Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Krampushack 2019?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Krampushack 2019?
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Isn't it about time for another game competition for the allegro community? Who's up for it? There is still a few weeks to plan it properly.

Krampushack is a very open, free-style, secret-santa type competition. Use of allegro is not compulsory, and the game doesn't have to be written from scratch.

I propose to have rules similar to Krampushack 2018:

1. goal. Create a game as a gift for your secret santa. On <insert start date here>, you will be assigned one of the other participants and you have to make your game as a gift for them. Each should post a wishlist of features that they would like to see in the game. So the rules of your game will depend on the wishes of your secret santa.

2. When: the deadline would be 31 December again. We can set a duration of perhaps 2 or 3 weeks. So it would start somewhere mid December.

3. Allegro & other libs You are encouraged to use allegro, but this is not compulsory.

And I volunteer the TINS site as a hub. See also https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/rules/

So what do you say? Happy with these rules, or should I make some changes?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

{"name":"3f7da248f684468c6dc196d06156c5cc.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/8\/a8ad03c626524c795f49d9e37fd9f8d1.jpg","w":269,"h":185,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/8\/a8ad03c626524c795f49d9e37fd9f8d1"}3f7da248f684468c6dc196d06156c5cc.jpg

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

I like the idea!
Not sure if I got the time to participate though :P

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

+1

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Three weeks I guess wishes should be simple to be simple games.

I hope to have the opportunity to participate and programming, sounds very interesting and I want to see what comes out. :)

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Abi-12
Member #17,145
November 2019

I might be down for this. 8-)

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

If you want to get a feel for what the wishlists could look like, check the first logs from krampushack 2018:

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/log/?page=5

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I like making video games, I'll participate.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hooooo yeaaah 8-)

Count me in !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Oh I am SO down!!!

Count me in!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare • AllegroFlare Docs • AllegroFlare GitHub

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Really tempted, but I don't know if I'll have time to participate (too).

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I made a logo!

{"name":"612205","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/3\/63896426930971a2d9ef6ebd71b73d7e.png","w":828,"h":571,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/3\/63896426930971a2d9ef6ebd71b73d7e"}612205

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Very cute. But with that font and color it's better for Halloween. :P

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Is it alright if I use that image as a splash screen for my Krampus Hack entry? I wanna DO stuff to it.

Totally!

RmBeer2 said:

Very cute. But with that font and color it's better for Halloween. :P

I hoped to remind people that Krampus isn't exactly a warm or wholesome spirit. The font style and snow should illicit hints of winter and holidays without blatantly using icons or symbols of Christmas.

--

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The font style and snow should illicit hints of winter and holidays without blatantly using icons or symbols of Christmas.

But it's the middle of Summer!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Awesome, I love your enthusiasm!

Nice logo, I've put it on the front page: https://tins.amarillion.org/news/

Sign-up page is open: https://tins.amarillion.org/join/ (and you need to have an account or register first). Please give it a try so we can work through the usual problem with lost passwords, broken email servers etc. sooner rather than later :)

Rules for the compo are here https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu19/rules/ (speak up now if you have questions or comments)

Oh and if you want to tweet this event, use #KrampusHack19

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Start day is 13 December 2019. That's my birthday! What a treat ;D

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Very cool. I have enrolled.

The rules look good!

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Right, just as I feared it turns out the mail relay is broken again :'( I'll get this fixed over the weekend. In the mean time, if you need a password reset, PM me and I'll do it manually for you.

Is anybody using RSS readers anymore? I hacked together these things, but I don't know if it's useful for anything:

https://tins.amarillion.org/feeds/news/
https://tins.amarillion.org/feeds/logs/

Those link to RSS feeds for the front-page news, and the entrant logs, respectively.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I joined, I hope I'll finish it that year too :-D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I hoped to remind people that Krampus isn't exactly a warm or wholesome spirit. The font style and snow should illicit hints of winter and holidays without blatantly using icons or symbols of Christmas.

I see, a gloomy and depressing spirit indicating that Krampus invites you to a deadly competition that freezes your blood. Good work! :D

1   2   3 

Go to: