Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Why is my post being locked?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Why is my post being locked?
Scooter
Member #16,799
January 2018

My previous post 'Problem with Code:Blocks is being blocked! WHY?????

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Scooter
Member #16,799
January 2018

That is a bunch of CRAP! Then I guess I will never
get an answer! How can I be removed from this site?
I will get an answer somewhere else!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

You're acting like a spoiled brat.

If you cared about your problem, you could post a link to it and people could respond to it here.

Like so : https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/617661

No one replied to your last post because they don't know what was wrong. You left off with this :

Scooter said:

I finally got a project created. Loaded my program to compile and
run. It created an executable file in the project directory. I double
clicked the file but it did not run. Oh well, I will keep at it!!!!

What does "it did not run" mean? Do you mean it exited without doing anything?

Post a zip file of your project and code and maybe we can help you more.

I have Ubuntu in a VM, maybe I can get it to work.

Also, you can 'bump' your thread if no one has replied to it. You can also edit it while it is open.

Scooter
Member #16,799
January 2018

I have had it! Just let me know how to be removed!
Thanks!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

We have a thread that just opened recently regarding this very issue. It should be resolved shortly.
Check https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/615770 for updates

ZoriaRPG
Member #16,714
July 2017

I'm curious: Is the thread autolock still in place, just to be a meme?

Scooter said:

I have had it! Just let me know how to be removed!

life.Clear()

Honestly mate, I read your prior thread, and I thought that it ended on a statement as well, and thus, wasn't looking for further input.

If the only C stuff that you've done is single-file, then, instead of fucking with Code::Blocks, try creating a makefile first. You need to assign priorities and order to how your files are included and linked. I've yet to run into an IDE that can properly predict that.

Perhaps one day, when we have AI that doesn't exterminate humanity.

P.S. I happen to hate makefile generation, and it's tedious as heck, but it's far more fun than writing for the almighty CMake API. The difference between compilers, linking, and generation across C implementations is maddening.

princeofspace
Member #11,874
April 2010

ZoriaRPG said:

P.S. I happen to hate makefile generation, and it's tedious as heck, but it's far more fun than writing for the almighty CMake API. The difference between compilers, linking, and generation across C implementations is maddening.

I second this. Recently I was working on a project for Code::Blocks and porting it to VS 2018.

There is no really satisfactory make system, near as I can tell. CMake gets a lot right, but hoo boy the docs are bad.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Scooter : Honestly, I think you're over reacting a little bit. I lost several threads due to inactivity as well. Why don't you join us in the discussion being held here?

We will hold a eulogy for your lost thread on New Year's Eve. I will be drinking profusely in honor of it. ;)

ZoriaRPG said:

If the only C stuff that you've done is single-file, then, instead of ing with Code::Blocks, try creating a makefile first. You need to assign priorities and order to how your files are included and linked. I've yet to run into an IDE that can properly predict that.

You have to learn gcc or cl from the command line first.

ZoriaRPG said:

makefiles suck. CMake at least makes it a little easier than writing your own from scratch.

CMake gets a lot right, but hoo boy the docs are bad.

I've avoided cmake for years because of how bad the docs are. :-/

Code::Blocks projects are really easy to setup and configure. If you're going to use it as an IDE, at least take advantage of what it can do for you. They're way better than that spaghetti soup Visual Studio calls a "solution". Convoluted garbage.

Scooter
Member #16,799
January 2018

Edgar:
Thanks for honoring my lost thread! That would be GREAT!
I am glad to be a part of your new year!!!!!!!!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Welcome to our cult!

Try the Kool-Aid!

{"name":"kool-aid.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/6\/263c7c756e6093cfdee5452c09303e28.jpg","w":1600,"h":1179,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/6\/263c7c756e6093cfdee5452c09303e28"}kool-aid.jpg

ZoriaRPG
Member #16,714
July 2017

I've avoided cmake for years because of how bad the docs are.

Thet're terrible. I tried to read through everything, and learn it; they they changed their API, and shifted things around, and I was kicked back to GO.

Makefiles aren't too bad if you don't need highly complex linker flas; but if you do, oy.

I ran C::B on OSX. It's probably an ancient version now, but, that's how we do things around here. Use it until it breaks, and canna' be repaired.

Go to: