Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » LudumHack

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
LudumHack
SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

So I've been itching to write a game, and since Ludum Dare 34 is coming up soon (December 11th-14th), I figured I'd participate in it. To make it more fun, consider this idea. Instead of simply using the Ludum Dare theme as the entirety of the rule set, we take a spin of the SpeedHack rule-o-matic and replace the genre rule with the Ludum Dare theme. Then everybody proceeds to make a game using those rules and we can be sure to vote on each other's creations. I'd suggest doing the 48 hour event, as it's nice and quick, but that can be personal preference... completing something is the goal.

What do you think? Anybody interested?

EDIT: Ludum Dare rules for those unfamiliar with the event. It's essentially SpeedHack without the Allegro and size requirements. I would probably prefer to enforce cross-platformness though.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I would like to, but I will have just started work and might need that weekend to cram.

Who knows, I might be able to.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I'd like to join as well - but don't know how much time I'll have that weekend. Does Ludum Dare allow team entries?

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

They allow teams if you are doing the 72 hour jam, if you are doing the 48 hour compo then you have to do it solo. http://ludumdare.com/compo/rules/

"Can't a man even talk to himself without being interrupted?" -Krull(1983)
"Through vengence I was born. Through war I was trained. Through love I was found. Through death I was released. Through release I was given a purpose." -- Specter Phoenix
"Programming == AWESOME the rest is just tools to accomplish it."
END OF LINE

Go to: