Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Post thou thine desktop!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Post thou thine desktop!
Sporus
Member #3,815
August 2003

Ian: Well, it is. I mean that recycle bin is just huge! :o

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Evert, what's the editor you're using?

nedit. I've been using it as a graphics mode text editor (that is, when I don't use VI ;)) for years now. It's (or at least used to be) a lot lighter and faster than emacs. I see they've added some new goodies since the 5.2 version I'm using... maybe I should update it to the latest version.
Last I knew, there was no stand-alone Windows port, meaning it needs a Windows port of X11 to work there. I never got it to run well in Windows, but then again Boxer is probably the best Windows editor I've ever used, so I don't really miss nedit too much if I find myself in Windows and in need of text editing.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Ron said:

Miran, Mithrandir and Richard, your backgrounds are great!

Thanks, btw it's another pic from Prague :)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Derezo has money on his desktop!

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

The wallpaper can change every 5 minutes, so I picked one that's not so jarring on people's eyes. :)

---
"It's nice knowing that someday, the software I write will just be pirated by millions of people." :-/
http://loomsoft.net | Zep's Dreamland | Allegro Newbie Tutorials

Rick
Member #3,572
June 2003

I think I win for most icons :-/

[url http://www.rickpiller.com/desktop.jpg]

========================================================
Actually I think I'm a tad ugly, but some women disagree, mostly Asians for some reason.

Marco Radaelli
Member #3,028
December 2002

Rick said:

I think I win for most icons :-/

Highly probable, if you keep downloading things to the desktop :)

I use a folder, c:\downloads, where I put everything I download.
I also have a separate folder, c:\programming, where I put all my code (easy when it comes backup time).

Rick
Member #3,572
June 2003

Most of my downloads are in My Documents. Most of these are programming folders or shortcuts, not that I use the shortcuts on my desktop very often.:P

========================================================
Actually I think I'm a tad ugly, but some women disagree, mostly Asians for some reason.

Rob Fletcher
Member #2,830
October 2002

I want to play!

Rob

edit:

SimGolf... it has ruined me on the four seperate occasions I've treated myself to it.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

That desktop is slick. too bad it's gummed up with ugly Windows taskbar.

juvinious
Member #5,145
October 2004

Here's mine.....

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

juvinious: oh, the humanity! :o

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Here is mine. Everything changes based on the desktop.

screenshot76xv.th.png

http://img63.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img63&image=screenshot76xv.png

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

juvinious
Member #5,145
October 2004

gnolam: I know quite cluttered isn't it, you should have a look at my Hard drives. :P

Rally: Where?

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Right there. ;)

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

This must be my source of inspiration - none.

JonZ
Member #2,383
May 2002

Here's my desktop ^_^

All I've got installed is VS.NET, Symbian Series 60 SDK, Irfanview, Foobar 2000, Nero, Gaim, TaxCut, Firefox, Y-ABC, and Valve's Steam [HL2, CS:Source].

Simple and not much else eh? Whatcha think?

Jonathan Curran

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

I don't mind that at all...

---

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

RM: Your linking skills suck ;). You url lacks a '/'.

-R

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Lacks a '/' where? I just got this straight from ImageShack...

---

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

After the second http:/

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

A few weeks ago I realised that I really use only 4 icons on my desktop often. So, I left those alone, killed everything else, and voila - the perfect desktop :P.

EDIT: Damn, I hate my new connection. For all those interested in the lower part of the picture - [url http://meditech.pl/temp/pulpit.jpg] :).

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

krajzega, instead of the names of the programs, you type their purpose. What would you put for IE?

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Here's mine ;D

Go to: