Depot Games: Confrontation
Links: Web Site
Developers: Matt Sarnoff
A two-player Spacewar-type deathmatch game. Two players fly their spaceships around the screen and try to shoot each other. Features colorful high-res 800x600 graphics, sound effects and MOD music, copious trail and particle effects, realistic inertia effects (think Asteroids and XPilot), six weapons (including the mighty Lightning Gun), and many customizable game options.
- Background pictures are now high-quality JPEGs, instead of those horribly huge bitmaps....saves over six megabytes of hard drive space. (sadly, the zip file is reduced by only 850k)
- Increased framecap from 30 fps to 45 fps
- Decreased the ship rotation interval from 9 degrees per keypress to 5 degrees per keypress. You can aim more precisely now.
- Program is no longer static-linked, so alleg40.dll is required (it is included in the zip though.)
Overall Rating: 8.0
- A really nice game with nice music.
I don't like the controls (firebutton on down key), so why don't you let the player choose the keys?
I think the ship rotates too fast.
It's hard to aim the enemy.
Maybe you can accelerate the rotation (the longer you hold the key, the faster the rotation).
It would be nice, if the game supported up to 4 players, too.
If I spend a little time in the "start game screen" where I can choose my player name, it becomes black. (bug?)
I use WindowsXP
- Nice, but it's really hard to hit your opponent. The particles are neet. And please, don't use BMPs for your backgrounds. Consider JPGAlleg and JPEGs instead, you'll save yourself 4mb and us several minutes of download ;).