Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Krampushack 2019?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Krampushack 2019?
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Very cool. May this year's Krampushack be dark. 8-)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

Enrolled just now.
Will complete it this time.

I'm planning on using Godot. It will give me a boost.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

We are 9 now.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm working on a small update to the log system. I want to add the ability to flag posts so they stay hidden from your giftee. They would also be hidden from public view, until the compo is over.

That way you are free to log whatever you want, without giving away the surprise effect.

Anyway, it will take me a few more days to finish it up. Stay tuned.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I've got an email about this. I'd like to join but who am I kidding? I've never completed any *Hack. I will follow it, though.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

amarillion, where should I post my wishlist? Should I add a post to the log?

I'd like to join but who am I kidding? I've never completed any *Hack.

{"name":"612228","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/4\/c4c79c6525f6ae613c865f1cab730c24.png","w":483,"h":272,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/4\/c4c79c6525f6ae613c865f1cab730c24"}612228

:):):):)!!!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Yes, please post your wish list on the log. I've just enabled it, so you can start writing it up immediately.

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu19/log/

Not only that, but I've added a new feature: you can mark posts as "spoiler". By doing so, it will be hidden from the public, and from your Secret Santa receiver. So you can be free to keep interesting logs, while keeping the surprise going a little bit longer.

Some tips to make optimal use of this feature:

• Do not use the "spoiler" flag on the post that contains your wish list, so everybody will be able to see it.

• Try to occasionally post non-spoiler posts interspersed between the spoilers, so that you don't disappear completely (and thus let the secret be found out through deduction)

• After the competition is over, all posts will become public.

I hope that is clear, it's a feature that requires some finesse :) Anyway, if you have any questions... you know where to find me.

I've got an email about this. I'd like to join but who am I kidding? I've never completed any *Hack. I will follow it, though.

Welcome anyway. For a regular TINS, I would say, give it a try. But the nature of Secret Santa makes it so we want to reduce drop-out risk.

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

Sorry Folks, that I'm stepping out. I would make something of my own and post it in the threads, but now I have to shift from my current apartment for some reason. Land owner has sent me a notice for evacuation, now I will be looking for a new apartment from tomorrow. It's very tough time for me and I hope you understand.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Done 8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I only find thugs. Why are there no drugs, police, deaths, destruction or apocalypse? That it's Christmas does not imply that your gifts have to do with Santa Claus. :/

EDIT:

Or a game with those topics so controversial that they like to discuss in "Thread Locks"... :P

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

It's very tough time for me and I hope you understand.

Sorry to hear that, good luck on the apartment hunt! I'll unsubscribe you from the competition.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Ok! I've added my wishes!

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Sure! no problem!

The actual lettering went through some skewing transformations, but the typeface is Christmas on Crack.

Here are the individual photoshop layers in PNG. Note the filenames with *-additive-overlay.png should be rendered with additive blending enabled, (e.g. al_set_blender(ALLEGRO_ADD, ALLEGRO_ONE, ALLEGRO_ONE);).

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I had to add the extension .png to the files

Ah, noted. I've updated the attachment to fix that.

--

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Frank, try again. I just opened it up again for a few more hours. I didn't think anybody more would join, but I guess I was wrong :P

However, once I draw the Secret Santa ballots, we're set. Only 13 hours remain...

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Great! Welcome to the competition, Frank.

Registration is closed now, the ballots will be revealed in about three hours.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Here we go.

Mine will be hard but I'll do it my best.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I've got something to work with. ;)

{"name":"612237","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/3\/53cdcb8fa8f8d87199f97ed41a7da698.jpg","w":678,"h":960,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/3\/53cdcb8fa8f8d87199f97ed41a7da698"}612237

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I tried a "test run" before the hacx started and wrote a spinner to randomly select an entrant.

At that time, I noticed at first I didn't like the one that I was randomly given, but decided to commit to it and found that once I committed, there was a lot of interesting things in there -- there's a lot of space for imagination.

So, if at first you aren't quite sure what to do with your Krampus Hack list or if you don't find it interesting, my tip is to keep going and immerse yourself into the space :). It's a common theme in the creative world that imposing restrictions can boost creativity :)

--

1   2   3 

Go to: