Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » The TINS 2022 hackathon has a discord, please join us!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
The TINS 2022 hackathon has a discord, please join us!
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Heads UP! TINS is coming up soon (in about ~3 weeks). August 5 to August 8.

We now have a nicely active discord that's getting some good discussion. Stop on by https://discord.gg/r6hxxdgC and get your compilers warmed up!

At this point, we have 10 entrants, but we want to get a lot more. We're asking you to join! OMG do it! :o:o

{"name":"613224","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4e4f1407672d0cc19ec78862400d0105.jpg","w":500,"h":330,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/e\/4e4f1407672d0cc19ec78862400d0105"}613224

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Yeah listen to Matthew Maconaheigheeeh (sp?)

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

I've joined. Gotta say I'm not totally on board with this thing, it certainly isn't IRC or a forum, and the page loads are a bit faster than I'm used to.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I might be able to hack something together. It depends on health and stuff. Do we know rules in advance or is it randomized at start time so nobody can cheat?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

The rules are randomized at the start time.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Katko, you can reuse any code that was publically available at the time of the start of the competition. Get started on your framework now!

This speaks to me.

I've been spending a lot of time coding in anticipation of TINS, almost to the point of wondering if the whole TINS competition is really more about the preparation. 🤔

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

So then TINS Is more like an annual performance review of your home-grown game engine?

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

So then TINS Is more like an annual performance review of your home-grown game engine?

It is mine. 8-);D

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

omg too real ;D

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Counting down. 3 more days!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Less than 1 day left :-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

eeeeeeee ;D

--

Go to: