Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Beware the contributor covenant code of conduct

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Beware the contributor covenant code of conduct
Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I have schizophrenia. Do you think I should be legally prevented from obtaining a firearm to defend my own home?

Yes. Definitely yes.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

bamccaig said:

That point is already moot because (a) Boston occupation; your people had their chance and took it in the without lube instead of resisting

That is hardly the best example as Massachusetts is already one of the least gun friendly states. If they tried that in Texas, it would not have gone down the same way.

Quote:

If you really want a fighting chance against your government then disarm your government.

That is a good argument, but I don't believe enough of the military is corrupt enough for the government to establish a dictatorship. Too many service men and women are real patriots.

Bodily autonomy for the living is more important than bodily autonomy for the not-yet-living.

A fetus that has life signs can die. How is that not categorizable as being alive? Conditions of viability outside the womb being required for a person to be considered alive have more basis in politics than science.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

raynebc said:

Too many service men and women are real patriots.

Unfortunately you and them might have different ideas of "patriot". If the government tells them it's best for the people, who are they going to stand with? The government or the resistance?

In Iraq they knew something was wrong when they were over there. The information they were getting was bad. Every time. ZOMG, WMD are heres! Every time, there's nothing, and the CIA isn't that incompetent. Still, how many said fuck this and came home in chains? How many picked up a gun and shot men, woman, and children that they couldn't understand instead?

raynebc said:

A fetus that has life signs can die. How is that not categorizable as being alive? Conditions of viability outside the womb being required for a person to be considered alive have more basis in politics than science.

Mosquitoes, spiders, and mice are alive too. We don't mind killing them arbitrarily. What sets the fetus apart from humans is that it's not an intelligent life form with feelings. You can terminate it at a relatively early stage (IIUC, abortion is only typically allowed in the first 3 months) before it has developed into anything resembling intelligent life.

It's beside the point, but we also readily allow the brutal slaughter of intelligent lifeforms of all kinds that can feel the brutality for reasons ranging from sport to cuisine to inconvenience to ignorance.

Append:

Although I'm not sure why I'm referencing other animal species when society as a whole, though not necessarily me, also tolerate the murder of men, women, and children. For example, see Iraq War.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc said:

That is incorrect. Maybe you meant to say semi-automatic long rifle? I've said it many times before, but "assault weapon" is a meaningless political bogeyman that endlessly morphs to suit whatever set of features the left wants to focus on. Too many people conflate that made up term with "assault rifle" (which has a specific definition).

So maybe I don't have the specific terms down, but I clearly stated what I was talking about : "high power, high capacity, high ROF". Assault rifles shouldn't be in the hands of the public either.

raynebc said:

Facts are that hand guns are used in more gun deaths, and the vast majority of the gun deaths in this country are suicides. The anti-gun politicians would love to claim they aren't going to take away the public's guns, they are just going to ban all the most popular types of guns, magazines and ammunition. If that happens to take peoples' guns away, they don't give a damn.

Gun control != Gun ban. Get real. Try to be a little less hysterical about how we're going to take all your guns away, and maybe I'll believe you are responsible enough to own one.

raynebc said:

the products that they produce are made for one thing and one thing only, mass murder.

Are you serious or are you putting on some kind of ridiculous persona right now? If you are serious, put aside your misconceptions and study the issue with a clear mind instead of buying into the anti-gun hysteria.

The only one getting hysterical here is you. It's a simple honest truth. Guns are only good for one thing. Killing people and animals and life in all its forms. That's what they were made for, that's what they do best.

DizzyEgg said:

I have schizophrenia. Do you think I should be legally prevented from obtaining a firearm to defend my own home?

Yes. Definitely yes.

So I don't deserve the right to defend myself? What gives you the right as a chronic drug user to defend yourself either? Marijuana causes psychosis, and it's probably one of the reasons I have schizophrenia to begin with. I used to be a giant pothead just like you. One day you're gonna end up being me if you're not careful.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Okay...let's not get into the abortion debate (I'm anti-abortion for the record).

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Okay...let's not get into the abortion debate (I'm anti-abortion for the record).

Are you anti-prostitution?

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Gun control != Gun ban.

They said that about cigarettes too.

In 1965, in the name of health, tobacco zealots successfully got Congress to enact the Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act. A few years later, they were successful in getting a complete smoking ban on planes, and that success emboldened them to seek many other bans. The issue here is not smoking but tyrant strategy. Suppose that in 1965, the tobacco tyrants demanded that Congress enact a law banning smoking in bars, in workplaces, in restaurants, in apartments, within 25 feet of entrances, in ballparks, on beaches, on sidewalks and in other places. Had they revealed and demanded their full agenda back in 1965, there would have been so much resistance that they wouldn't have gotten anything. By the way, much of their later success was a result of a bogus Environmental Protection Agency study on secondhand smoke. I'd like to hear whether EPA scientists are willing to declare that people can die from secondhand smoke at a beach, on a sidewalk, in a park or within 25 feet of a building.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Are you anti-prostitution?

Nope.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Quote:

Nope.

So you believe prostitution should be legal, but abortion should be illegal? Is this right? Or do you believe prostitution is moral, but abortion is immoral?

If yes to either, how can you form a consistent worldview in which abortion is wrong but prostitution is not?

The only consistent worldview with these two positions I can possibly think of is a socially liberal worldview in which you also value all sentient life--i.e., life that can have subjective experiences although not necessarily have developed higher cognitive functions like selfhood. This means you'd be have to be a vegetarian or think vegetarianism is ideally better than being a carnivore/omnivore, at the very least. So I guess I might also ask: do you think vegetarianism is better than being a carnivore/omnivore, or are you a vegetarian?

edit: ok I should be done thinking of and then asking further questions until a response.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Where did I say I thought either was immoral?

According to women the only argument they can ever give for abortion is "my body, my choice". Choosing to have sex without protection falls under "my body, my choice". Pregnancy is the consequence of having sex. Abortion is not and should not be a get out of responsibility free card. In my view, there are only three situation in which abortion should be legal 1) the pregnancy puts the woman's health in danger; 2) the couple did practice safe sex (condoms & birth control) and still got pregnant; 3) the pregnancy was a result of rape. Putting the child up for adoption is also a choice. So yes I think abortion should be illegal because too many women use it as a way to erase them not thinking in the heat of passion to avoid having to be adults for their actions.

Men that helped create the baby should obviously be tagged to give financial support.

They should help raise the child since they helped create him/her. That doesn't mean they need to get married or anything crazy like that. The responsibility, in my view, always fall on both for their single night of lust. There are too many people trying to avoid responsibility for their actions.

Let's not forget that feminists are claiming that a woman can revoke consent the next day and charge the guy with rape if she regrets it. So feminists aren't the best for arguing for abortion either right now.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

You said you were anti-abortion. What am I to take from that? Anti- generally means 'opposed' and wouldn't be used if you simply don't like something. In your case, it seems abortion is acceptable in arbitrary situations, so you're not 'anti-abortion' so much as you are against the completely arbitrary distinction of having an abortion after sex without protection.

If you are having sex for recreation, and do not want a baby, then carrying a pregnancy should not be a consequence of sex, regardless of the protection used. Do you think people who, say, ride a bicycle without a helmet should not receive medical care if they are in an accident? Should rugby players not receive medical care, since unlike the similar sport of American football, they don't use any protective gear? Etc, etc, etc...

If you think so: your simple views of consequence are juvenile at best and are not respectable.

There is no reason to expect a women to carry to term if she does not want the child, because it is a clear violation of her right to bodily autonomy. By arguing otherwise, you are simply creating arbitrary exceptions to the idea of bodily autonomy. You--and only you--should have the final choice when it comes to your body.

If you have unwanted growths, or some part of your body is making you sick, or whatever--you have the right to remove those parts of your body. And up until the fetus is no longer depending on the women--i.e., it is out of her body--it is her right to decide what is done with it.

edit: and of course you have to add some bullshit feminazi boogeyman crap. Why not?

You know, anti-feminists want to legislate wombs! Anti-feminists want to punish women! That's it, anti-feminists hate women, simple as that! By making generalizations about an incredibly broad group of people, you are no better than those you decry! And if you aren't aware, that is an example of your hypocrisy from the feminist caricature you constantly reference, not views I actually hold about the 'anti-feminist' group.

edit 2: Ok, look, you're a programmer. Do you think it's fair that programmers are often represented as socially inept and introverted? And often enough, creepy or unhygienic or obsessed? Surely not! Do you feel the need to call out lazy programmers who build crappy software, whenever someone says so? Surely not!

By saying 'feminists are X' or 'feminists do X' or 'feminists believe X', you are no better than those who would say programmers are socially inept, they are creepy, or they are lazy, or whatever else.

---
they / she

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Do you think people who, say, ride a bicycle without a helmet should not receive medical care if they are in an accident? Should rugby players not receive medical care, since unlike the similar sport of American football, they don't use any protective gear?

You are aware that many states actually have laws in place to fine people who don't wear helmets? Sure they can get medical aid, but they still suffer the consequences of not having the helmet (injury and fine). Same with sports, some sports have laws in place to where if the player isn't wearing the proper gear they can be legally penalized.

Quote:

bullshit feminazi boogeyman crap. Why not?

So a transgender feminist saying you can retroactively revoke consent is a boogeyman? Are you transphobic?

Quote:

example of your hypocrisy

I see you watch too much feminist propaganda while ignoring the feminists that interrupt meetings about men's health. While ignoring that anyone that disagrees with a feminist is labeled sexist, MRA, and fems can't even agree between their own groups about what feminism is. They are SO about supremacy...err...I mean equality!

video

video

<ojbect data="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u28qQ8hGj-s" />

Quote:

edit 2: Ok, look, you're a programmer. Do you think it's fair that programmers are often represented as socially inept and introverted? And often enough, creepy or unhygienic or obsessed? Surely not! Do you feel the need to call out lazy programmers who build crappy software, whenever someone says so? Surely not!

By saying 'feminists are X' or 'feminists do X' or 'feminists believe X', you are no better than those who would say programmers are socially inept, they are creepy, or they are lazy, or whatever else.

Sorry, that made me laugh. Seeing as I've watched feminists say just that about gamers for two fucking years now.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Until you address some problems, there is no point whatsoever in discussions with you, because it will be so incredibly repetitious. Do you know why?

You're ignorant.

You lack the means to critically examine your own beliefs, let alone arguments and statements made by others.

You are quick to reject anything that does not agree with your existing, and all together, dissonant worldview, while you are quick to accept anything that does agree with it.

You think you're an independent thinker unlike the rest because you listen to independent YouTubers and read independent journalist's articles on independent websites, while in fact you are being spoon-fed opinions via the persuasive methods used by these biased YouTubers and biased journalists and biased websites.

You lack the reading comprehension skills to identify the appeal to emotion used to prey on you and exploit your bias, and you lack the critical thinking skills to examine the argument and verify credibility of any data presented.

You don't recognize these failings and project them on others who disagree with you.

And best of all, you are going to say no, it is I who am guilty of all the above, not you! So!

I am ignorant! There is a great lot I don't know. I work towards reducing my ignorance, but it's a monumental task that requires a great amount of time! Over the past couple years I have greatly refined my views, and I'd say a good few are sound, but there's so many that are still questionable! It's a never ending task, since the only thing I definitely know is that we can't be absolutely (i.e., 100% flat; 99.999999% is not absolute!) certain of anything!

I don't have a hard time critically examining my beliefs! It's something I do whenever my beliefs are called into question. It's something I do whenever I find a belief of mine unsatisfactory, or when some new information contradicts it. Am I perfect? Definitely not! I have made mistakes and will continue to do so. But I learn, and will come closer to a sound worldview over time!

I reject ideas I have found wrong with great certainty! I don't re-examine evidence for the theory of evolution by natural selection whenever I encounter a faulty argument. But if I have a belief, and a reasoned and supported argument is made contrary, I will examine the belief! Similarly, if I hold a belief, and a poorly-reasoned argument is made in favor, I reject the argument, because coming to the right conclusion the wrong way means the conclusion is little better than chance!

I'm not guilty of falling for the idea that media doesn't influence me! That's why I use a various of news sources for non-scholarly things! That's why I eliminate all-around negative influences of the media when possible, such as advertisements! But for things that require evidence, and data--I go to the author or journal articles, I read the article, and I examine the data if possible! I don't read the editorialized summary by a some media rag and accept it!

I can say I don't have poor reading comprehension skills! I usually spend about a couple hours (i.e., two hours) a week reading dense works--poetry and prose! I've memorized some poetry--like T.S. Eliot's "The Hollow Men" in the past two? three? months--and always work towards expanding, with Ozymandias by Percy Shelley next! Recently I read a few transcendentalist works, and I've been reading Paradise Lost when I can! When I read a post, I take the time to carefully ensure I understand, and if not, I ask for clarification rather than making assumptions!

So I do recognize my failings! But that's the nice thing: I don't necessarily have to be know the answer or be right to recognize when someone is wrong. How nice!

How nice!!

---
they / she

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

So you insult me and then spend the rest of the post bragging about how you are better? Are you insecure? Are you needing praise for not being able to handle opinions different than yours without insults to ones intellect? Do I need to do feminist snaps to not offend you further?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

You guys seem to be just vomiting from the keyboard without making any sense.

Aaron, you talk a big game of "data" and "references", but if you actually attempt to verify your references they don't back your claim. You also do a terrible job of citing them. I digress. In other words, you're no better, except your arguments also don't make sense (to me at least). It appears to be only in your mind that you're doing actual, hardcore research with references and data to make claims. The few times you do post data or references they just don't support your ideas.

Specter, you've actually impressed me lately. I hate to say it, but I've found you actually making meaningful contributions to the discussion! Arguing that "abortion" is wrong when sex is unprotected just makes you look jealous of people having sex though... Seriously. Abortion is always good. In fact, abortion is especially good for men that wanted casual sex for fun and don't want to pay for the baby. The only real problem with "abortion" is that women are granted full reproductive power. We need to give men equal power over the decision to abort, keep, support, give up, or raise a baby. You can give men the right to opt out without forcing the woman to risk her body or health. You made the argument that it's OK to have an abortion where protection is used, but unless you plan to implant all vaginas with surveillance systems we won't know whether they did or not (you might think that's a great idea, but I've seen those angles and they're really not...). Ultimately, you sound like you do support abortion, but you're somehow convinced you have to be against it because of religion or blue balls or who the fuck knows. It sort of hurts your credibility in this entire debate to be so confused and wrong, and you were doing so well! Well, in my opinion on all counts. Others are welcome to their own.

I think we need to take a break. Things are getting monotonous in here. Maybe this will help to lighten the mood...

{"name":"Call_f9b080_174971.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/3\/3322c1f29b63e3b1e8dc36288e8f6aaa.jpg","w":421,"h":604,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/3\/3322c1f29b63e3b1e8dc36288e8f6aaa"}Call_f9b080_174971.jpg

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

bamccaig said:

Unfortunately you and them might have different ideas of "patriot".

Being unwilling to turn against and attack the citizens of one's own country, despite orders from commanding officers, is one litmus test I'd use for being a patriot.

Quote:

Mosquitoes, spiders, and mice are alive too. We don't mind killing them arbitrarily.

Those are easily considered pest species. At the very least, mosquitoes and mice are known for spreading some of the major communicable diseases that plague humans.

Quote:

What sets the fetus apart from humans is that it's not an intelligent life form with feelings.

Neither are people in comas or in vegetative states, but they are still granted a right to live.

Assault rifles shouldn't be in the hands of the public either.

They generally aren't. Homicides in the US committed with assault rifles almost never happen. Keep in mind if a gun cannot fire more than one bullet per pull of the trigger, it is not an assault rifle.

Quote:

Gun control != Gun ban

Naive.

Quote:

The only one getting hysterical here is you.

Wrong. It really is amazing you can't see the content of your own posts. Guns aren't made for the purpose of mass murder like you knowingly lied about. They are made to fire bullets, and can be used for various legitimate uses including self defense, hunting and sport.

And up until the fetus is no longer depending on the women--i.e., it is out of her body--it is her right to decide what is done with it.

I probably will never agree with this viewpoint. If a fetus was just another part of the woman's body, it would have the woman's DNA but it does not. Even if steps were taken to prevent pregnancy, sex between a man and a women is procreation. That has always been the primary biological purpose of sex (recreation being secondary). Choosing to do what feels good instead of what is right is a big part of what's wrong with humanity.

bamccaig said:

We need to give men equal power over the decision to abort, keep, support, give up, or raise a baby.

I find this is a reasonable step forward for actual equality (what feminism claims to strive for). Men are required to pay child support entirely on the mother's whim about whether to keep the baby or not.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

bamccaig said:

you're somehow convinced you have to be against it because of religion or blue balls or who the fuck knows.

They will never make it illegal, I know that, but it doesn't change my view of thinking it should be illegal.

As for religion, those who use that as an excuse for it being illegal do so by using the same line: "It's a sin against God!" I'm not exactly on a talking basis with God so I don't stress over that aspect.

A person suffering from blue balls; I would imagine they would be all for abortion and starting to line up any woman that would have sex with them from 18 years of age to ~50 years of age.

As for why I'm anti-abortion, it's because I'm a father and I would have spent the rest of my life depressed wondering what the baby would have grown up to be if my wife aborted him. I've met a couple of women whom had abortions and grew up regretting it. I've read stories for anti-abortion about how some women told about their abortions in high school, deciding to have kids later and have bouts of depression due to wondering about the kind of person the aborted baby would have grown up to be. Because of those experiences, I just can't wrap my head around how people can have abortions and never look back.

People don't like my view on it and I am fine with that. That is the whole point of freedom of speech. It's just my opinion on the matter as a father and husband. I'm not a politician and I have zero pull to have any bills passed so I'm no threat to people that are gung-ho for abortion.

That is also why I didn't care that Aaron attacked my intellect over my opinions. He may view me as ignorant, but I feel it is more damaging to go on the attack over differing views.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I don't need a gun to defend myself thanks - and being stoned isn't the same as being schizophrenic, so stop talking arse.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

bamccaig said:

Aaron, you talk a big game of "data" and "references", but if you actually attempt to verify your references they don't back your claim. You also do a terrible job of citing them. I digress. In other words, you're no better, except your arguments also don't make sense (to me at least).

I really don't think you have ever spent the time reading my sources at length. In fact, I don't think you know how to perform any sort of research. You levied fantastical criticisms against them that would be eliminated by reviewing the study methodology from the organizations themselves.

Your fantastical response built to my introductory post in your quarterly anti-feminist thread--that showed me there was no point in continuing, so I didn't. There is no point in discussing anything with you, or Spectre Phoenix, or the few others like you, because you are indoctrinated by the echo chamber you've constructed--even on this forum!

To anyone not in the 'feminists are ruining the world echo-chamber'--pretty much everyone else--you're nonsensical when you post your quarterly bullshit threads about how feminists are controlling the world and making everyone's life worse.

Look, I disagree with raynebc or Edgar or various others, but I don't think any of the things I suggested about Spectre Phoenix apply in any great deal to them any more than do to me so I value their participation, and even though they have [some/many/most] views that are pretty much the opposite of mine I can respect their views. However, my criticisms I levied against Specter Phoenix apply to you as well, I'm sorry to say.

---
they / she

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Could we please keep this thread on topic? A debate about guns or abortion or whatnot might be interesting, but I'd appreciate it if you moved such debates to different threads. Let's focus on codes of conduct and related issues.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

beoran said:

Could we please keep this thread on topic?

It seems on topic to me ???

Aren't these people against the CoC because they want to behave this way? I don't get it...

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Yep, I'm in an echo chamber, that is why I block all feminists on my social media...oh wait that's right I've never blocked anyone that has an opposing view from mine. While feminists have block bots with over 10k users blocked simply for disagreeing with them. Hell feminist Jonathan McIntosh blocked me for simply asking him to clarify his stance on if he wanted violent games banned or not. He would flip flop, claim they should be banned due to "toxic masculinity", but then claim only governments can ban something (which the latter isn't true). Target in Australia pulled GTA; pulling a game from your shelves is banning it from your store.

I don't need an echo chamber when feminists claim they about equality and then go online telling people that men can't be feminists, only allies and that the allies aren't doing it right. You can find youtube videos of men meeting to talk men's health (prostate cancer I believe was one of the topics) and one video shows a feminist proudly getting in a man's face telling him he is scum. Videos of feminists pulling fire alarms at other such meeting to disrupt it. Videos of a red haired woman sounding like Vickie Guerrero from WWE claiming feminism is about equality and ending patriarchy while calling a guy "fuck face" and yelling over him to keep him from talking. You can even find youtube videos of women giving the reason for no longer being feminist as the movement has become increasingly anti-male.

"Feminism is about equality and empowerment". Feminists ad calling for the ban of words like bossy (that can be applied to men and women) because it is hurtful to girls and women. Men trying to explain something to a woman? You shouldn't do that, it's man-splaining. The feminist shaming campaign for man spreading. Gamer identity is a white cis male identifier that should stop being used because girls play games too. Emma Watson speaks in front of UN for HeForShe campaign imploring men to help and fight for women in 3rd world countries that don't have rights, 1st world feminists attacked her for daring to say women needed a man's help.

Anita Sarkeesian makes a video condemning Damsel in Distress trope saying it is sexist and then runs to social media and news because anonymous trolls said mean things. She became the very trope she said was sexist. According to her, a woman kissing the man that saved her is sexist; guess she never saw the footage of hostage negotiations or police rescues as every woman ends up hugging and kissing the officers that save them.

A feminist like Christina Hoff Sommers starts pointing out that feminism is becoming increasingly anti-male and feminists mark her anti-feminist.

Feminism is SO great that only 18% of Americans identify as Feminist.

Let's not forget that feminism also claims more women need to go to college because men are out numbering them. Usually about the time they complain about this invisible patriarchy and female oppression holding women back.
{"name":"Coh9zTWUMAAGBjY.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/7\/b72274a93bf87ae4a36571e4ed5bf8a5.jpg","w":1200,"h":755,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/7\/b72274a93bf87ae4a36571e4ed5bf8a5"}Coh9zTWUMAAGBjY.jpg
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/03/06/womens-college-enrollment-gains-leave-men-behind/

I believe we covered all this in the last thread with videos and links, but since you assumed no one would bother looking at the evidence you would provide and therefore didn't provide anything; I'm going to assume you exercised the same logic and didn't actually look at any of the links or videos posted before going on your pro-feminist arguments.

Last video for you to not look at:

video

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

They said that about cigarettes too.

Thank you! I find myself relating more and more to my elders than the younger people every day.

The REASON gun control is such a hot button issue for conservatives is that THEY KNOW that if you give a liberal an inch, they will take a mile. They will not be satisfied. They will want more and more.

THAT is the current political climate in the USA. It cannot be debated. You ask any congressman, any political analyst, they will all tell you that we have one of the (if not THE) most opposed congress we've ever had in the history of the USA. Both sides are out only for themselves and the American people are secondary concerns.

There are TONS of conservatives who are for taking guns away from the bad people. The problem is that liberals:

- Don't know anything about guns and are elitist morons. (Coming from Bill Maher himself.)

- If liberals are given an inch, they will take a mile.

- Liberals' solutions for guns are feel good measures that won't protect anyone, but will hurt innocent, law-abiding citizens. The Assault Weapon Ban did nothing to stop crime.

Here's a woman who didn't even understand what was in her own bill:

video

But still felt it was okay to take away the rights of law-abiding Americans.

You can feel whatever you want about gun control, but there is ZERO excuse for not even understanding your own bill that is poised to effect law-abiding citizens.

Here's another guy who has no idea what he's talking about.

video

I'm not arguing to change liberal's opinions. I am explaining WHY conservatives oppose you.

Would anyone vote for a conservative anti-birth control bill if they didn't even know how birth control works? If they thought pills work like "little abortions?" Hardly.

p.s. One more for fun, oh man, these are hilarious (skip to #2 at 0:56):

video

p.p.s. Out of respect for Beoran, I won't reply any more non-CoC related posts. But I felt like I had to explain it since so many people are apparently oblivious to how anyone could hold an opposing opinion. ("They're not just against me because they're dumb or mean?!")

[edit] One last thing I forgot to mention. Banning guns if you're on the terrorist watch list. Can NOBODY see the problem with banning the ability to protect yourself if "the government" decides to put you on a list that has no due process, no judge, no jury, and extremely effective consequences?

Certainly liberals would have no problem with an arbitray list that curbs your civil liberties. Oh wait, the ACLU hates the No Fly List.

https://www.aclu.org/infographic/grounded-life-no-fly-list

So how is the right to travel on a plane worth protecting, but not the right to self-defense? Because "guns are icky."

Guns should only be given to cops. Oh wait, they're the ones killing all the black people. :-[

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

One last thing I forgot to mention. Banning guns if you're on the terrorist watch list. Can NOBODY see the problem with banning the ability to protect yourself if "the government" decides to put you on a list that has no due process, no judge, no jury, and extremely effective consequences?

This is a key reason conservatives, myself included, realize that such "watch list" gun control legislation is unconstitutional and overall just a bad idea.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Go to: