread in order to
a) put an end to YOUR trolling in this thread
b) save you from further embarrassment

Lesson learned: Never argue with a lady... especially one with moderator powers!

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Quote:

Find a way to get rid of all rapists and presumptive rapists

Castrate all men! Of course, that would lead to other problems...

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

Once again it has been thoroughly established that bamccaig is a moron. And anyone saying "if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy" should be euthanized (or at the very least sterilized) post-haste. Showing a bit of skin or dressing sexy is not a valid excuse for depraving that person of their dignity and scarring them for life. There are no valid excuses.

Michael Faerber
Member #4,800
July 2004

Quote:

And anyone saying "if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy" should be euthanized (or at the very least sterilized) post-haste.

That reminds me of the statement "I'll kill everybody who says I'm aggressive". ;)

--
"The basic of informatics is Microsoft Office." - An informatics teacher in our school
"Do you know Linux?" "Linux? Isn't that something for visually impaired people?"

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Dustin Dettmer said:

I'm not some mindless sex drone.

:o Dustin is a chick! Kidding. I'm not a mindless sex drone. I'm not saying that revealing clothing is too much temptation for a guy to resist (mind you, if you wear revealing clothing you have no right to be offended or feel uncomfortable when guys stare). However, there are circumstances where the temptation and chemical rush could cloud judgment. For example, I would imagine some ex-cons that have been locked up in a maximum security male prison for the past 10 years would have trouble controlling themselves. We are animals, after all. That doesn't excuse their actions, but it doesn't make it smart for women to provoke them either. There's really only one thing dressing sexily accomplishes. ::)

Johan Halmén said:

That said, I do like to tease all drivers in our town by stepping down on the crossing and forcing them to stop, because that's what zebra crossings are for.

I fucking hate pedestrian crossings. >:( That's what intersections are for. Busy streets that don't permit crossing should have a walkway above the street so pedestrians don't interfere with traffic or a traffic light that remains green until a pedestrian triggers the traffic lights to change when appropriate with a button or something.

If you step out in front of my car it should be your problem, your fault; not mine.

Neil Black said:

I've never done this, but I've noticed that when I walk down the roads here (not in this town where they have sidewalks, but in the small town I lived in before college where it's just the shoulder of the road), cars will get as far to the right side of their lane, sometimes crossing into the other lane when traffic permits, like I'm going to leap out in front of them and sue them for the insurance money.

I live in a small town and travel a two lane highway almost every day. The reason I go around pedestrians when the other lane is clear is because it reduces the chance of hitting them. They could accidentally fall into traffic, throw their arm out and get hit by your car, or any number of ways you could 'hit' them and be liable even though it was their fault.

Sadly, the courts treat pedestrians in traffic accidents the same way they treat women in divorce court. They win unless they do something extremely obvious and heinous and there are pedestrian (or in a divorce, female) witnesses. ::)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

The reason I got around pedestrians when the other lane is clear is because it reduces the chance of hitting them. They could accidentally fall into traffic, throw their arm out and get hit by your car, or any number of ways you could 'hit' them and be liable even though it was their fault.

Yeah, but the shoulders around here are pretty wide, I'm about five feet from where traffic normally is already, but I see your point.

Quote:

Sadly, the courts treat pedestrians in traffic accidents the same way they treat women in divorce court. They win unless they do something extremely obvious and heinous and there are pedestrian (or in a divorce, female) witnesses.

The system sucks. People suck. If I was hit by a car and it was my fault, I wouldn't try to sue the driver. If it was his fault I'd sue without a second thought, though.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

wearetheborg said:

I plan on deleting any other post you make in this thread...

IMO, that's an abuse of power. I don't see anything wrong with what Michael Jensen said. He's welcome to his opinion.

Neil Black said:

If I was hit by a car and it was my fault, I wouldn't try to sue the driver. If it was his fault I'd sue without a second thought, though.

Sometimes you don't actually know whose fault it was. You may be SURE that a driver swerved off the road and hit you on the shoulder, when in reality you lost track of your walking and stepped into the street. Especially if you're looking at somebody across the street or something while you walk.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

IMO, that's an abuse of power. I don't see anything wrong with what Michael Jensen said. He's welcome to his opinion.

Says the man who said even worse then Micheal.

Seriously, I believe in free speech, but I have no sympathy for someone who gets their posts deleted when they make inflammatory remarks about a sensitive subject.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Black said:

Says the man who said even worse then Micheal.

If that's the case then why was he threatened and not me? Sounds like she's making it personal. The whole point of being a moderator is to be outside of the situation so you can make things fair and enjoyable for all members. Would you want to be tried in a court of law by a judge who's related to an alleged victim? Probably not.

She's welcome to have her own opinions, but she should try to keep her moderator privileges out of it.

manjula (AKA allegedly wearetheborg's sister) hasn't contributed at all to this thread. The only thing she's done is troll and flame. Apparently she's free to do that because her sister is a moderator.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

If that's the case then why was he threatened and not me?

A few pages back several people (myself included) expressed the urge to knee you in the balls. You may have thought we were joking, but If I passed you on the street (and knew who you were) I would kick you ass. Or at least try to. It's a possibility that you're a better fighter than me. But I'd make sure you were hurting for a while afterwords, at least.

Quote:

The only thing she's done is troll and flame.

And this isn't trolling:

Quote:

Note that if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy.

There was no point in even saying that. The original subject, a woman getting kicked off a plane for dressing skimpy, had nothing to do with rape. This entire thread is one huge example of trolling on your part so I think she's being fairly on-topic by trolling and flaming.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Quote:

Note that if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy.

This isnt trolling. Its expressing an opinion that he will not have sympathy.

And if it is trolling, it isnt intended im sure whereas manjula is trolling intentionally.

And he is right about the moderator thing. Once, I told a X person over MSN that I would kick Y ass because he did something on a forum. Person X told person Y, and he gave me a ban on that forum. ( quite big one ). I didnt even tell it to him directly, nor on the forums. Just goes to show you, not everyone is suited to be a moderator.

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

This isnt trolling. Its expressing an opinion that he will not have sympathy.

Except that everytime he expresses his opinion, its considered VERY politically incorrect (and generally moraly WRONG) by most people here. Whether he means to or not, a troll is a troll, when you keep baiting people with the rudest and insane statements, its trolling.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Yeah sorry for the statement. I just tasted his rudness in another thread... Oh well, I cant always be right!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

bamccaig said:

If you step out in front of my car it should be your problem, your fault; not mine.

Well, yes. No zebra, my fault. Zebra with no lights, your fault. Zebra with green man, your fault. Zebra with red man, my fault. It shouldn't be hard to get it. In any case where your fault, I could blame on my stupidity for not considering the donkeyhole drivers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Johan Halmén said:

Well, yes. No zebra, my fault. Zebra with no lights, your fault. Zebra with green man, your fault. Zebra with red man, my fault. It shouldn't be hard to get it. In any case where your fault, I could blame on my stupidity for not considering the donkeyhole drivers.

I don't think we call them "Zebras" in North America and I don't think we have green/red men either... ::);D

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

"Zebra" probably related to our crosswalks.

"Red man"/ "Green man" I'm thinking something along the lines of red and green lights here in the U.S.A.

If I'm wrong on any of these then someone please correct me.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I would think the coloured men refer to the "walk" and "don't walk" lights at cross walks.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Go to: