Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Shaking...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Shaking...
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

In any case, getting upset is a natural and uncontrollable response.

BBBzzzzzt. Wrong. It is natural, but its not uncontrollable. I have a down right nasty temper, and under most cases, I keep it well under check.

Quote:

It's not natural or healthy to get excited or nervous when you see somebody you know for the first time in months?

Not that nervous :o Specially if you really aren't connected in any significant way. Its obsession pure and simple (trust me, I know obsession, and yes, I do see a shrink, though not one that'll help with anything more than meds... Oh well).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Quote:

Why would I take the opinions of people that have never met me over my own beliefs?

What's the point in asking us then?

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Purely for the attention. His favorite pastime, as can be seen here on the forum, is to argue pointlessly.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

In his defence, he's only asked one question, even if it was a rather silly one. That being: why are women evil?

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

You are in denial.

Quote:

I assume you're implying then that I am mentally imbalanced.

I am saying that you are obsessive. I don't need to be a doctor to figure that one out, you've made it painfully clear.

Quote:

A qualified psychologist would never consider diagnosing a mental illness from a Web forum so what makes you superior?

I never said I was superior. But I did just say that I don't need any qualifications to understand the nature of your problem. Your obsession is so obvious that it comes out even in your posts.

Quote:

Yeah, if you haven't noticed shaking is a common reaction to many emotions. Excitement, fear, anger, sadness. Shaking isn't a serious symptom.

Shaking is not a normal reaction for the situation you had described in your original post.

Quote:

It's not natural or healthy to get excited or nervous when you see somebody you know for the first time in months?

No, not really... Unless it was someone you thought was dead for quite some time.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Crazy Photon said:

To relate to other people's stories, for one. Sometimes this forum is interested in helping and being useful. Other times they seem to find being cruel more fun. After one or two start the rest just follow suit. That's when the value of what people say is lost.

I enjoy analyzing the reactions of people and observing how they interact so this thread is both interesting and entertaining for me.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

All horses have four hooves.
All horses are animals.
Therefore, all animals have four hooves.

Or better:

The sun is cold. <-Faulty premise
The earths source of heat is the sun.
Therefore there is no global warming.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Arthur Kalliokoski said:

Therefore there is no global warming.

I recently heard on the radio that a similar global climate change happened in the 1800s or something and global warming was a fear and then it eventually returned to "normal".

Apparently some scientists are considering that the climate change is part of a natural cycle on Earth and some have suggested that CO2 levels in the atmosphere are actually not abnormal. I don't know if there's any truth to it, however, I had considered the possibility myself.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Oh sure. Climate change is normal, and theres a reccuring pattern. However, the weather system is delicate. Any slight change out of the ordinary (above and beyond the normal patterns), will cause the normal patterns to be amplified or magnified.

In that 1800's occurance, places got warmer, some got colder. If it were to happen again (which it could, and the sun spot cycle sure isn't helping), it'd just be worse.

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I've never found myself shaking uncontrollably.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I've never found myself shaking uncontrollably.

I have, but it was during an earthquake.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I think I've found myself shaking a bit when being tormented by some 8/9th graders in grade 7/8. Basically whenever someone managed to get through my "firewall" (for my temper)

Though it wasn't all that severe.

--

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

To relate to other people's stories, for one. Sometimes this forum is interested in helping and being useful. Other times they seem to find being cruel more fun. After one or two start the rest just follow suit. That's when the value of what people say is lost.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before this thread went into derailed, pointless arguing, with some advices among poking fun at you, there were people who tried to help you. You just didn't listen to them.

Quote:

I enjoy analyzing the reactions of people and observing how they interact so this thread is both interesting and entertaining for me.

Oh well, this really explains a lot ::) Where have Dustin laid his JS ignore addon?

{"name":"591225","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/9\/39af0f2cf084d52f612be853cbd40904.jpg","w":491,"h":715,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/9\/39af0f2cf084d52f612be853cbd40904"}591225

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Matthew, you really made my day ;D

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Matthew, you're the man!

I don't understand why you people are still trying to get some sense into bamccaig's skull. He's not depressed or anything, just emo. It looks worse because he immediately takes the opposite stance to whatever he's told, but I don't think that requires psychiatric help. Just wait till he grows up, I'm sure he'll be a functional citizen by the time he's 18 or 19! :D

-R

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Rapage: he reminds me one of our politicias, our ex-premier, he bahaves the same (changing stances).

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Isn't that what all politicians do? ???

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Ignore him and he'll go away and find some other saps to listen to him.

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

bamccaig said:

[quote Andrei Ellman]
I'll say this again...

It's not her, it's yoo-hoo!!!!!

You don't know either of us. Oh, and calm down, there's no reason to get upset. ::)
</quote>
Your letting your thoughts of one individual tear your life apart, and you're accusing me of being upset just because I'm pointing this out to to you?

While I've never met any of the people involved, it's obvious from what little you've told us that the people who do know you well (your 'circle of friends' as you call them) have been distancing themselves from you. Also, everyone who replied to this has more or less the same response, and some are themselves starting to distance themselves from you. Notice a connection (hint: It's not because we have a sheep-like mentality - we do actually think for ourselves - it's so obvious that your obsession has consumed you that we've all come to more or less the same conclusion).

I admit, I am making the assumption that some time in the past, each and every one of the members of your 'circle of friends' was friends with eachother. But even if that was not entirely the case, I still think you should make an attempt to rebuild the broken bridges between you and your friends.

Anyway, here's another assumption I'm making. Is the reason you posted this thread in the first place because you were hoping we would all gather round you in symapthy and re-inforce your belief that her and her friends were all wrong thand that you were right all along despite us not knowing any of you?

At least, try and look at the situation objectively.

Matthew Leverton said:

Better yet, http://aaardvark.wackonet.net/aaagony/

AE.

PS. Here's another cheerful choon you can listen to.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

If anything in life bothers you, it means your actions and beliefs don't follow the same path. Having bad feelings is a pointer for you to search within yourself for a way to fix whatever is wrong. Sometimes it can lead down to one of your most fundamental beliefs about reality, and then it'll take a lot of work to change.

The first step is to figure out what the real problem is. Remember that the only person you can change is yourself.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Ok, how do say your nickname?

Bam Keg?
B.A. McCaig?
Bah McCaig?

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

This thread seems to be going nowhere, so let's bring in an un-responded post from the thread that the OP linked to in his first post.

I in the other thread said:

GullRaDriel: Fais pas ecouter a ceux qui dit que ton Anglaise est merde. Je aime ton linguisteek style.

GullRaDriel said:

Thanks for trying french, it is not too far from right.

I have corrected it JFTF (but I kept linguisteek as it was funny to read ;-p): Faut pas écouter ceux qui te disent que ton Anglais est de merde. J'aime ton linguisteek style.

What I actually tried to say was "Do not listen to those that say that your English is shit. I like your linguistic style.". I deliberately tried to use English grammar wherever possible to try and get you to experience what the rest of us experience when we try and read your English. A more accurate translation according to myself would be "N'ecoutez pas a ceux qui dixent que ton Anglaise est merde. J'aime ton style linguistique", and an even more accurate translation according to Balelfish is "N'écoutez pas ceux qui indiquent que votre anglais est merde. J'aime votre modèle linguistique". As for "Faut pas écouter ceux qui te disent que ton Anglais est de merde. J'aime ton linguisteek style.", my attempt to translate it back into English yields "It is not necessary to listen to those who say to you that tour English is made of shit. I like your linguistic style".

When I read your posts, my brain automatically switches into "French grammar mode" which causes me not to notice anything unusual about your English. I just wonder how people who don't know French grammar cope with your posts. Regardless of what others may say, I think your style if English is cute. Keep it up.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

It's not her, it's yoo-hoo!!!!!

"Yoo-hoo!"
"Who'se there?"
"It's You."
"You Who?"
"Who'se there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Go to: