Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A true Master of MS Paint

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
A true Master of MS Paint
Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

I think for myself and apparently on Allegro.cc that's frowned upon. ::)

Yeah, brand loyalty is a clear sign of free, independent thought.

-R

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

When I hear a fanboy insult it sounds like the person saying it is merely offended that you disagree with them in one way or another and have no real ground to stand on to actually debate the issue with you. Hense, the childish remark.

To me, fanboy is, and always will be, a kindergarten insult. It's more degrading for the shooter than it is for the target.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Bleh, I was busy trying to keep up with the VRay tutorial (still in class!) and I missed the excitement. I should've specified that I was talking about gnolam.

I just think it's valid that he's passionate about something. Lots of people are passionate about completely pointless things, at least he finds some creative value in his.

Edit: Granted, the fanboy mentality is fundamentally flawed. I'd say the only thing I am incapable of judging objectively is XKCD, but that's because, after 245 comics, I have never been let down.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy said:

Fanboy or Fanboi is a term used to describe an individual (usually male, though the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors that differ from their point of view. Fanboys are also stereotypically aggressive and hateful towards the opposing brand or competition of their obsession regardless of its merits or achievements.

Ironic.

[edit]

I think that most allegators are fanboys of something, it comes with the whole programming thing.

-R

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

bamccaig said:

I'm not cynical. I just don't follow the crowd. There seem to be a lot of cynical people on Allegro.cc that don't like that about me.

snerk

Kibiz0r said:

You seem to like being cynical a lot. Perhaps we should call you a cynicboy? :D

That depends. Will I have to wear my underpants on the outside?

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

I think that most allegators are fanboys of something, it comes with the whole programming thing.

Eh, I don't know. Fanboyism, to me, reads as complacency, and I've never been comfortable with being complacent, if that makes any sense.

If I'd had the time, I would've already learned a bevy of algorithms, techniques, and programming/scripting languages this year, but they're being saved for the summer, when I have time.

Edit: We've totally derailed the topic.

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

Will I have to wear my underpants on the outside?

Nope, that's Cynicman.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Way to kill a thread ::)

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Derailing threads is a heritage art form in the allegro.cc forums.

-R

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Please somebody close this thread.:-/

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Mspaint rocks! All your photoshop are belong to us!

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Here's my best MS Paint work (minus the little dialogue box at the bottom and the water):

{"name":"scourge.JPG","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/44403b643346a8c6e40218e4ff93387a.jpg","w":606,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/44403b643346a8c6e40218e4ff93387a"}scourge.JPG

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Onewing said:

Here's my best MS Paint work (minus the little dialogue box at the bottom and the water)...

Nice job.

Are there any graphic competitions on Allegro.cc? I'm no artist, but I would love to see the contributions.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

That depends. Will I have to wear my underpants on the outside?

Join the Pantsman revolution and wear them on your head.

le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

that's pretty cool onewing

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

@original topic:
Nice. Too bad it's so low res that it's impossible to see any details. Also, it's too fast to notice how some of the refining steps are accomplished.

@fanboy topic:
Every fool is different.
Besides, questioning any sense or point in human existence, in fact, questioning "existence outside your own mind" as a whole, it appears as if it is only of minor importance how people waste their time.
For some it's art, for others it's religion, science, politics, video games, programming, music, girls, sports, history... this list does not claim to be complete.;D

(btw, The listed items of interest above are each on their own well suited as topics to build flamewars around.)

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

LennyLen, I like your painting. In my folder with most promising unstarted projects I have an RPG engine, which will include a simple 1 bit b/w graphic editor, a chip music editor and an editor for the story itself. Looking at your art, I might extend the graphics to 4 bit or even 8 bit. Yet, looking at these I mightn't:
{"name":"manhole1.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/a\/8af98412eb5a1f9b6c9e9b543d6aa523.gif","w":513,"h":343,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/a\/8af98412eb5a1f9b6c9e9b543d6aa523"}manhole1.gif
{"name":"manhole3.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/4\/64f0c919a809c4b25e203d735f0356b5.gif","w":513,"h":343,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/4\/64f0c919a809c4b25e203d735f0356b5"}manhole3.gif
{"name":"manhole4.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/7\/57d10212f7d8b22e72ccd57f23ec596f.gif","w":513,"h":343,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/7\/57d10212f7d8b22e72ccd57f23ec596f"}manhole4.gif

I shall return with pictures from "Adventures of Sean", if I only can get my old Macintosh Performa 475 running. Named game is the very source of inspiration for this project. Maximising the gameplay/eye-candy ratio. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

bamccaig said:

For me, high quality computer generated images such as those used in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children are far more beautiful than any painting I've seen.

bamccaig said:

I'm not cynical. I just don't follow the crowd. There seem to be a lot of cynical people on Allegro.cc that don't like that about me.

these are the most entertaining posts I've read since the one about SSC shooting at his niece.

lolololol @ the bamccaig kid.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Bamccaig has been Manjulated

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

LennyLen, I like your painting.

Wow! That's a first. ;)

Your images on the other hand, ARE good. They remind me of some of the games we used to play while we were in computer science class in high school on the Mac Classics we had back then.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Hey guys, I really like Shakespeare's work. It's great. But apparently I can't bring up his work in any discussion about poetry, because then I'll get called a fanboy!

Seriously. He likes digital animation as a medium. What is wrong with that?

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

You and your analogies. It's very cute.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Just saying, if it was a more well-established medium, you would take him more seriously. :-\

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

Shakespeare is overrated anyway.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Shakespeare is overrated anyway.

He has a cool name though.

Go to: