Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » FORCE MAJEURE - new shoot'em up

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
FORCE MAJEURE - new shoot'em up
OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

You mean "resting" or that 2xSaI? I hope the file is updated now - downloading it again...

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

About the resting-part ... and no, not updated yet. I have a bunch of small stuff to fix before we'll release an .3 version.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Um, well ok. At last I was able to beat that game, though the boss was really hard. I still must say that it's a bit frustrating to die after one hit (that's why Tubular Worlds were so hard), but after recognizing that the hitbox is small I learned to strafe a bit more.

And gee it's cool, I mean all those elements you implemented seem to bring fresh water upon arcade shooters. You need to strafe not only shoot and act as a printer. Really great. Still I'm dying too often :'(

Oh by the way, you made me remeber Jets n Guns ;)

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

Yeeaeah Jets'n'Guns is great :). Haven't played it for a long time though ... I heard something about a GOLD-version a while ago at a shmup forum though ...

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

I like the visual style in this more than Jets n Guns.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Well me too, but playing Jets n Guns was also fun. Can't wait for the full version.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Very nice, but way too hard for me.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

So anyway, what's everyone's highscore? Mine's 184,275 at the moment. :(

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Ouch, how did you do that? ???

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Um, mine was about 12,000.

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

Quote:

oh.. and music being annoying?? Come on! It's freaking great :). But if you don't like it, simply turn it off in the settings menu.

The music wasn't bad, it just seemed to repeat itself to much. Like it only had 2 patterns in it or something. Did you write it yourself? Maybe you can find some neat stuff on modarchive.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Oh, shut up, the music was wicked awesome. And original.

As for my score, it was simple: I tried not to die so much. The longer you stay alive, the higher your score multiplier.

--

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

But to die and still have some credits is shameful (to paraphrase 23's sig ;) ), because you'll lose the score you've accumulated.

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

Here's my personal highscore ... A guy at a pixel-forum have beaten it by a few points though ...

http://www.daikenkai.com/fsfreak/forcemajeure_hiscore_2.png

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

By the way, is it just me, or does Choke suck? It's just too slow and there aren't really any compensating factors, are there?

--

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

She's a bit too slow at the moment, however she does quite a lot more damage at shot level 4. However both ships have been speeded up in the .3-version ... which will be uploaded any day now.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Hey, any chance of analog stick support? My gamepad is a Dualshock, and I use the analog stick for control... I like it better than the D-pad. But FM treats it like a D-pad (and no surprise), and I was just wondering if that was possible?

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Style remind me of UN Squadron meets Metal Slug from the screenshots. :)

The analog stick support is certainly possible in Allegro, if fsDoom has time to add it.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I found possible bug. When I die and am questioned about continuing and hit esc, the game crashes.

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

I suppose I could add it ... but I'm not sure that I want to. The game should not be made easier* for some people just cause they happen to have an analogue stick at home. I'll post it on our development forum and ask the other guys and see how they see this matter. Thanks for the idea though.

• and by easier I mean .. hmm no easier is a bad word, but it will make the controlling of the ship totally different. It will not be the same "game experience".

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I found possible bug. When I die and am questioned about continuing and hit esc, the game crashes.

I can't replicate this error.

Meh. It looks like my 12,080 score was a fluke. I'm back to about 4,000 again.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I have something around 40k.

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

OICW: I've managed to recreate it, and fix it. It was very obvious once I was able to see the code :)

Thanks a lot! I think 0.3 demo is closer than we think.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

35325 using Choke. The damage factor is a big plus, actually.
The game is very nice, I just wish you could choose which stick to use for movement. ;)

fsDoom
Member #7,690
August 2006

what do you mean by "which stick" ?

1   2   3   4 

Go to: