A true Master of MS Paint
manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

true said homeboy

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Shakespeare, in his day, was more like television in this day. But he was kind of like intelligent television, like an olde Englishe West Wing. So you gotta admire that he was able to interject some thought into entertainment aimed at the common denominator.

hmmm.... Ye Olde Weste Winge... I wonder if NBC would run it?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Shakespeare, in his day, was more like television in this day. But he was kind of like intelligent television, like an olde Englishe West Wing.

Except that just about everyone in this day knows what televisin is, and only a few pwople in his time knew who he was.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I said, but okay. All I was saying is that he was a writer for the common people, like television is today.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

SSC shooting at his niece.

When did this happen? :o

-R

ngiacomelli
Member #5,114
October 2004

It's perfectly acceptable for him to state he prefers a particular artistic medium.

Quote:

I just don't follow the crowd. There seem to be a lot of cynical people on Allegro.cc that don't like that about me.

I think for myself and apparently on Allegro.cc that's frowned upon. ::)

That last dig at pretty much everyone here, on the other hand, isn't acceptable. I did get a laugh out of how much of a free spirit he considers himself. With his Final Fantasy avatar and signature... yes, he's really innovating the Internet.

As far as the YouTube video is concerned, there's another video stating that it's a clever fake. If it's genuine, then it's incredible.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

That last dig at pretty much everyone here, on the other hand, isn't acceptable. I did get a laugh out of how much of a free spirit he considers himself. With his Final Fantasy avatar and signature... yes, he's really innovating the Internet.

Okay, I'll definitely agree with that.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Nial Giacomelli said:

That last dig at pretty much everyone here, on the other hand, isn't acceptable.

It wasn't aimed at everybody here. It was aimed at those that have been cynical the past few weeks while I have been active on Allegro.cc. And when they start beef with me there is rarely anybody else that chimes in to oppose them so it's me against Allegro. It doesn't look like I asked for a fight in those threads so I don't know what the beef is about.

Nial Giacomelli said:

I did get a laugh out of how much of a free spirit he considers himself. With his Final Fantasy avatar and signature... yes, he's really innovating the Internet.

I said I think for myself. That has nothing to do with innovating the Internet. And my avatar and signature have nothing to do with it either. I have them because I like Final Fantasy VII. When looking for something to post that expresses me in one way or another I felt those were the best to use.

Just because somebody is a free thinker doesn't mean they do everything their own way. It just means they don't follow the crowd just to be part of the crowd. Rather, they make their own decisions.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

It wasn't aimed at everybody here. It was aimed at those that have been cynical the past few weeks while I have been active on Allegro.cc. And when they start beef with me there is rarely anybody else that chimes in to oppose them so it's me against Allegro. It doesn't look like I asked for a fight in those threads so I don't know what the beef is about.

Yeah, intelligent people tend to be assholes. Just ignore them.

Edit: That's not exactly what I wanted to say, but it's kinda close. If only I were a poet. Anyways, yeah some people on a.cc are not so nice, others are. You take the good with the bad. Don't let it put you off from the site as a whole.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

It just means they don't follow the crowd just to be part of the crowd.

So you are not part of the crowd that adores Final Fantasy?

-R

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Kibiz0r said:

Yeah, intelligent people tend to be assholes.

:P Then how do you explain him:

Rampage said:

Quote:

It just means they don't follow the crowd just to be part of the crowd.

So you are not part of the crowd that adores Final Fantasy?

Yes, I'm a fan of Final Fantasy. But I'm not a fan just to be one of the fans; I'm a fan because I love Final Fantasy. I like it based on my experiences with it.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Yes, I'm a fan of Final Fantasy. But I'm not a fan just to be one of the fans; I'm a fan because I love Final Fantasy. I like it based on my experiences with it.

Then there are two kinds of FF fans: those who like it and those who don't like it, but are fans anyway because they like to be part of the crowd, is that right?

-R

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Rampage said:

Then there are two kinds of FF fans: those who like it and those who don't like it, but are fans anyway because they like to be part of the crowd, is that right?

That's true for everything. Try observing society. Pop music is popular for a reason and it's usually not because of quality. ;)

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Hahaha... popular music is a great example...

My first exposure to pop music in the wild.

"Huh? This music sucks, why are they playi --"
girl walks by
"oh, I get it now"

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

That's true for everything. Try observing society. Pop music is popular for a reason and it's usually not because of quality. ;)

But you end up with the same crowd, regardless of the reason: there are a lot of FF fans, and they all like the same things and know the same things. I'm sure many other FF fans will use FF avatars and FF signatures. So, what's the difference between two FF fans? Where's the thinking-for-myself thing?

-R

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Rampage said:

But you end up with the same crowd, regardless of the reason: there are a lot of FF fans, and they all like the same things and know the same things. I'm sure many other FF fans will use FF avatars and FF signatures. So, what's the difference between two FF fans? Where's the thinking-for-myself thing?

Having one thing in common doesn't make you a clone. Other FF fans will have other skills and knowledge that I don't have; and I have skills and knowledge that they don't have.

It again comes down to the gray area: this, like most other things, is not black and white. You don't just have FF fans and not FF fans. You have FF fans of varying degree; some are fan enough to use FF media to represent them and some just enjoy it. Others go to conventions and role play on the lawn...

What do you think the odds are of somebody using that exact avatar and/or signature? It's not impossible, but it's also not probable; especially on A.cc.

Liking something doesn't have to define who you are. I like a lot of things that wouldn't be stereotypical of FF fans.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Liking something doesn't have to define who you are.

But

you said:

And my avatar and signature have nothing to do with it either. I have them because I like Final Fantasy VII. When looking for something to post that expresses me in one way or another I felt those were the best to use.

I'm confused, does FF define you or not?

[edit]

Quote:

You don't just have FF fans and not FF fans.

Yes, you do. And you can have hardcore FF fans and softcore FF fans, but they're FF fans nonetheless.

-R

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Rampage said:

I'm confused, does FF define you or not?

blnRampageHasPoint = ("express" == "define");

Rampage said:

Yes, you do. And you can have hardcore FF fans and softcore FF fans, but they're FF fans nonetheless.

Allow me to reword: one FF fan does not necessarily equal another FF fan.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Guys guys guys, He likes Final Fantasy. Big deal. Millions of people do. I like Final Fantasy, I'm sure other people here do too. I don't invest as much time in FF as Bamccaig seems to, but I enjoyed the games when I played them.

I wouldn't consider him a fan boy simply because he does not obsess over it. I rarely hear him talking about Final Fantasy when the conversation strays to video games. (Usually he talks about Driver or Grand Theft Auto). Or more recently, counter-strike.

He has his own opinions on things. We all do.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

You said it a lot better than I did, but you didn't use Shakespeare. So, you lose. :-X

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

He has his own opinions on things. We all do.

But his suck!

Hmm, constructive input to a thread. I'm good at this 8-)

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Bah. If you're going to fail at giving input, you ought to fail spectacularly.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

You sacrified thing can not speak.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Ops, can anyone tell me what was happening except arguing about fanoboymanship? I skipped last few posts. Oh besides how this exactly went off? I mean we were talking paint skills and then all of a sudden...

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Bamccaig went and said that (to him) the CGI in Final Fantasy VII Advent children was more beautiful than any painting made in the last few thousand years or so.

Dustin and Arthur had a nice (brief) convo about whether the Mona Lisa paint thing was legit, and then Gnolam accused Bamccaig of being a fan boy. Bamccaig tried to defend himself by confusing everyone as to what he really means. I came in and saved everyone from total annihilation.

And thats what you missed OICW ;D

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Go to: