Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Bill Nye the Science Guy has reached Uber Sentience

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Bill Nye the Science Guy has reached Uber Sentience
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

All this time I've been respecting Bill Nye as a role model. I didn't realize he's reached the next level of sentience. Sentience that thinks this is acceptable and interesting:

video

Gender is a social construct. I'm 100% convinced now. I've seen the error of my OH OH OH ways.

{"name":"tumblr_o36ksesYu11sa5cpro1_500.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/2\/52705b9b13eb100666cb1c3a04ea7662.gif","w":500,"h":225,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/2\/52705b9b13eb100666cb1c3a04ea7662"}tumblr_o36ksesYu11sa5cpro1_500.gif

Fun fact: George Soros bought 33 million in Netflix stock this year, a media that also included the new show "Dear White People". Coincidence?

Hey also started buying Alphabet (ala Google). Interesting how they're rolling out "fact checkers" on news now.

He was also involved in Disney/Marvel. Which is also pumping out SJW manta into their comics. Co-oh-oh-oh-incidence?

Looks like they know that TV isn't the brainwashing tool it once was, so they've moved to follow the new mediums. Like YouTube and Netflix.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Gross.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

OH MY GOD. IT GETS WORSE. HOW COULD IT GET WORSE?

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/04/25/scarred-for-life-bill-nye-sexualizes-ice-cream-with-bonus-swipe-at-christians/

Bill Nye's show features an ICE CREAM SEX ORGY. Where a bunch of "bi" multicolored ice cream flavors basically peer-pressure a white "vanilla" ice cream into becoming a big pile of ice cream orgy sex.

WHAT.... WHAT?!??!?! Skip to 2:30 minutes in and weep for humanity.

video

[edit]

Or the full video:

video

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I have fully accepted homosexuality and bisexuality as things. I think the only thing that I struggle to accept is transsexuals. And I don't mean if I see one I stone them. I just mean, I'm not sure it's healthy or real, and I really question the politics to allow individuals to decide their own facilities when facilities are shared. It's not about how you "feel". It's about how your parts fit. Your mental health is a separate problem. That's where I draw the line, for now.

As for Bill Nye, let's not pretend he's some millionaire free to just sit at home slurping scotch. I imagine his finances are a present concern and he's happy to take any job they'll give him, particularly if there's an ounce of science involved.

I think that the general message is meant to be positive. I challenge people's rights to access facilities labeled for the opposite biological sex because it's public or shared, but what goes on behind closed doors is their own business.

Of course, I also disagree with the notion that men and women are "equal" based on the premise that in modern day society we don't actually consider them equal in any way shape or form. When it comes to matters of sex or gender I think what matters most is the truth, whatever that happens to be, and there's no room for politics. The only thing that matters is science i.e,. truth/knowledge.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

In this day and age, you can "identify" as anything; a man can "identify" as being a woman, a white woman can "identify" as being black, and Bill Nye can "identify" as being a scientist.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

I like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but in general it's entertaining and while it's occasionally crass, it's not over the top SJW.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

When and if we truly do get to identify as we please the most awesome seems to be "attack helicopter" so far. If it comes to it that's what I'm going to be.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Did anyone watch the whole thing? She's actually out of breathe and has trouble kicking during her dance.

I mean... this is like... a highschool presentation "rap" about abstinence in the 90's. Except instead of pleasing Jesus, now we're pleasing George Soros. (#HisWillBeDone)

[edit]

Don't Copy That Floppy has higher production values. And the guy... doesn't run out of breathe through the song.

video

-----sig:

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

video

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@Neil: *triggered* >:(

Edit:

Have any of you seen "#HeartProgress" on Twitter? It's a jumbled mess, but apparently it's tied to pedophilia. Some people using the hashtag want to lower the age of sexual consent, while others want to normalize pedophilia and be grafted into LGBTQ etc.

Sexuality is a spectrum, apparently, but people on Twitting talking about LGBTQ etc say that pedophilia is not on that spectrum. I guess it's like with free speech--only the speech that they like is permitted, and the rest is a "micro aggression".

I'm not condoning, encouraging, or endorsing pedophilia, so don't get any bad ideas. I just find it interesting how crazy these things are. Men are women, women are men, whites are black, blacks are white, sexual perversions are "normal". What a screwed up time this is.

Double edit:

{"name":"bill.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/1\/61745fca8614c1afec661f92b599377d.jpg","w":430,"h":845,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/1\/61745fca8614c1afec661f92b599377d"}bill.jpg ;D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

bamccaig said:

When and if we truly do get to identify as we please the most awesome seems to be "attack helicopter" so far. If it comes to it that's what I'm going to be.

Be careful what you wish for...

{"name":"apache.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/6\/76b1361d65662e76f3e15de490b964b4.jpg","w":719,"h":647,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/6\/76b1361d65662e76f3e15de490b964b4"}apache.jpg

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Whoa, whoa, being an attack helicopter does not automatically make you the property of the US government.

But still that's a funny image. :) To nitpick, I've never heard anybody claim to be an "Apache".

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I identify as a Patriot Missile. ;D

-----sig:

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I do love a good cringe video. I think that dislike ratio sets a new record :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I saw this earlier today and figured it was made up. Then I checked the facts, and it's actually true.

{"name":"ec3.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/0\/40e5a842183d2199eeea3647a4d94814.jpg","w":960,"h":754,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/0\/40e5a842183d2199eeea3647a4d94814"}ec3.jpg

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

Eric Johnson beat me to it: Pedophiles want to take political action to "prove" they can't help themselves because they were "born that way" and legalize/normalize the behavior. At this rate I really wouldn't be surprised with necrophiliacs and animal "lovers" hopping on the train as well.

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I could never stand Bill Nye. He's an atheistic priest of evolutionism.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

I have fond memories of his old show, perhaps more specifically the theme song.

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Elverion
Member #6,239
September 2005

bamccaig said:

I think the only thing that I struggle to accept is transsexuals. And I don't mean if I see one I stone them. I just mean, I'm not sure it's healthy or real, and I really question the politics to allow individuals to decide their own facilities when facilities are shared.

That's not different than denying anything else that's pretty well scientifically accepted. Essentially all prominent organizations across the world that deal with the medical treatment and scientific study of transgender people agree that absolutely it is real and there's no way to deal with it other than to let that person be themselves and transition as they see fit, whether that be medically with hormones or socially in their presentation.

I've personally spoken with Dr. Graham Peveller quite extensively about the physiological, medical, and science behind being being transgender, among other topics. This is a man with about 40 years of experience treating trans patients and has more degrees than I care to count. Hell, this man helped to develop the WPATH's SOC for trans people. In short, he knows his stuff. The most interesting thing he had told me about was what he believed to possibly be the (or at least a) reason that transgender people come about. Early in the development of a human, the brain and body of the fetus is essentially the same regardless of sex, and a few weeks in is when the mother's body is supposed to react to the sex of the baby and provide proper hormone levels for development. That is, by default the baby is subjected to higher estrogen, and should the mother's body see her baby as male, it should instead ramp up testosterone levels. Sometimes things get mixed up and mistakes are made at the critical time in the baby's life when the brain develops. As it turns out, there's physical differences between genders, and this has been observed in transgender people; a trans woman has a brain that more closely fits a female brain, and trans man has a brain that more closely fits the male brain. Tests done on lab rats, focused on modifying the sex hormones during early development, have shown this to be a very real possibility, but you know science never claims anything as fact.

I had also spoke with Dr. Carol Clark just last year. She focuses more on sexual wellness, dealing with rape victims and that sort of thing, but also has an interest in transgender people. Again, everything I had learned from her suggests that it is very real, very normal, and unable to be controlled in the same way that any of your other personality traits cannot. It is her opinion that transgender people are not mentally unhealthy (which, by the way, no accredited mental health organization assumes that transgender people are mentally unhealthy) unless it is due to anxiety or depression brought on by how they are treated by people around them (gee, it's almost like constantly being harassed, bullied, assaulted, and treated like garbage aren't good for you or something).

I'm getting way too wordy on this so I'm going to speed this up. Dr. Anne Vitale is very much interested in the science behind these things. She has again stated that trans people are not mentally unhealthy outside of anxiety or depression from being mistreated. Additionally, I learned from her that trans people do typically begin to feel the onset of anxiety around their gender at about the time of puberty when their body is beginning to be subjected to the wrong hormone. Some have claimed in the past that you can "straighten out" a trans women by subjecting her to higher doses of testosterone, or a trans man by providing him with anti-androgens and/or increased estrogen. There was absolutely no basis for those claims, according to Vitale, and a trans person does not suffer from having too little of the hormone their body is producing, but rather that their brain is receiving the wrong hormone entirely. On the topic of genital reconstructive surgery, many people claim that trans people will absolutely regret it. Again, according to Dr. Vitale, that is entirely false and studies have shown that in fact generally less than 1% of people that undergo such surgery regret it for any reason. I had also had a chance to speak (if only briefly) with Dr. Christine McGinn on the specifics of these types of surgeries but that's not really on-topic here.

An ex-girlfriend of mine was a published author and professor at NIU where she had taught gender (and more specifically, transgender) studies among other things. I had read her work and listened to her life stories and I can tell you she absolutely was no different from any other girl outside of the fact that she was raised as a boy.

I could keep going on all day but I honestly doubt many will bother reading all of what I've provided so far, let alone more. Still, if you're interested, why not check out some work from professionals in the field? Seems there's a pretty good consensus, and denying that is no better than denying climate change.

So, on the topic of bathroom choice. Why does it bother you? There's little to no cases of a trans person ever sexually assaulting, "peeping", or anything else out of the ordinary. Ever. While the GOP in this country made such a big deal out of that narrative, they could not site even ONE case of it happening ever. Yet, about 70% transgender people experience harassment and assault quite regularly. Within the last few years, the murder rates of trans women has been skyrocketing; go ahead and check the FBI's statistics on that. I mean, if you can read things like this and think that's acceptable, you're a monster. Transgender people are not the problem here. They are the victim. Forcing trans people to out themselves and place themselves into a vulnerable place is only going to make things worse.

--
SolarStrike Software - MicroMacro home - Automation software.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I don't think most people doubt that transsexuality is a real condition. It's the ridiculous claims of the more "postmodern" gender activists that most people have an issue with. I really wish they would go away. To me they seem just as "religious" as the Christian conservatives wanting to "pray the gay away". You can't choose your own gender, it's chosen for you by biology. Through a process that sometimes fails, unfortunately. Perhaps it is helpful to view it as analogous with sexual orientation.

By the way, I'll bet that the gender activists would protest it if they start testing a cure for body dysphoria that doesn't involve a sex change :-/

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

torhu said:

By the way, I'll bet that the gender activists would protest it if they start testing a cure for body dysphoria that doesn't involve a sex change :-/

I've thought the same thing regarding homosexuality. If a "cure" was being developed or tested, all hell would likely break loose. The movie "X-Men: The Last Stand" follows a similar premise: a cure is found for mutants, which causes some mutants to rejoice, whilst others become pissed off and start stirring up chaos.

But that's true for a lot of science these days. Much of science is bought and paid for to suit particular agendas. If someone goes against the grain, they may be ostracized. But that's another topic entirely, I suppose.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

This thread has so many tropes! A George Soros conspiracy! Mistakenly thinking gender and sex are exact synonyms! Disregarding science as biased and politicalized because it presents facts contrary to your views! Discrediting transsexuality! Comparing LGBT+ to pedophilia! Anti-evolutionary criticisms! Curing homosexuality!

This thread probably wins every "right-wing talking point" Bingo card permutation!

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

At least we can all agree that autism causes vaccines, right?

Edit

Here's a clip from an old Bill Nye episode:

Quote:

See, inside each of our cells are these things called "chromosomes". And they control whether we become a boy or a girl.

*Triggered (again)* :o

https://youtu.be/uLd3O0O0k-8?t=490

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It's almost like the majority of the world doesn't actually believe what comes down from the liberal elites. ;D

-----sig:

1   2   3   4 

Go to: