Who Do You Miss Most?
Specter Phoenix

I think I'd have to say I miss gfoot who hasn't been on here for over a year now. It was sad to see him leave game programming and allegro to persue personal ambitions. Who do you miss the most out of everyone?

Steve Terry

I don't know some people just sparatically post any more, so I don't miss them I just wish they would stay around more :) Like Plucky, Spellcaster, etc. Actually Spellcaster hasn't posted in ages... I miss Spelly :'(

Evert
Quote:

Actually Spellcaster hasn't posted in ages... I miss Spelly :'(

Whadda you mean? I'm sure he posted at least a week ago... the most notorious MIA at the moment is probably 23.

There's quite a few people who come and go, but that's the nature of on line message boards. I don't see myself posting here for all eternity either.

Gideon Weems

I don't feel like I've been here long enough to miss anyone that bad. I'm sure spelly posted within the past week. 23 posted today, and Plucky posted three days ago. So there.

Steve Terry

Well haven't I been proven wrong :P People also change their nicks so that gets confusing since you become used to their origional then when they change you mentally get to thinking they are a totally different person.

Rampage

It's more confusing when they change their avatar.

Gideon Weems

Heh. Well, my point wasn't to prove you wrong; it's just that we should be glad that they haven't just walked off the face of the Allegro earth. I've seen these things happen. It kind of sucks.

I know what you mean about people changing their name. I also notice when people change their avatars, I might start "hearing" them in a different voice.

Steve Terry

Maybe Matthew can add a special alias tab on everyones profile page which lists all past aliases and avatars ;D

SonShadowCat

I miss 23 :'(

Gideon Weems
Steve said:

Maybe Matthew can add a special alias tab on everyones profile page which lists all past aliases and avatars

Heh. That would be a first for an internet forum, I think.

How do you guys hear other peoples' posts? I'd like to know if we're the same. spelly and Evert sound similar--both deep, authoritative voices with spelly being slightly more thunderous. Bob's is along the same lines but with more emotion, I suppose. Matthew sounds (predictably) like a male, anime, pro voice actor. Steve, you sound like Derezo. Zimmpa speaks loudly and slightly monotonic, and it's kind of funny. KittyCat and Bruce Perry sound similar: a kind of energetic voice (at times being high in pitch), but Perry's voice changes when he posts out of the off-topic forum.

Woowhee. I hope nobody's offended or anything; they're just my mostly unfounded perceptions. If anything, it says more about me than anyone else.

Oh, and Diana sounds exactly like this girl I used to know.

Steve Terry

Gideon... you are scaring me ;D I think everyone here sounds exactly like the voice in my head... which sounds a bit like me in real life :P

SonShadowCat

I wonder what you think I sound like.

X-G

Quote:

Matthew sounds (predictably) like a male, anime, pro voice actor.

Oh, the irony. ;D

... what do I sound like?

[Edit: Oh great, now I can't read a post by Matthew without hearing Songoku's voice. Thanks a lot.]

Gideon Weems

Hahaha. Fine, you can say that, but it's bad to leave your true thoughts bottled up inside. YOU HEAR TEH VOICES TOO!!!

But seriously, how can you imagine a woman's voice to be your own voice?

-- edit --

Thanks for asking! X-G, you don't actually sound like a robot. Depening on the context, you either sound like a mid-range, energetic, young male--in the way an Attention Def. Disorder student would sound if he were arguing with his school counselor. Or, you sound like a gentle, deeper male voice with an almost motherly sense of caring/accosting.

SSC, you sound like a guy I used to know; he had lots of tatoos and lost his virginity before everyone else did. He smoked a lot, but his voice wasn't raspy or coughy. It was a little scratchy, though, if that makes any sense. (That's just the good stuff, though.)

SonShadowCat

Voices in my head don't have a gender. Theyre merely voices, it's more like I read dialogue in my head rather than hear them.

rockslave

I miss me! I have a thousand games to finish but I lack a computer of my own! How can I post if I can't work? :(

SonShadowCat

Who are you?

Chris Katko

And I sound like?

Gideon Weems

CK, you sound a lot like gnolam, which is exactly what one would expect gnolam to sound like.

rockslave, hello! You almost missed your topic.

SonShadowCat

What about me >:(

Billybob

Gideon Weems: I do similar things, but with almost any text. I can almost hear the person through their choice of words and word order. The avatars here do affect the voice, of course, though I'm not sure by how much.
People changing their avatars is annoying only because I don't recognize people by how I hear their posts, but rather by how I see their avatar.

Anyway, it's hard to say how I hear you all :) I guess you all will have to pop inside my head.

Oh, oh, what do I sound like :P

Oh, and on-topic: I personally have felt a decrease in Spelly's presence, not to mention 23's. So it's not just you.

EDIT: SSC sounds like a grumpy kitten :P

Steve Terry

You sound p*ssed off a lot :P

Quote:

The avatars here do affect the voice

I bet I sound like a bunch of clicks and obscure chatter ;D
I don't miss 23... anymore... the traitor.

X-G

I'm never going to live this one down.

(The quality is crappy. I don't have access to studio equipment nor do I know jack shit about audio postprocessing.)

(This is the post in question.)

james_lohr

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who hear voices in their head while reading. I remember talking to someone who was convinced that it wasn't normal. - I wouldn't be able to read without them.

XG: your voice always sounds very bored to me :P. As if you are only half interested in what you are saying, a bit like someone resigned to having to answer the same stupid questions repeatedly.

[EDIT] :o Nothing like I thought it would be!

Matthew's is kind of Peter Parker from Spiderman but slightly more irritated.

23's is quite slow, deep and sort of caring/gentle.

Spellcaster's is the best: Half way between Einstein and Gandalf ;D.

Billybob

Wow, X-G, I never imagined you sounding like that. Cool 8-)

I wonder how well we (with the ability) predict people's voices? Do we do it well, or horrible? Or do we do it well, but people never write the same way they speak?

Rampage

I liked X-G's Evert voice ;D.

james_lohr

Oh, is that what it was ;D.

Evert
Quote:

spelly and Evert sound similar--both deep, authoritative voices with spelly being slightly more thunderous

Fascinating. ;D
I'll see if I can arrange a voice recording just for the heck of it... I'm not sure I have a working microphone lying around though.

Steve Terry

The cat ate my microphone >:(

Oscar Giner
Quote:

Your voice is very similar to mine (the last time I heard mine, that's some years ago) :o

I used to have a recording of my voice reading a long text, but I don't thing I have it anymore :(

I don't heard anything when I read your posts. I only "heard" the voices (or maybe it's more like I interpret the characters) when I'm reading a book.

Peter Wang

X-G, you sound like you're wearing a bow tie :-)

23yrold3yrold

I have a mic (2.99, used for one game of Starcraft ;D), but no clue how to record sound with it. ???

Oscar Giner

Start->Programs->Accesories->Entertainment->Sound Recorder ::)

Then better convert it to ogg.

SonShadowCat

You sound british X-G o.O

23: Start -> Programs -> Acces -> Entertainment -> Sound recorder

Edit: Beat by oscar

23yrold3yrold

No ogg converter. Ph34r my 580KB of bandwidth!

X-G

Yes ogg converter.

Quote:

You sound british X-G o.O

Is that... bad?

Quote:

I'll see if I can arrange a voice recording just for the heck of it... I'm not sure I have a working microphone lying around though.

Why? Was my impersonation off? ;D

Rampage

23: You sound quite grown up, not at all like a 3yrold :P.

Matthew Leverton
steve said:

The cat ate my microphone

Never fear! I have attached a recording as the voice in my head understands your fearless paragraphs. :o

Richard Phipps

He doesn't sound British!! >:(

Interestingly your voice goes up and down in pitch through that recording. Does swedish naturally sound more melodic, than flat? Or is this just how you sound. :)

Eric Love

You who hear the voices of those posting: Do you also hear the accents, or do you just hear voices in your own accent?

There! Now I've done something to your illusion! :)

Gideon Weems
Matthew said:

Never fear! I have attached a recording as the voice in my head understands your fearless paragraphs.

Hahaha! Is that Microsoft Sam with reverb?? That's probably the most I've laughed at something from these forums... I'm scared to type now; please don't do my voice.

X-G said:

See attachment.

X-G

Quote:

Interestingly your voice goes up and down in pitch through that recording. Does swedish naturally sound more melodic, than flat?

People say that, but I can't tell, personally. Swedish just sounds flat to me. Attached is a piece of text in Swedish (an excerpt from a course leaflet). You tell me.

As a side note, I'm jealous of the lot of you. You have much cooler voices.

Gideon Weems
X-G said:

As a side note, I'm jealous of the lot of you. You have much cooler voices

Your voice is kind of intimidating; it hints of a tyrranical wit, poised to lash out on command. At the same time, you can do an interesting Evert impression.

As a side note, I will be unable to prank call CK now...

Ultio

Be warned. I'm sure 23 has now saved every single one of these clips onto his computer, much like any picture of yourself you may ever post here. I think I've seriously made reference to this fact at least 15 times.

Matthew Leverton
Gideon said:

[quote I]
Never fear! I have attached a recording as the voice in my head understands your fearless paragraphs.

Hahaha! Is that Microsoft Sam with reverb?? That's probably the most I've laughed at something from these forums... I'm scared to type now; please don't do my voice.
</quote>
That was the voices in my head. :o I swear he sounds like that to me.

Billybob

I wanna try too!

Richard Phipps

X-G: Yep, that swedish clip sounded the same too. :)
WH: You sound like you have a bad case of demonic possession.. :o

I was going to record my voice too, but it's late here and all my housemates are asleep, so I'll pass on this one..

Billybob

Response to Richard Attached.

Chris Katko

Well holy crap, I do dare say... X-G, you really do have a British voice. Not a good or bad thing, just differing from what I expected.

23 year old sounds like... Canadian or something.

Gideon: Geeky. ;)

Quote:

CK, you sound a lot like gnolam, which is exactly what one would expect gnolam to sound like.

I don't get it... you didn't mention what gnolam sounds like...

Quote:

As a side note, I will be unable to prank call CK now...

Ten virtual dollars to the first one who actually tries that number. Though, looking back on it, I should have posted an actual number (of my friend's or something). That would have been a funny conversation.

As for my voice... ehem...

p.s. I think I've got the worst microphone on hand... ironic.

[attachment removed, see next post]

Ultio

It's only just my favorite game of all time. You can grab the blooper, too.
[Warning, I say damnit and then damn. ;)]

Evert

Attached is an old recording I made for an RTS I was working on... must have been five or six years ago. That's the most recent one I have though. Note that I've twisted my voice slightly in that recording, which is something I'm reasonably good at (for the Dutch people among us, I do a decent Paulus de Boskabouter, a nearly perfect Oehoeboeroe and a downright mean Eucalypta).

X-G: haven't heard it yet, I'm saving the recordings for listening to tomorrow.

Chris Katko

Opps, I attached the wrong (clipped) file... there we go.

Gideon Weems
CK said:

Gideon: Geeky. ;)

Well, it's better than a creepy redneck voice! Heheh. I expected you to sound a little like Beavis (not a lot, though), but more intelligent with a degree of sharpness; that's how I imagine gnolam's voice most of the time. It probably has something to do with his choice of avatars.

Ultio, awesome quote. The blooper's even better, though.

I can't get William's second response to play. And why is everyone using ogg? The ogg developers are very open about how inappropriate their codec is for voice... Though, I'm not sure if it's worse than a VBR mp3. It sounds like it is.

Yes, I am saving these to my hard drive as a back-up for 23's.

Billybob

Everyone's has played fine for me (Winamp).
And I just did Ogg cause it seemed like the thing to use at the time.

Ultio

Next thread should be pictures, once again. If so, I'll have to get an updated cheese-doodle pic ready!

Billybob

Forget that, how about we find a picture and add sounds to it :)

gnolam

Well, I've already posted mine in Peter Hull's thread, but I can post it again:
A typical Swedish sentence, as read by me

Err... maybe I should do a serious recording... ;)

Thomas Fjellstrom

Seems I can't find my mic, or my camera that includes a mic.. So you'll all have to do without my voice :o

Specter Phoenix

Changing my nick threw a lot of people for a loop cause I dropped my quote and quit asking my usual questions cause I mainly quit caring about anything except my life.

Thomas Fjellstrom

I hate it when people change thier nicks. Its like changing your real name, it changes who you are.

Steve Terry

gnolam... serious about something.... nah...

Matthew Leverton

Dare I say this is how the X-G voices have always sounded like in my head? :-/

Billybob

ML, you have a weird name.

Kanzure

And, what do I sound like to you guys?

WH: You sound like BAF, except less hyper.
Ultio: You don't sound like you run a video store.

As for the other respectable oldies, you all sound the same to me in my head. Nothing differentiates, except in the serious threads, where personal opinions appear that don't exactly matter. :)

Specter Phoenix

TF: Not big on Shakespeare huh? "Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?" Answer is yes because a name makes nothing. The personality is what makes a person. I could change my name or nick a thousand times and I would still be me. If a person changes the way they are towards something then you need to look deeper than just nicks and names.

Kanzure

Quote:

The personality is what makes a person.

No, it's situation and how the person reacts to it. Personality is the general "instant reaction" a person has to just about everything. What makes a person? Experience and purposefully-applied knowledge/skill.

I would be happy marrying some woman with a horrible personality, as long as we both had a deep understanding and connection. We all have problems, some of us fewer than others, personalities should be left at the door when communicating through text until grounds are established for communication. I.e. a good introduction and general meet-me time where a person can learn what's not acceptable orwho likes what. Et cetera.

Matthew Leverton

The nice thing about hearing voices is you can just record them and sell them as audio for the blind.

Allegro.cc goes hill-billy. (2.6MB) :o This is just a preview, if you want the full DVD with all the threads, you'll have to buy it.

wearetheborg

Do I get a moderator discount? :o

Matthew Leverton

Of course, honey. :-* It's already in the mail.

Thomas Fjellstrom

DG: Not sure you saw it, but I said earlier (probably in another thread) that I just don't get poetry ;) And really, if a Rose was called "Ass Bud" you might think twice about smelling it.

Chris Katko

Oh man, Matthew, that was great. Richard sounds like a southpark charactor.

How bored were you?

p.s. I like Matthews version of my voice... I sound like I haven't been out of my basement in ten years.

[edit]

Quote:

Though, I'm not sure if it's worse than a VBR mp3. It sounds like it is.

You shut yer mouth! >:( ;) It actually sounds (more-or-less) exactly like the wave, since it's set to go as high as 320. But, as I already mentioned, my mic sucks (and I'm too lazy to EQ it).

Wetimer

Alright...

I just have to know....

What do I sound like to all of you? Or am I too minor a character to have my own voice?

Kanzure

Quote:

What do I sound like to all of you? Or am I too minor a character to have my own voice?

You have no avatar. Nobody cares.

(:P)

Rob Fletcher
Quote:

I suspect that all of us 100+ forum-rank kids all have the same 'murmuring of the crowd' sound. Which is why it is important for us to indicate our voices in our posts, even if we need to use the third person.

... remarked Rob in the soothing yet commanding tones of Keifer Sutherland's voice.

Billybob

ML you aren't being very consistant. I don't think I'll buy the DVD. I mean first I sound like a hippie, and then it morphs into a hick voice.

Very funny though, good work.

Kanzure: I was gonna post that :(

Steve Terry

It was pretty funny :) Maybe if it had an associated video with it I'd buy the DVD, otherwise can I just get it on CD?

Matthew Leverton
Quote:

ML you aren't being very consistant. I don't think I'll buy the DVD. I mean first I sound like a hippie, and then it morphs into a hick voice.

After 11 minutes, I can't even remember what I sound like, let alone you. Except Steve, because his "smiley for punctuation" substitution is guaranteed to be there if his "I'm not done with my paragraph yet" fails.

Quote:

Maybe if it had an associated video with it I'd buy the DVD, otherwise can I just get it on CD?

It doesn't all fit on a CD. :o

Steve Terry

CD set then?

Specter Phoenix
Kanzure said:

No, it's situation and how the person reacts to it. Personality is the general "instant reaction" a person has to just about everything. What makes a person? Experience and purposefully-applied knowledge/skill.

Personality controls how a person reacts in each situation. If a person's personality is caring, friendly, etc then in a stressful situation they will usually stay calm and friendly. Whereas a short-tempered hateful person will be the one to cast the first stone. Experience has no control in anything cause I know people with practically no experience in life will handle situations the same as that of a person who is majorly experienced in a certain situation.

Kanzure said:

I would be happy marrying some woman with a horrible personality, as long as we both had a deep understanding and connection. We all have problems, some of us fewer than others, personalities should be left at the door when communicating through text until grounds are established for communication. I.e. a good introduction and general meet-me time where a person can learn what's not acceptable orwho likes what. Et cetera.

Sounds like you are talking more about pride then personalities. If I was happy go lucky and liked making silly little wise cracks as my personality and left that out until the grounds were established then you wouldn't know how to take it when I started being me with my wise cracks (text or verbal). People with the same personalities, likes, and dislikes end up being friends and the same goes with marriage and these forums. If your personality inclines you to post seriously and another person's personality inclines them to be silly then they may very well end up clashing with each other.

This all just goes to show that names don't change the person. Under Harbinger I still stressed my opinion the same as I do now under Death Gauge.

RallyMonkey

It would be cool if I had a really squeaky voice. Especially with my avatar.

Trezker

I made a somewhat correct recording of
aoni pronounciation some time ago.

I don't feel like recording more of my voice right now...

[EDIT]
And to respect the original topic of this thread...
I think there is someone I miss, but I can't quite remember who.

Avenger

I wonder what I am to all of you???

Torbjörn Josefsson

Phipps:

Quote:

Interestingly your voice goes up and down in pitch through that recording. Does swedish naturally sound more melodic, than flat? Or is this just how you sound.

Yes, Swedish naturally sounds very melodic, but of course we don't even notice it ourselves. X-G is speaking (a tad) of what is known (and feared wherever Ericsson has offices) as "Ericsson English" :)

Sidenote: In italy (for example) many know swedish as "the language of the angels", because to them it sounds like we sing all the time - I actually met an Italian woman who had studied swedish just because she thought it was so beautiful; and to think we usually disparage our own language :)

Peter Wang

That's interesting, as I'm sure many English speakers think Italian itself is very, shall we say... dramatic :)

Rob Fletcher
Quote:

That's interesting, as I'm sure many English speakers think Italian itself is very, shall we say... dramatic

I forget who originally said this, I got it from a Vonnegut book, but I think he was quoting somebody.

But anyway, it was said that if aliens came along and observed Italian speakers for an amount of time, they would come to the conclusion that it was a language of hand gestures with vocals for emphasis.

Rob

Kanzure

Death Guage, people can control their personality. Don't forget about acting. :)

Quote:

Under Harbinger I still stressed my opinion the same as I do now under Death Gauge.

Yeah, didn't we punch and kick and scream when you revealed your former name? I think it's died down now.. nobody cares ;) You have no avatar. ;D

ReyBrujo

Geez, incredible how an off-topic thread can go SO off-topic :)

Richard Phipps

Now I read the football news..

jhuuskon

Attached is a friend, my brother and his girlfriend discussing the optimum state of a male human.

Paul Pridham

I miss myself!

Richard Phipps

Jhuuskon: It's all in foreign! :o :P

jhuuskon

foreign to you. i found it exremely funny. ;)

Gideon Weems
SSC said:

What about me >:(

? Right here.

Matthew, that was entertaining. :)

Everyone who's posted their real voice deserves to be imagined accordingly. I've reformed my vocal images of all you guys, in order to do justice to your posting. Of course, I don't speak at all like I type (with concern to word choice), and I'd imagine most others are the same. So, maybe I'm better off with whatever voice you assign me... except Matthew. It's bad enough being a nerd; I don't want to sound like one... Ah, whatever.

Kanzure, your voice is vanilla--gentle and versatile, with mid-low pitch and occasional soft sibilence. It hasn't the slightest trace of grunginess.

Chris Katko
Quote:

It doesn't all fit on a CD. :o

Ever heard of compression? :P ;) They make MP3 CD players.

Though, you should offer a variety of formats to create the largest potential market you can.

Gideon Weems

Oh, that reminds me. While we're off-topic, pronunciation:

Derezo = Də-REE-zo? <-- ("ə" is a schwa)
Ultio = UL (as in "bull")-tee-oh?

Richard's voice is nice.

Chris Katko

I pronounce it der-ez-oh. Which sounds like a character from sesame street. ;)

Billybob

I pronouce it "erezo to the Dizzle." :P
And Ultio is "ltio to the U-izzle."

Specter Phoenix
Kanzure said:

Yeah, didn't we punch and kick and scream when you revealed your former name? I think it's died down now.. nobody cares You have no avatar.

Actually, everyone that realized it was they all said they liked Death Gauge better than my other ones. I've not drawn my avatar yet.

Steve Terry

There are two e's in D'rezo?

Rampage
Quote:

Actually, everyone that realized it was they all said they liked Death Gauge better than my other ones.

Two persons noticed, and only one said that.

Gideon Weems

Death Gage, you're Harbinger Zero?

jhuuskon

Yes, he is.

23yrold3yrold

DARE-izz-oh
ul-TEE-oh

Richard Phipps

Doh-reezo!

Rampage

For me all the e's in "Derezo" are in Spanish, so pronunciation is pretty straightforward :P.

wearetheborg

Ok, my turn!

Steve Terry

7of9 made me laugh :)

Goodbytes

I was looking over previous posts of mine, trying to find a good one to read, and I realized something. I haven't posted regularly in a long, long time... I think I may have lost touch with the modern Allegro youth :-/

I feel like a forum regular, because... well... I read the forum all the time. I just don't post very much anymore. I must not be as familiar a presence as I thought I was. :P

Oh well. For those of you who still remember who I am, I have attached a short clip of my voice. Enjoy! 8-)

Steve Terry

Who are you?

You sound old, but I thought you were not that old Goodbytes... maybe you just have a mateur voice or are you really as old as you sound?

Kid Russia

I miss myself, cos I'm beautiful and I have seen real life faries and they told me I was a seventh being of the astral plane and that I will forever be enlightened

Goodbytes

I'm 18.

I have a deep voice.

Billybob

Goodbytes could be a narrator for like the Discovery channel or something.

Steve Terry

Do I get to nominate my top 3 voices so far:

1. X-G
2. Goodbytes
3. 7of9

:)

gnolam

Whoa! James Earl Goodbytes! :o ;)

[EDIT]
Hey, I found my microphone! I'll make a serious recording tomorrow (don't want to wake up my neighbors) if you want me to...

Specter Phoenix
Quote:

Two persons noticed, and only one said that.

That was one reply on a thread I was referring to the several PMs I got from other Allegro members saying DG was a better change over my old ones.

Breakman79

Ah, this is a lot of fun. Here's my rendition of three posts from this thread. Enjoy ;D

Rampage
Quote:

That was one reply on a thread I was referring to the several PMs I got from other Allegro members saying DG was a better change over my old ones.

I don't know why, but I find it hard to believe. I think that you started this thread hoping that lots of allegators would say 'I miss Harbinger Zero'.

raist0069
Quote:

Whoa! James Earl Goodbytes! :o ;)

I thought the same thing.

Goodbytes
Steve Terry said:

1. X-G
2. Goodbytes
3. 7of9

gnolam said:

Whoa! James Earl Goodbytes!

<NapoleonDynamite>Yessssssssssssssssssss</NapoleonDynamite> ;)

This must be why people keep telling me I have a face for radio! Yes, this is the reason for certain! No other possible explanation! :)

:-/

;D

Gideon Weems
Steve Terry said:

Do I get to nominate my top 3 voices so far:

1. Goodbytes

Definitely. Best dialog, too (unless the closing line was plagiarized).

Goodbytes

Gideon: I'm flattered, but... it's a paraphrase from SNL. See http://www.robotcombat.com/video_oldglory_hi.html. :-[/;D

decsonic

Goodbytes sounds like a voice actor :o

And it's quite obvious everyone misses me the most (ignoring the fact that i almost never post...) ;D:P

Trezker

Goodbytes... You could make a living on that voice.

[offtopic]
My farts are very smelly today...
[/offtopic]

Trumgottist

Don't have a microphone here right now, but how about a sound file (865 kB) I made as an audition for a game. I was given the line to read and had some fun with it. Apologies for the bad recording quality.

Specter Phoenix

Why would I hope to see my nick? If I wanted to see it I would just have said it myself instead of pointing out that it was me to begin with. I started this because I seriously miss gfoot and I know I've not been around as long as everyone else so I wanted to know who everyone else missed that I may not have known due to them leaving before I joined A.CC.

rockslave

(really late)
SonShadowCat said "Who are you?"

That shows how long I've been far from the forums. :P

I'm quite of an old member but I seldom get in the forum because I am a @&*#$@¨&*¨@$!!!

My name used to be Arthur Gabriel de Santana, I guess.

Marcello
Steve Terry

I hate my voice >:( Anyway bought a new microphone. SC with voices anyone :)

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

Ok, my turn!

You can actually hear the foxxxy! :o

You can also hear the French influence. :) Nice clear voice like that, you should be on campus radio. :P Actually, now that I say that, I'm surprised no one did Strong Bad's test sentence ....

wearetheborg

8-) Thanks 23 8-)

Quote:

Nice clear voice like that, you should be on campus radio.

Too bad I have to waste it on bratty kids who won't listen to me. >:(

BAF

i pronounce it dur e zoh
Ultio i pronounce you'll-tee-oh

Trezker
23 said:

I'm surprised no one did Strong Bad's test sentence ....

That's your job.

james_lohr

I suppose I may as well join in. Here's my voice.

[Edit]...and yes, I have a cold :(.

Richard Phipps

James: It was like a DJ mix between British and South African. :D

SonShadowCat

wearetheborg sounds so cuuuteeeee and sweet/nice. Sounds like an old friend of mine actually.

Mathews rendition of this thread is highly entertaining. If only I had a mic.

Avenger

If this thread lives a few more days I'll get my voice uploaded too:)

SonShadowCat

Maybe I should get a mic...

Avenger

You've said that:P

SonShadowCat

Did I? Maybe I'm just increasing my post count.

Avenger

Like me:D

EDIT:
It seems like ML has made a post reducing system, I got this message when posting:

"Slow down ... you are over working your fingers, your keyboard, and MY SERVER! :)"

;D

Rampage

I don't hear voices in my head when reading these posts, and I think that's why I confuse some allegators. Sometimes I mix up BAF and SSC, gnolam and X-G, Kanzure and Kazzmir (maybe this is because of their similar nicks).

Chris Katko

The only thing that seems to link posts to the people (for me) is the avatars. Which is why I naturally stop reading whenever I see a new avatar. I have to take note of the new name/avatar.

Avenger

I felt so naked when I didnt have an avatar:(

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

It seems like ML has made a post reducing system, I got this message when posting:

"Slow down ... you are over working your fingers, your keyboard, and MY SERVER! :)"

;D

That's old, actually. I used to get that all the time. :-X

Richard Phipps

I may have bumped into it from time to time also.. :)

Egberto Fuentes

Mmmm...

I have no voice, because rarely post.

I Always lurking...

Marcello

I get that when I open up a couple tabs and work on more than one post at once. Heh.

Marcello

SonShadowCat

I just bought a mic, thou shall hear my voice later today.

Avenger

You bought an mic just to show (is there a better word for this;)) your voice to us:o

Richard Phipps

Well, maybe we'll hear SMC too.. :P

SonShadowCat

Yes and no Avenger :). And yes, I'll have smc record her voice too if you want.

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

You bought an mic just to show (is there a better word for this;)) your voice to us:o

You can get them for two bucks. :) That's how much mine cost, anyway ...

BAF

my $10 headset has one. Have smc record her voice too. :)

Quote:

I get that all the time. Esp when there are good threads going. Go back to OT or another forum, thread, post, repeat.

SonShadowCat

My mic was $15. Logitech, came with 4 different color ear pieces, it's nice.

Derezo

..I skipped over this thread.
Miss me? ;)

Quote:

I pronounce it der-ez-oh. Which sounds like a character from sesame street. ;)

Which is how I pronounce it as well, but I've heard allllll sorts of stuff.
Oddly enough, "Dezaro" (Dezz air oh) is the most common. Which makes absolutely no sense at all. My dad says it, my mom says it, people at work say it... everyone on the internet spells it like that, too.. Seen it 10 times or more on here spelled that way :P

My friend says Drizzo.. but that's just because when he first saw the nickname he was pronouncing everything all funny "Drezzo? Dezo? Dezaro? Drizzo?" and now he calls me Drizzo :P
..well, not very often, but it's the name he has on his cell phone for my number.. heh

SonShadowCat

How do people confuse Derezo with Dezaro?

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

Oddly enough, "Dezaro" (Dezz air oh) is the most common. Which makes absolutely no sense at all.

.... but Derezo does, eh?

Rampage

Your parents call you Derezo too? :o

Derezo
Quote:

... but Derezo does, eh?

Well.. .. no, but they're pronouncing it backwards! ;)

Quote:

Your parents call you Derezo too? :o

Not on a regular basis, heh.. However, I've had people from the internet call my house on numerous occasions. When I was a game moderator a few of the players desperately wanted to contact me just to talk, or ask me questions about the game (most commonly needing the directions through the levels I had created ::)).

Anyway, here's a couple voice recordings. The first I just did for fun.. the second is how I answer the phone at work. ;D

[url http://zeus.ebtech.net/erics/ews/milton.wav]
[url http://zeus.ebtech.net/erics/ews/technicalservices.wav]

Not the greatest quality, but this microphone isn't very good...

Billybob

Office Space! WOOO!
I'm gonna burn the building down.

EDIT: Oh, and your micro-a-phone is....horrible.

Derezo

Yeah. Glad I tried it out for this, I was going to order one on Monday... :o

It's an LG TSound behind-the-neck headset combo.. which was $5 (before markup). ;D
Wonder if the sennheiser is any good.... it's $20 before markup.

Billybob

Sennheiser is supposed to be really good for sound. Well at least for headphones.

Derezo

I have sennheiser headphones which are quite nice. Insanely comfortable, and on my MP3 player the peak volume is by far louder than my other two sets of headphones (Half decent Sony Set & Cheapo Mushkin Ear Buds).

OTOH, a friend of mine had a headset from Sennheiser for his phone... and it seemed to be about the same quality as that LG TSound set.. :( So....I wonder if it was just that model, because otherwise Sennheiser seems to make fantastic products.

Avenger

I paid about $50 for my headset:)

Mark Oates

Mine were about $40 and sound great... well they used to back when I bought them. They've been through a lot of cold/hot weather changes and rough conditions. Plus their old.. :P

[edit]
Koss td/80

Mars

I somewhat miss Gabhonga or whatever he called himself later on the forums.

Thomas Fjellstrom

Funny, Eric sounds like milton from Office Space :o

Richard Phipps

You all sound so American (or Canadian)! ;D

SonShadowCat

You sound british. And your avatar is cute in a scary way. I should upload my/smc voice today. What to say what to say...

Thomas Fjellstrom

Actually, eastern canadians tend to sound more british than anything.. Albertans have a US based economy (or we did till we got majorly screwed a few times in several industries, so now we are moving towards asia and other markets), and a western US based accent ;)

Derezo

I don't really notice an accent with middle-eastern Canadians (..ontarians..). We sound "american" as far as I can tell.
I definitely don't think we sound british :P

Quote:

Funny, Eric sounds like milton from Office Space :o

I hope you realized I was joking, though. ;D

Thomas Fjellstrom

hmm. OOOOHHHHH.. You though I meant from the first file.. No. hehe. Your second one sounds damn near identical!

Derezo

Ack! No :P

Richard Phipps

SSC: You should get SMC to say this:
"Hi there! This is a premium rate sex number, If you'd like a)..." (fill in your own blanks)

SonShadowCat

She said this and I quote: "He can kiss my ass"

Richard Phipps

Is that option a, or option b?

SonShadowCat

Don't anger her please, please don't

Richard Phipps

I thought you'd see the funny side of it. :)

SonShadowCat

She doesn't.

Richard Phipps

I'm sorry! :(

Trezker
Quote:

I somewhat miss Gabhonga or whatever he called himself later on the forums.

Yeah, that's one name I don't even think about anymore...
What happened to him?

Indeterminatus

You are really bored, are you? ;D :P

SonShadowCat

For your laughing pleasure, my voice. I couldn't think of anything to say...

I'll post smc's voice later.

RallyMonkey

On another forum I frequent they have a topic like this. Except someone records about 2-3 minutes of them reading HHGTTG. It is actually pretty funny. And works well.

Derezo

heh.. couldn't think of anything so you said all of the variations of my name? ;D

Thread #458843. Printed from Allegro.cc