Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » [official mascot/logo] yes, I think there needs to be one

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[official mascot/logo] yes, I think there needs to be one
GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Quote:

Just because we can't agree doesn't mean we should give up.

I'm with Onewing. Why strive for accomplishing something when you can debate endlessly?

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I propose piccolo as the official allegro mascot!

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Who/What is piccolo?

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

I propose piccolo as the official allegro mascot!

Now I'm torn between Mark Oates's mascot and piccolo...

[edit]

How can someone not know who piccolo is!

-R

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Quote:

How can someone not know who piccolo is!

Ah, well, I only read the dev forum.. (maybe this thread should be moved to offtopic though.. :P)

--

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I'm all for goofing off, being sarcastic and making odd comments that only I laugh at, but let's please try to keep this thread from heading into the need-to-be-locked thread and stay on topic.

I really want to rally for Alex. I know, I know, I've said it several times and there are many reservations to consider, but seriously, the majority felt agreeable with him as the mascot/logo and with this community, a majority in anything is remarkable and rare. We should first try and look at any way possible of using Alex without having to change any kind of item within the license. If all routes are exhausted, then we should go with plan B. It seems illogical to me to be attempting this "let's choose something else route" when maybe there's still a path to having Alex.

Thus, we need to bring Johan here. It's his and if there's anything we can do to obtain the rights to Alex, he would let us know. If he wants a sum of money (even if it is really high), then that is an option. If he wants something else, then that could be an option. We've got some sexy women if it comes to that...

Anywho, I think Alex being the official mascot/logo could only be a good thing for FLD (Free Lunch Design). Ultimately, if we have the rights, Alex will still have ties with FLD and any publicity is good for him. Someone who sees the unfamiliar logo might try to look up allegro or the alligator, which will ultimately lead to allegro and FLD. Surely that's a good thing.

I vote for Alex! Join me brothers!

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

maybe this thread should be moved to offtopic though..

Unless it gets a bit more on topic (as with the last post), yes, I think it should be. Before my mail client starts marking all my A.CC e-mail as spam. ;)

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

but seriously, the majority felt agreeable with [Alex] as the mascot/logo

Show us the evidence.

I definitely agree that it's time to either move this on to a vote or drop it.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Quote:

I definitely agree that it's time to either move this on to a vote or drop it.

Yeah, seems the mascot initiative was struck by whatever it blamed the "allegro devs" with :P

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Closing the thread because 1) most people aren't serious, 2) it doesn't concern Allegro development, and 3) I would never hold any sort of public vote on a.cc for a mascot as its totally against my anti-democracy ideals. :P

As a tip, here's how Allegro related stuff works:

1. ask a general question to make sure your idea won't be shot down.

2. Do it!

Throwing 200 opinions into the mix is just a recipe for disaster.

So it would go like this:

• Ask the question: "Would anyone be opposed to a mascot."

• Developers give a clear outline of where it would and wouldn't be used.

• Create one. A final version. A complete working copy.

• Submit it to the developers.

• They accept or reject it.

See how easy that is?

If we held these sorts of committee discussions where everyone who has never given a real thought about Allegro before got to give input, we'd still be using Allegro 0.1.

Go to: