Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A true Master of MS Paint

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
A true Master of MS Paint
Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

That's nothing! In half the time, I did a much better job:

{"name":"591861","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/a\/ba89f9d716a09318e83dfa8398c9a4a4.png","w":470,"h":341,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/a\/ba89f9d716a09318e83dfa8398c9a4a4"}591861

Marco Radaelli
Member #3,028
December 2002

:o

Sporus
Member #3,815
August 2003

Neat. The guy's other videos are worth a watch too; the Brolsma painted with chocolate and the Spurlock done with fries and ketchup were pretty sweet. :)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

This guy rocks ! We were killed ... me, and my poor paint skills .

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

That reminds me of an old screensaver my grandmother had on her computer, and it would paint stuff like that. I used to sit and watch it when I was bored. :P

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

My sister, when I showed her this:

galadriel101 •Apr 6, 3:53am Helpful? yes / no
Horrible drag queen foreground with a minimaly developed background. Mona Lisa threw-up in her mouth a bit.

Art History majors...

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I saw another video where some guy draws Porsche GT3, it look cool too. Enjoy.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Wow, that guy is good. I have a friend who does all his stuff in MS Paint. Most of it does not look too bad. I haven't seen anything of this quality produced using paint though.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I saw it two weeks ago. I thought it was old, so I didn't make a post about it.

-R

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Don't you know the rule, Rampage?
Nothing is old until it is posted here, at which time it has existed for what may as well be years and has, quite obviously, been seen by every sentient being ever to walk the planet, including the dead and electronically impaired.

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

All the "Draw [thing] in MS Paint" stuff is old, but it's always entertaining for some reason.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Having very limited drawing ability I'm very impressed by it. Then again, as I watched the majority of the Porche video (skipped through most of the Mona Lisa) at the end I thought...

"However long this took (obviously a ton more than 7 minutes) at the end all you have is a static picture of a Porche... A digital camera can do it in seconds."

At least if he took the time to model and texture 3D objects he could have programmers bring them to life afterward.

For me, high quality computer generated images such as those used in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children are far more beautiful than any painting I've seen.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

I saw it two weeks ago. I thought it was old, so I didn't make a post about it.

Ditto

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if he took a scanned photo of Mona Lisa and made a proglet to "unpaint" it (with some hand editing) and play the frames in reverse.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Arthur said:

I wouldn't be surprised if ...

I would be.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

bamccaig said:

For me, high quality computer generated images such as those used in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children are far more beautiful than any painting I've seen.

Or maybe you're just a final fantasy fanboy. I base this guess on the 11-line sig you have going there.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Anybody else have zero respect for anyone that uses the term fanboy ever? ???

It's not just Final Fantasy, however, Square Enix does seem to do it better than the rest. I even prefer PlayStation graphics, like Metal Gear Solid, to anything painted.

I do appreciate airbrushing cars and tattooing though. :D Those can be done well enough to meet my approval.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Anybody else have zero respect for anyone that uses the term fanboy ever? ???

Only fanboys do.

-R

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

There is a lot of merit to digital animation, I say as I sit in my Modelling and Animation class. You can do things in it that are impossible in any other medium, and the wide variety of styles exceeds traditional art forms, I think.

@gnolam:
As for bamccaig being a fanboy... I see it, too. But, whatever, if he likes FF a lot, that's fine. You seem to like being cynical a lot. Perhaps we should call you a cynicboy? :D

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

What are you, the defender of fanboys? "Oh, someone is picking on us fanboys, what will we do?" "Call Kibiz0r, he'll save us!"

-R

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

Anybody else have zero respect for anyone that uses the term fanboy ever?

I have zero respect for people who call me American. That's okay though, because I have a zero tolerance policy, so it's tolerable.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Kibiz0r said:

You seem to like being cynical a lot. Perhaps we should call you a cynicboy?

I'm not cynical. I just don't follow the crowd. There seem to be a lot of cynical people on Allegro.cc that don't like that about me.

I think for myself and apparently on Allegro.cc that's frowned upon. ::)

Rampage said:

What are you, the defender of fanboys? "Oh, someone is picking on us fanboys, what will we do?" "Call Kibiz0r, he'll save us!"

And then you have the followers.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Rampage said:

... "Call Kibiz0r, he'll save us!"

He is striving for redemption from the Allegro Gods. Treat him well, for one day he may become your savior.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

Or maybe you're just a final fantasy fanboy. I base this guess on the 11-line sig you have going there.

@bamccaig: Let me try to rephrase my point above. What's so bad about being a fanboy? I'm a ff fanboy, as pointed out by a.ccers when I first got here. Yeah, I'm biased towards ff for the most part, maybe they even think less of me because of it, so what? Besides, as I quoted gnolam above, he does have a very good reason to consider you a fanboy. ;)

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Go to: