Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Airline Said Her Outfit Was Too Revealing
Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

Quote:

Not true! I wear skirts that come up to just above to knees. I still cross my legs when I sit down because when I sit down, the skirt goes up a little. If I didn't cross my legs, then I would be creating an awkward situation for myself. I wouldn't call that kind of skirt revealing.

Now, I by no means want to talk you out of wearing that skirt (or especially not shorter ones you may have), but ML is right on this one -- if the clothes you wear, require a restircted movement to prevent them from being revealing, then just because you restrict your movement, it doesn't mean that the skirt isn't still revealing -- you're just preventing it from doing that; moral of the story: wear shorter skirts, and quit crossing your legs when you sit down please.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Note that if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy.

Shut the fuck up you son of a bitch.

Kwame Alexander
Member #3,759
August 2003

bamccaig said:

Note that if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy.

Have any of your friends been raped? I doubt it, if you're making a ridiculous statement like that. I know that you're not saying that you condone it, but seriously.

Should someone who gets mugged because he wore expensive-looking clothing receive no sympathy? I mean, by wearing a nice suit, you're pretty much asking for it, right?

--------------------------
"Be yourself and it'll just happen," - Traditional litany against success

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

omg you guys that out-fit is not reveling. its not even sexaly pleasing. my good ness where do you guy live? in the hills? look up "pum pum shorts" and thats not even reviling.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

mg you guys that out-fit is not reveling.

That skirt is revealing, although I don't thinks it's enough to kick someone off of a plane. Unless she weighed about 500 pounds. :o

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

A skirt that reveals your crotch is revealing by definition. There's nothing else left to reveal! Whether or not you feel that is "too revealing" is your opinion. But if a visible crotch isn't revealing, then there really is no point in even putting on a skirt.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Well, it still covers a large portion of the butt-cheeks.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Quote:

A skirt that reveals your crotch is revealing by definition.

I find pants on men way too revealing!! >:( Jeans show off their bums too nicely :o Some pants are even worse... I'm too embarrassed to say more :-[

I say we might as well run around nekked. Clothing is just way too revealing these days!!! >:( >:( >:(

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

I say we might as well run around nekked.

the humans would multiply faster then rabbits

wow

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Kwame Alexander said:

Have any of your friends been raped? I doubt it, if you're making a ridiculous statement like that. I know that you're not saying that you condone it, but seriously.

That was mostly just an offensive, controversial, and ignorant way of saying I disagree with dressing that skimpy. I may still feel sympathy, but I also may not.

Kwame Alexander said:

Should someone who gets mugged because he wore expensive-looking clothing receive no sympathy? I mean, by wearing a nice suit, you're pretty much asking for it, right?

Yes and no. If you think about it dressing sexy is advertising sex. Dressing expensive is advertising money. People that can't get those by other means may be driven to get them in other ways so by advertising that you've got it you're probably increasing the odds of being a victim.

I don't think I would dress expensively even if I had a lot of money. I would wear the best of what was comfortable, but nothing like watches, rings, or bling... ::)

wearetheborg said:

I say we might as well run around nekked. Clothing is just way too revealing these days!!! >:( >:( >:(

Women's clothing, yeah. You gotta get through a minimum of two layers on me. :D

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

That was mostly just an offensive, controversial, and ignorant statement

No, this comment is: "Note that if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy."

Quote:

I may still feel sympathy,

You've stated twice however that you don't.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

LennyLen said:

No, this comment is: "Note that if a women gets raped wearing something like that I have no sympathy."

In case it wasn't obvious, I was referring to that comment. ::)

LennyLen said:

You've stated twice however that you don't.

And it was mostly just an offensive, controversial, and ignorant way of saying I disagree with dressing skimpy. ::) To my knowledge nobody that I care about has been raped so I can't say how I would feel.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

In case it wasn't obvious, I was referring to that comment.

It wasn't, and I notice you've rewritten it.

At least you're willing to admit what you said was ignorant. There are still too many guys out there who really do think that a woman who knows she looks good and is willing to show it is just trying to say "come here and take me guys."

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

LennyLen said:

It wasn't, and I notice you've rewritten it.

You should know by now I often edit my posts numerous times before I'm satisfied. It's that compulsion thing. And sometimes it takes re-reading a post a number of times to notice dissatisfaction.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

You should know by now I often edit my posts numerous times before I'm satisfied. It's that compulsion thing. And sometimes it takes re-reading a post a number of times to notice dissatisfaction.

So sort out your shit before you hit the 'Add Reply' button.

BTW, I have a female friend who was raped once. She'd like to meet you.

Actually, that's not entirely correct. Her knee would like to meet you. Or more specifically, with your bullocks. At pace. Multiple times.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

Quote:

Oh lay off him you dicks, so what if he has no sympathy, that's his business, Jesus!

Quote:

BTW, I have a female friend who was raped once. She'd like to meet you.

What the fuck for? He wouldn't have any sympathy for the bitch -- hell why should any of us have sympathy for some girl we never met? "She got raped" -- that doesn't tell us anything. I know people who've been raped and I'm close to them, yeah I feel sympathy for 'em. If bamccaig's sister was raped and he didn't completely hate her (hey, what are sisters for, right?) he'd feel sympathy too -- what the fuck business is it of yours who he or anybody else has sympathy for? Sympathy is worthless anyway unless it makes you do something, and to my knowledge, bamccaig does not possess the ability to un-rape someone, though he might feel bad enough not to rape her a second time if he was so inclined in the first place.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

Yes and no. If you think about it dressing sexy is advertising sex. Dressing expensive is advertising money. People that can't get those by other means may be driven to get them in other ways so by advertising that you've got it you're probably increasing the odds of being a victim.

Muggings are almost always about money, but a lot a rapes aren't about sex. They're about power. So advertising sex isn't asking for rape. No man who has at least one good hand has to rape someone if he's horny and can't get any.

Kwame Alexander
Member #3,759
August 2003

Certainly a thread that will go down in infamy.

I think that everyone involved in this train wreck (myself included) knows just what everyone else involved feels about the subject (be it the skimpy clothing this thread was supposed to be about or attitudes about rape, which this became) May I suggest that we pull the plug and give this thread the two weeks or so it requires to die, to avoid any more bad feelings among the allegro.cc members.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

No, I'd like to restate that bamccaig is pond scum and indeed deserves a knee or twenty to the bollocks.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Kwame Alexander
Member #3,759
August 2003

Well, can't say I didn't try.

I find what he said to be reprehensible, but I'm letting it go, as there's not really anything further to say. It doesn't appear that anyone's opinion is being changed by this discussion, so it strikes me as a waste of disk space.

I'm going back to working on my game.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

We all know he didn't mean it the way we like to interpret it...

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I just wanted to say I posted in this horrible thread. And that X-G is right.

-R

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Quote:

No, I'd like to restate that bamccaig is pond scum and indeed deserves a knee or twenty to the bollocks.

Agreed. I'd happily be the one to do that, if I could get to him. Since I can't, let's look up someone in Echo Bay, Ontario, Canada to do it for us. I'm sure we'd find plenty of willing people.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

i understand what he is trying to say but it is a bad example. he is talking about the people that put them selfs into trouble and what the out come will be but they was to do it anyway. example awhile a go there where some people that where studying bears in the hill. later it was found out that one of the bears had killed them. see they knew what could happen but they did it away.

example #2 a that where no under-ware at a club. she knows full well what type of attention it will bring but she dose it away.

theses type of people that like (cant think of what to call it you all get my point)

girls where reviling out-fit to attract guys do you think she is trying to attract a shy guy or a agrasive guy.

i knew a girl in at pg college that was into that rape stuff and she was trying to get me to be apart of it.

wow

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

You knew a girl that was into rape? It's not really rape, then, is it?

Go to: