Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » The anti-christmascard

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The anti-christmascard
gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

I never said the correlation coefficient was 1, did I?

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Winter-een-mas, for getting together with the family you choose.

I don't like having to buy gifts on demand. It kills my lust to give anything at other times. All I want is good food and play some board games with close relatives, but I get that from time to time when birthdays are celebrated anyway so if christmas was no longer celebrated that wouldn't really put a dent in what I care about.

Oh, almost forgot Julmust! Gotta have julmust, that's definitely the most important thing about christmas.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'm Christian too, so that drops your coefficient more. :P

Anyway, did anyone see this?

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

Anyway, did anyone see this? [foxnews.com]

63 year old great grandmother, 27 year old mother with a 12 year old son. That explains a lot...

--
sig used to be here

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Send a Yule card instead.

Celebrating the return of the light was NOT invented by christianity ;)
Instead they made the god of light: Lucifer (wich means light bearer) their devil.
Originally Lucifer was a celtic god associated with the moring star Venus (Venus rises just before the sun, thus announces the coming of light)

On top of that a lot of the christmas story comes from the god Mithras

So it's not just the cristmas tree that has a pagan origin ;D

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

Strange. I'm seeing a correlation between religion and IE use on this site.

Ahem.

-->http://xkcd.com/c111.html

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

You know there is some difference between Wicca and Witchcraft, tough a lot of wiccans will tell you there is no difference ;)

But Indeed I only use firefox ;D

Explanation :
-- Witches have learned to think for themselves and not blindly follow a "leader" -- think about it, you might learn something ;)

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Quote:

Oh, almost forgot Julmust! Gotta have julmust, that's definitely the most important thing about christmas.

Christmas ham and julmust is why Christmas was invented!

Ariesnl said:

Explanation :
Witches have learned to think for themselves and not blindly follow a "leader" -- think about it, you might learn something ;)

Blindly following a bunch of recently made-up "ancient" beliefs is better?

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

I see you are refering to Gerald Gardner who "made" Wicca in the 1950's..
As I told you Witchcraft is NOT the same as Wicca ;)

Is it so hard for you to read what others post ?

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Is it so hard for you to write legibly?

My previous post stands. It doesn't matter if you practice "witchcraft" or "wicca" - you're just as foolish.

--

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Like most people here, I know you're trying to offend as many people as you can.
But I'm not willing to make it too easy for you, you might get bored and become even worse ;);D

so tell me.. What is foolish about witchcraft? and why

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Let's start with the part where you believe fairytale nonsense that's idiotic and just not plain grounded in reality, add the pretentious emo-ness to it, and we have a good basis.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Quote:

Let's start with the part where you believe fairytale nonsense that's idiotic and just not plain grounded in reality, add the pretentious emo-ness to it, and we have a good basis.

Ok let's start with that part.

Short (and maybe rude) answer:
That part doesn't exist.

Longer Answer:
- Define "Fairytale nonsense" ?

- What make's you think I'm EMO ?? I celebrate life, like all "real" witches do
And I have no reason to complain.

- I don't believe in fairytales,
If there is one religion that's GROUNDED it's witchcraft ;D

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

You mean, in the ground? Buried? Smells like old fish?~
BTW, one of my friends used to be a "witch," and he was really depressed and suicidal. He stopped that, and that, among a few other things, helped him be normal again. :)

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Buried? I think you're thinking of Voodoo, a completely different matter.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

No, I was being sarcastic. ::)
Really, I don't see the benefits. It's an almost-deluded form of Satan worship.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Aren't all these end of the year celebrations really celebrating the fact that the sun is making its comeback? Christmas misses the solstice by 4 days, New Years is even worse... They "moved" Xmas way back when to merge with the Mithra solstice thing.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Hmmm... I guess. The idea was the birth of Christ, then it got fused with a winter festival, so yeah I guess.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

@Kikaru

Wrong again, but according to my religion everyone is here to learn

Witches don't worship any "devil"
The devil is a christian "invention" created to force people to do as they say and believe what they say.
Deities of other religions where "incorporated" into their devil, so they would have an excuse to concour and murder. The trident of poseidon for example.

Don't take my word for it, read some history. About the conquistadores for example

P.S. to a real witch suicide is nonsense, you'll probably start over with the same life.

@Arthur Kalliokoski

That's true Jesus was born in spring (that's a fact !)
The christians moved his birthday to take over yule (wich is the celebration of the return of the creating force of nature) in french it's still called "Joel"

so what Do witches "worship"
Nature itself. As far as I know it's the only religion that has a god and Godess that anyone can see and touch ;)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

If I needed to worship some godness I don't need any religion. Besides I trust in myself.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

;D

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

We all know I'm Jesus, and I was born in July.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

That's true Jesus was born in spring (that's a fact !)

Fact? Are there any other documents besides the Gospels? And the Apocryphic Gospels? Some may study them and figure out that the shepherds wouldn't have been there doing what they did if it had been in December. Some say therefore the whole event took place in autumn. But I find the Gospel (Mark's Gospel, I think) rather fictional on this point. It is more of a legend with literary value. The author's idea may not have been to point out the right time of the year for us. I bet he wanted to tell other things.

Some have studied ancient astronomical calendars to trace events like the Christmas star (constellations, comets, supernovas...) and placed the event to year 3 BC (there are lots of other possible dates, too). Again, that's kind of interesting but a bit off the main subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

a bit off the main subject

So far off the main subject that it's laughable, in fact.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

What was the main subject again? I recall something about muffins ...

Quote:

Some say therefore the whole event took place in autumn.

Yeah, that's the generally accepted theory. So it's a "fact" Jesus was born in the spring, eh? Facinating. ;)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Go to: