Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Who Do You Miss Most?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Who Do You Miss Most?
Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

It was pretty funny :) Maybe if it had an associated video with it I'd buy the DVD, otherwise can I just get it on CD?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Quote:

ML you aren't being very consistant. I don't think I'll buy the DVD. I mean first I sound like a hippie, and then it morphs into a hick voice.

After 11 minutes, I can't even remember what I sound like, let alone you. Except Steve, because his "smiley for punctuation" substitution is guaranteed to be there if his "I'm not done with my paragraph yet" fails.

Quote:

Maybe if it had an associated video with it I'd buy the DVD, otherwise can I just get it on CD?

It doesn't all fit on a CD. :o

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

CD set then?

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Kanzure said:

No, it's situation and how the person reacts to it. Personality is the general "instant reaction" a person has to just about everything. What makes a person? Experience and purposefully-applied knowledge/skill.

Personality controls how a person reacts in each situation. If a person's personality is caring, friendly, etc then in a stressful situation they will usually stay calm and friendly. Whereas a short-tempered hateful person will be the one to cast the first stone. Experience has no control in anything cause I know people with practically no experience in life will handle situations the same as that of a person who is majorly experienced in a certain situation.

Kanzure said:

I would be happy marrying some woman with a horrible personality, as long as we both had a deep understanding and connection. We all have problems, some of us fewer than others, personalities should be left at the door when communicating through text until grounds are established for communication. I.e. a good introduction and general meet-me time where a person can learn what's not acceptable orwho likes what. Et cetera.

Sounds like you are talking more about pride then personalities. If I was happy go lucky and liked making silly little wise cracks as my personality and left that out until the grounds were established then you wouldn't know how to take it when I started being me with my wise cracks (text or verbal). People with the same personalities, likes, and dislikes end up being friends and the same goes with marriage and these forums. If your personality inclines you to post seriously and another person's personality inclines them to be silly then they may very well end up clashing with each other.

This all just goes to show that names don't change the person. Under Harbinger I still stressed my opinion the same as I do now under Death Gauge.

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

It would be cool if I had a really squeaky voice. Especially with my avatar.

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I made a somewhat correct recording of
aoni pronounciation some time ago.

I don't feel like recording more of my voice right now...

[EDIT]
And to respect the original topic of this thread...
I think there is someone I miss, but I can't quite remember who.

Avenger
Member #4,550
April 2004

I wonder what I am to all of you???

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

Phipps:

Quote:

Interestingly your voice goes up and down in pitch through that recording. Does swedish naturally sound more melodic, than flat? Or is this just how you sound.

Yes, Swedish naturally sounds very melodic, but of course we don't even notice it ourselves. X-G is speaking (a tad) of what is known (and feared wherever Ericsson has offices) as "Ericsson English" :)

Sidenote: In italy (for example) many know swedish as "the language of the angels", because to them it sounds like we sing all the time - I actually met an Italian woman who had studied swedish just because she thought it was so beautiful; and to think we usually disparage our own language :)

--
Specialization is for insects

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

That's interesting, as I'm sure many English speakers think Italian itself is very, shall we say... dramatic :)

Rob Fletcher
Member #2,830
October 2002

Quote:

That's interesting, as I'm sure many English speakers think Italian itself is very, shall we say... dramatic

I forget who originally said this, I got it from a Vonnegut book, but I think he was quoting somebody.

But anyway, it was said that if aliens came along and observed Italian speakers for an amount of time, they would come to the conclusion that it was a language of hand gestures with vocals for emphasis.

Rob

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Death Guage, people can control their personality. Don't forget about acting. :)

Quote:

Under Harbinger I still stressed my opinion the same as I do now under Death Gauge.

Yeah, didn't we punch and kick and scream when you revealed your former name? I think it's died down now.. nobody cares ;) You have no avatar. ;D

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Geez, incredible how an off-topic thread can go SO off-topic :)

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Attached is a friend, my brother and his girlfriend discussing the optimum state of a male human.

You don't deserve my sig.

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

foreign to you. i found it exremely funny. ;)

You don't deserve my sig.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

SSC said:

What about me >:(

? Right here.

Matthew, that was entertaining. :)

Everyone who's posted their real voice deserves to be imagined accordingly. I've reformed my vocal images of all you guys, in order to do justice to your posting. Of course, I don't speak at all like I type (with concern to word choice), and I'd imagine most others are the same. So, maybe I'm better off with whatever voice you assign me... except Matthew. It's bad enough being a nerd; I don't want to sound like one... Ah, whatever.

Kanzure, your voice is vanilla--gentle and versatile, with mid-low pitch and occasional soft sibilence. It hasn't the slightest trace of grunginess.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

It doesn't all fit on a CD. :o

Ever heard of compression? :P ;) They make MP3 CD players.

Though, you should offer a variety of formats to create the largest potential market you can.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Oh, that reminds me. While we're off-topic, pronunciation:

Derezo = Də-REE-zo? <-- ("ə" is a schwa)
Ultio = UL (as in "bull")-tee-oh?

Richard's voice is nice.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I pronounce it der-ez-oh. Which sounds like a character from sesame street. ;)

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

I pronouce it "erezo to the Dizzle." :P
And Ultio is "ltio to the U-izzle."

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Kanzure said:

Yeah, didn't we punch and kick and scream when you revealed your former name? I think it's died down now.. nobody cares You have no avatar.

Actually, everyone that realized it was they all said they liked Death Gauge better than my other ones. I've not drawn my avatar yet.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

There are two e's in D'rezo?

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Actually, everyone that realized it was they all said they liked Death Gauge better than my other ones.

Two persons noticed, and only one said that.

-R

Go to: