Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » THC and C++

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
THC and C++
piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Anyone got any experiences? When I mix the two I seem to going down the same path every time. Anything im coding is reworked. I change all the code to be recursive and self initializing. like AI. Its almost spooky. I start to code AI routine out of no where the same thing happen every time then when I sober up I forget what I was programing until I get more THC.

Its like the THC wanted me to code something that's hidden in my mind. what I have sofar is like a new type of deep learning neutral network.

I wonder if this has happen to anyone else?

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I don't much feel like coding when I'm stoned. Classifications for cannabis are still somewhat unreliable due to its history with prohibition, but I usually lean more towards the "Indica" label because I generally consume cannabis in the evening before bed (and I don't believe I am always capable of being "competent"/reliable stoned). For those that don't partake or haven't looked into it, Indica is believed to make you relaxed or tired, and Sativa is believed to make you energetic and creative.

I have had limited experiences with Sativa's, but generally I just find them more potent and less forgiving. It's easier to get "too" stoned on cannabis labelled Sativa in my experience. To reiterate, I generally am not motivated to code stoned, and I have very limited experience with it.

I vaguely recall (cannabis use also cripples short term memory, particularly while stoned) that I attempted it once, and I think I found it very difficult (i.e., things that I would normally do sober without any trouble became very difficult to track/figure out).

One anecdote that I can provide is that several of my [ex-]colleagues were apparently stoned during work, and if that is any indication of its effects on the quality of output then it should be avoided at all costs. :P

Finally, if this code is truly so amazing then I suggest you post a snippet of it for us to analyze. :) When I'm stoned I often think I'm having brilliant ideas, but typically when I share them with sober people they roll their eyes. There's no doubt that cannabis has inspired a lot of good ideas, but I think what gets a lot less attention is how many bad ideas it generates too. :)

My experience has been that cannabis really just intensifies the creative center of your brain. You don't necessarily have better ideas, but you have a higher frequency of ideas. Just like normal some of those ideas are good, and some of those ideas are bad. If you can manage to identify the good ideas then you can benefit from them. The downside is that you are generating so many ideas, and your short term memory capacity is compromised, so it can be very difficult to remember your ideas. I'm often in the middle of telling somebody my "genius" idea when it just *blanks* on me and I can't remember for the life of me what I was even talking about. :)

For this reason, if you are attempting to generate good ideas with cannabis I recommend a convenient, simple, and fast tool to help you record as much detail about the idea as quickly as possible because odds are you will lose it shortly. Maybe, just maybe, if you recall the log(s) you'll discover some worthwhile ideas that might not have occurred to you sober.

My ideas seem to only last a matter of seconds. Maybe 7 or 10 seconds before I lose them. Sometimes I might last 30 seconds or a minute, but it's rare for me to be able to hold onto an idea longer than that without at least recording it somewhere (other than my own short term memory) to recall.

tl;dr Cannabis is a lot of fun, and has some beneficial medicinal uses too, but it's probably not going to make you awesome at anything that you aren't already awesome at (but you might get lucky on occasion).

Append:

I wish I was stoned right now, but I have a bad cold coupled with a bad sore throat, and I'm worried vaping is going to exacerbate it (and/or caused it). I am all out of capsules. :( I was supposed to have a fresh order delivered today, but the postal worker apparently didn't do his job. :(

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Interesting.. i could never code using Indica because it is meant to shutdown your body so it can self heal. Sativa dominate hybrid is what i am using.

I don't want to post the code because i don't want it to show up on google. when i look over it while sober it seems to be some kinds of AI neural brain attempt. it has a lot of classes and the classes seem to make its own data structure using link list style object pointers. the class names are all medical brain terms and the objects seem to self create a link list and then the processing takes place as the 2d/ 3d link list is being self generated based on the input sample data and when it has been generated.

the data structure is 2d but I see where it is to be made to expand into a 3rd
right now its only about 700 lines of code and its all in one cpp main file.
hear are the class names

Neuron
NeuronSynapticConnection
NeuralNetwork
ConnectionMemory

what is interesting is the crazy drive that appear while high that just starts coding "by itself" working on different areas then linking the areas as if the whole project is already built and i am just coding it into this reality.

wow

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Wow. This gets my vote for dumbest thread ever

We're literally watching the human species de-evolve...

{"name":"612182","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/7\/e72a3ef6882956d101ac5d7c94823ac3.png","w":1125,"h":750,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/7\/e72a3ef6882956d101ac5d7c94823ac3"}612182

Now if instead you had said, "I can program the DNA of THC to kill cancer", now that would be cool.

THC++19

8-)

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

please explain

wow

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Perplexed by the claim that THC would even contain DNA, I attempted to Google it, and that lead me to this gem:

https://thehustle.co/dna-test-weed

There are companies now that claim they can analyze your DNA and pair you with the right strains of cannabis. :o I don't trust any companies that process DNA because I don't think any of them treat it with the privacy and security protections that it deserves (i.e., they should destroy all traces of it after the tests, and encrypt each person's data separately so that only the customer can access their data). Anyway, this is neat, but it is also too easy to just bullshit and get away with it... Maybe in time...

AceBlkwell
Member #13,038
July 2011

;D I can see your point Edgar but I figured I was just being too old to be hip. When ever I hear people talk about curing the world’s ills while in a stoned funk I can’t help of thinking of Jesse and Chester from Dude where’s my car. One of my favs btw. It’s like that charismatic suave and smooth dancing drunk.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Doobie is not magic. It's great to help you relax, but it's also great to smoke yourself into a stupor with. Generally I end up doing the latter.

I code stoned all the time, and it doesn't help my coding in the least bit, except for helping with the restlessness my other medications give me. I find myself in a much better condition to code when I am not stoned.

And to correct myself, no, THC doesn't have DNA, it's just a chemical. I meant cannabis, of whatever strain you enjoy. If you could make cancer killing recombinant genes to alter your doobie with, we could just smoke cancer away. :D

Piccolo, I thought you were enlightened. It's hard to tell whether that's true when you post stuff like this....

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Edgar, I am. your just are missing a lot of information and context.
The cannabis you and bamccaig are smoking is indica dominate that type is meant to shutdown your body for self repair this is similar to a process that happens when you sleep. the sativa dominate cannabis (ganja) i smoke does the opposite it gives you energy and stimulates your brain.

Edit good thing i did not tell you that i invented unlimited energy source.

bamccaig i would not rust that dna test ether because humans dont know enough yet

wow

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The unlimited power source is not a new announcement. I think that goes back at least 5 years. :P Alas, it was probably lost when his boat sunk. :(

I have consumed Sativa (or at least, strains that their growers believe to be predominantly Sativa[1]) enough times to say that it isn't guaranteed to energize you, and certainly doesn't just "stimulate your brain". In my experience both variants "stimulate" your brain, but like I said it tends to just put your creative center into hyper-drive. The ideas that it creates aren't always good by any means. Sometimes they are pretty good I think, but I haven't come up with anything to make me rich yet (or if I have I forgot about it before I could record it...). :)

My experience has been that Sativa is just more potent, as I said before. I would describe it as the difference between beer or mixed drinks versus hard liquor. Sativa is the hard liquor of cannabis in my experience. I think that's why most newbies don't enjoy it. It's too much. You need experience to try a Sativa. I need to experiment more with it, but it has never made me "energetic". Though it can certainly be hard to even remember the effects because of the short term memory impairment,... In my experience when I try a high potency Sativa I am guaranteed to feel too stoned. A balanced, mid- or low-range Sativa seems to get me stoned like a strong Indica does. I still generally just feel like sitting at my computer, listening to music, thinking crazy shit. :)

Edgar, if your experiences usually get you feeling "too" stoned it could be that your sources are providing you with Sativas, and Indicas may be more compatible. Hard to say. I usually just end up feeling relaxed and zoned out, with ideas racing through my head too fast to tell anyone what they are.

On the subject of cannabis I really want to grow some. My wife and I just bought a house so I have some extra space. The problem is I think in my climate (particularly in winter, which we're quickly approaching) you need to buy expensive lamps and basically create an artificial environment to grow in... I've tried to price out "simple" kits for this, but it seems to be a CAD$700 investment minimum. On top of that, the legal seeds are CAD$65 each. That means you need a pretty successful yield to make it worth your while, and I'm not a green thumb by any means. My concern is that my first attempts are going to be failures, and I'll have wasted all of that time and money...

References

1. Prohibition caused a lot of amateurs breeding and sharing cannabis so there's no clean record of any plants' sources, and it's generally believed that all plants in circulation today are a hybrid of both. The Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid labels are mostly derived from what average users report experiencing when using the plants.
piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

No Edgar, i will share with everyone once I have a pattern filed.

bamccaig i google Alas all i got was something about a missel. my invention is dead simple as with everything in the world once you understand the basics.

i posted another thread explaining how THC works
when using you have to approach everything scientifically.
if you are unable to cope with the effects you need to lower the dosage. Sativa plants have very thing leafs indica plants have wider leafs. hybread will very the leafs between the the 2 extreams. An idea being good or bad is subjective.
everything you can do with cannabis can be done with out it will just beharder because we have be desensitized from nature. cannabis restores that sensitivity. sensitivity to be able to be able prosive what is around us on a more detailed level.

the the short term memory impairment is because you do not have the will power yet to control information that is being collected. lower the THC% to something your current will can handle

edit when using indica you should feel sluggish heavy in the body like arms legs couch lock.

Sativa should produce a lot of branching thoughts and a light headed feeling as if you hearing to your self talk in your head. parona is when you are not able to control those thoughts and they spirial out of control. the trick is to turn force your self to be able to focus the data you want to collect.if you ver off track you need to bring and hold the focus. the trick is to turn your thoughts into logic

wow

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

{"name":"1dabadc5a4add2bb89c77748126b4362.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/a\/5a1297cd62de5f08f42d609794ec9fa0.jpg","w":310,"h":308,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/a\/5a1297cd62de5f08f42d609794ec9fa0"}1dabadc5a4add2bb89c77748126b4362.jpg

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/THC.svg
{"name":"Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-from-tosylate-xtal-3D-balls.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/c\/ac4a72fa3465e379970d6df79c2840b9.png","w":1100,"h":805,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/c\/ac4a72fa3465e379970d6df79c2840b9"}Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-from-tosylate-xtal-3D-balls.png
{"name":"zYvs.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/1\/a1c8afa3a60d515692c7ffab7b062e37.png","w":630,"h":312,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/1\/a1c8afa3a60d515692c7ffab7b062e37"}zYvs.png

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

I don't know about the memory impairment after stoning because I have never experienced it but it maybe because you are getting stoned too frequently.

Adam says that research says : Adam Ruins Everything. (Time stamp : 1:00)

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

the memory loss is be cause of lake out focus and control of application to short term memory stack. you stack only has so much space if you put to many thing on it the stuff at the top of the stack gets dropped off. you need to mentally control what gets added to the stack

wow

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I don't know about the memory impairment after stoning because I have never experienced it

I'm pretty sure memory, among other things are quite impaired after stoning. That is - if you survive it.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I have met stoners that believe they can drive safely stoned, and many that think being stoned at work doesn't impact their quality of work for the worst (but I beg to differ). Some people think that cannabis doesn't even impair them. To those people, I say, good luck with that. I know it impairs me, and that's what I like about it. :P Many people believe they can also drive drunk, or drive while texting. The world is full of stupid people. I think that's the default even. :)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

THC++ 20 Standards Committee be like: Duuuuuude, maybe we're all just pointers. And the universe is a huge memory pool of Atom*.... :o

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

No, I haven't. :P I'm sober. It's work hours. I just thought that was a profound way to think of it. :) In my younger years before I understood how much work software was I used to dream of developing a universe simulation based on real physics down to the atomic or quantum level... Ignoring of course my own ignorance in math and physics that would have made it impossible... I never actually thought through how you would represent matter or energy in code. In reality, I don't think a list of atoms would suffice. You'd probably need a tree to start, but even more than that you'd probably want to track electrons and protons, and beyond that quarks, and beyond that whatever the hell quarks are made of... In reality, we probably don't even have enough computing power to even begin to approach this. :P

I'm not even consuming flower directly right now because I have a really bad cold (sore throat, head cold, congested, bad cough, etc.). I'm avoiding vaping because I'm worried it'll make my sore throat worse. I have been waiting until late and then taking 10 mg THC capsules. :) Edibles aren't nearly as fun. The effects are slow to kick in, come on subtly, and last longer. And the effects are just different. It's hard to describe. Vaping is a lot more satisfying, but it'll have to wait...

1   2   3 

Go to: