Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Santa portrayed as having a gay, black husband...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Santa portrayed as having a gay, black husband...
Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This honestly, made me laugh out loud. It doesn't really bother me as I don't celebrate Xmas, but... it does show an attack on every tradition and everything we ever grew up with. A sign of things to come.

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/cnn-hypes-childrens-book-portraying-santa-claus-gay-man

Just when you thought you seen it all... ;D

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I knew Santa was a black gay man all along. Who else would break into people's homes under the guise of magic and gift-giving? ::)

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

No no, they're not saying Santa is black, they're saying HIS HUSBAND is. LMAO... what next... I wonder what sort of twist they will put on the Easter bunny?

It's so ridiculous it's humorous anymore.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

A friend of mine often sings, in his best Jamaican accent: "I don't care what the white man say, Santi-claus was a black man!"

;D

I want to write a book too... but probably not about Santa Claus... might have the black guy from House of Phase that trimmed my beard before I went to Miami, though.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

That reminds me of some comedian taking a trip on a small plane with a Jamacian man and they hit turbulance and he's like "are we okay?" and the captain comes on the plane and says "Don't worry man, I ain't ever died in a plane crash yet."

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Politically correct bedtime stories.

{"name":"facepalm.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/1\/01958c2602472c01df900dd5112500f7.jpg","w":300,"h":300,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/1\/01958c2602472c01df900dd5112500f7"}facepalm.jpg

I got excited because I thought for sure it was a joke, but apparently the author took it completely seriously... :-/

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

No, it's a joke. =D It's just full deadpan satire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politically_Correct_Bedtime_Stories

But, what isn't a joke, is how much that 1994 book has become a reality.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The author doesn't seem to imply that it's satire at all. Maybe it was obvious in 1994, but sadly today it is not. In fact, today it looks like SJW writing. It's as if they were read to from this book as children and their brains warped. :D

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

The author doesn't seem to imply that it's satire at all.

That's deadpan! :)

-----sig:

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Isn't this what they call "Poe's Law"?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Even if he meant it to be satire, without saying so the book becomes material for SJWs. I found this quote on goodbooks.com:

I had wanted to use this book in a classroom setting, but since the stories were changed not only to include "politically correct" ideas, but also immorality and murder, I think I'll pass.

So apparently there was some kind of teacher or assistant that thought the PC language was perfect to teach her children. It's only saving grace being a sprinkling of apparently adult themes such as immorality and murder (according to her) that made her pass.

In a way, his work now becomes a weapon for the very thing he meant to stand against.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

In a way, his work now becomes a weapon for the very thing he meant to stand against.

Yeah, but careful, that's a SJW stance though. That teacher is a butthole and will FIND materials to support his or her political agenda--regardless of whether or not satire exists.

It's the SJW stance that "even if you don't INTEND to empower nazis/racists/sexists/bigots" you "still are IN EFFECT" "empowering" them, or "giving them a platform" and therefor you must be censored lest some moron, somewhere, uses your creation to further their stupidity.

And I firmly believe that this stance is a race to the bottom where we're left with nothing creative at all. There is no limit to human stupidity, so should we really censor even our greatest works of art, because some human is going to read a book and think, "I misinterpret this book to tell me I need to assassinate the president" like with Catcher-in-The-Rye?

99 times out of a 100, I'd say a good rule of thumb is, "people who ban books are the bad guys." (Likewise with banning ideas.)

{"name":"hitler2.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/1\/71167e05a8b2e955287ef8b56f8432e9.jpg","w":400,"h":257,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/1\/71167e05a8b2e955287ef8b56f8432e9"}hitler2.jpg

{"name":"trumpbooks.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/5\/65ca50b6e579f9550925514f9c96f40c.jpg","w":752,"h":440,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/5\/65ca50b6e579f9550925514f9c96f40c"}trumpbooks.jpg

If it were up to me, books like Mein Kampf would be taught in every school. (OMFG? WHAT? /MSM_out_of_context_snip) Because if we're ever going to defeat the ideas in that book, teenagers should be exposed to them and learn why those ideas are wrong, as opposed to simply hiding the bad books and hoping our "stupid" children never accidentally see a Nazi pamphlet and magically become a Neo-nazi overnight. (Does that ever !@$!@ing happen? I mean, how stupid do liberals think people are? Like all men need to do is see a "don't beat women!" billboard or NFL advertisement with a black-eyed woman crying, and they'll magically stop hitting their wives...) But I'm an outlier. I think children should actually learn and grow to think critically in school. Crazy idea, eh?

[edit] One more point about Mein Kampf. What would have more lasting effect? Hiding Mein Kampf and teaching kids to fear it like it has some sort of magical effect that will brainwash you if you read it. (Read: Treating it like it has power.) Or, showing kids texts from the book and how science and reality prove it's full of crap. Like how Germany's entire eugenics program couldn't even defeat our black athlete Jesse Owens--an "inferior" race according to him.

{"name":"Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-G00630%2C_Sommerolympiade%2C_Siegerehrung_Weitsprung.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/448f4809d527754ef8e7fb01d49e73bf.jpg","w":798,"h":566,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/448f4809d527754ef8e7fb01d49e73bf"}Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-G00630%2C_Sommerolympiade%2C_Siegerehrung_Weitsprung.jpg

Likewise, one reason I hold comedy (and art) sacred (and attack any political party that censors it, be it left or right wing) is the power of comedy to dethrown political figures--even ones as powerful as Hitler:

{"name":"rhetoric-does-not-get-you-anywhere-because-hitler-and-mussolini-are-just-as-good-at-rhetoric-but-if-you-can-bring-these-people-down-with-comedy-they-stand-no-chance-49329.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/1\/f1f5b30cdd061134a41f9bc4e49b2c60.jpg","w":850,"h":440,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/1\/f1f5b30cdd061134a41f9bc4e49b2c60"}rhetoric-does-not-get-you-anywhere-because-hitler-and-mussolini-are-just-as-good-at-rhetoric-but-if-you-can-bring-these-people-down-with-comedy-they-stand-no-chance-49329.jpg

Contrast that today with liberals going out of their way to PROTECT and APOLOGIZE to Kim Jong Il for the movie The Interview, a movie about comedians assassinating the leader of North Korea.

Imperialism and The Interview: The Racist Dehumanization of North Korea

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I wasn't suggesting that he shouldn't have written it or even been allowed to. If anything, it should just reiterate to us to be careful what we say/write, and clarify (in a footnote or something) what you mean if it's intentionally misleading.

It doesn't really seem like a case of misunderstanding. I read the intro and first story: Little Red Riding Hood. The way its written makes it look sincere. In that sense, it's understandable to mistake it's meaning. That's what I mean by being careful about what you say. In this instance, the forward probably should have noted that this was satire so that the reader understood the tone of the book. Or it should have just been written in such a way to make it more clear that it wasn't serious. In any case, it's a somewhat dangerous work that walks the line.

What struck me is that it wasn't even very good; at least, from the one story I read. It wasn't just brilliant and funny. It was very dry (deadpan, as you put it). So what's the point? Perhaps it's just because I'm not much a reader to begin with, but I could barely stomach one of the short stories. :) Makes me wonder who the target audience was. Albeit, it was a different time in 1994 so it might have been more edgy then.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I definitely have problems with anyone and any book like this which is clearly written to influence impressionable young minds.

They certainly have no place in our schools. This sort of thing should at the very least, be left up to parents to teach their children as they see fit.

Schools should be for learning the basics, read, writing and arithmetic. Period.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

To be clear, I'm not "really" suggesting Mein Kampf should be in schools. I'm using an extreme position to illustrate my points. Books aren't dangerous (dangerous people WILL FIND dangerous books), that literally everything is dangerous to a sociopath/psychopath so we're left with nothing at all, and that "evil" books should be exposed to young adults (highschool or college) so that they can understand them, in context, and realize they have no real power except the power we grant them, and that they're full of logical inconsistencies.

Mein Kampf should be learned from by every student... so we don't have another in the future.

We should all be aware of the failures that led to the creation of things like Hitler (and Stalin!) so we don't let them happen again. HOWEVER, it's not that simple because the reason Hitler happened is because they'd never had a Hitler before. Nobody is going to be Hitler again. The next Hitler is going to be unique and only by openly analyzing the signs/patterns that may lead to such an evil person, can we predict and stop the next one.

-----sig:

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Sadly, another "Hitler" is coming, and from the same nation that spawned the last one, due to a variety of factors, including the Muslim invasion in that and other nations as well as the tensions between the USA and Europe... WW3 is on the horizon.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It is really funny to watch EU politics play out and how they don't realize they're literally creating the next generation of disenfranchised groups that create fascist wars.

The Treaty of Versailles after WW1 crippled Germany and literally created the environment that allowed "a Hitler" to become leader of Germany and every evil of WW2. They don't come out of no where like wizards. You crush people, you tell them they're "the bullies" even as you oppress them, you tell them their problems aren't real. The more innocent people you oppress, the more backlash emotions and willingness to act, you create.

The way liberals are pissing on conservatives, Christians, white people, straight people, and men, they're literally creating the environment for backlash. And there's NO guarantee that the backlash will be an ethical one.

Watch what feminists do any time 5-10 men who want "men's rights" get together. They outnumber them 20-to-1 and shout and scream at them as if a couple of guys getting together to talk about "men's issues" is somehow a threat. The more you bully those guys, the more of them are going to become bitter and want revenge.

-----sig:

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

{"name":"krampus.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/3\/a3f8e9d895497a1e27a02f32b6b8371f.jpg","w":400,"h":364,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/3\/a3f8e9d895497a1e27a02f32b6b8371f"}krampus.jpg
Well, we've all known that, but we've politely not discussed it openly. Santa and Krampus have always been lovers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

dusthillresident
Member #16,778
December 2017

Just wondering, what's wrong with Santa having a black husband?

Neil Roy said:

I definitely have problems with anyone and any book like this which is clearly written to influence impressionable young minds.

Would you have problems with impressionable young minds being influenced by other books, like for example, the bible?

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

What's wrong is they're rewriting a very old traditional cultural figure for SJW purposes.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Kind of like how George Takai was pissed they made Sulu gay in the new Star Trek.

He was like, [paraphrased] "I, the actor, am gay. Sulu, the character I was playing, was not gay. And they should create NEW compelling characters that are gay, instead of rewriting history and converting old characters."

-----sig:

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Would you have problems with impressionable young minds being influenced by other books, like for example, the bible?

Not at all, if what the books teach is right and good, like what the Bible teaches, than I don't have a problem with it at all. I only have a problem with teaching deviate, perverted behaviours and lies.

dusthillresident
Member #16,778
December 2017

Neil Roy said:

if what the books teach is right and good, like what the Bible teaches

With respect, I think we have polar opposite ideas about what's right and good.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

lul

"Don't murder"

dusthillresident: "Stop oppressing me!!!"

-----sig:

Go to: