This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

I was posting frequently back in 2001-2005 when I was at University getting my Bachelors' degree in CompSci then I dropped off. I went back to school in 2006-2012 for a doctorate, but in a non-computer field (Pharmacy). Little time for programming.

I lurk and respond little. Mostly because technology is advancing past what I know or I don't have the time.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

very poor... :'(

https://0x0.st/oXHv.png

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Just trying to get through today. This is the first anniversary without my wife. This time last year we were happy together. What a difference a year makes... it would have been our 37th anniversary today. :'(

{"name":"613113","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/7\/67df7e08cd939c62c0ab1d4ad63c4a9e.jpg","w":421,"h":514,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/7\/67df7e08cd939c62c0ab1d4ad63c4a9e"}613113

---
β€œI love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hello Neil. It's always hard to respond to those kind of sad and true messages.
I feel sad/bad for you each time I think of your story and Wanda. I hope things are going to be better for you. Stay strong !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Kia kaha Neil.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Sorry, don't mean to bring everyone down with my problems. Here's something which made me laugh recently... been there, seen our cats do this...
{"name":"613119","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/edfcc903aeacd06ba7f4acc5ab409140.jpg","w":720,"h":682,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/d\/edfcc903aeacd06ba7f4acc5ab409140"}613119

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Before the Thread locks too soon thread locks ..again.. here's one more attempt to save humanity.

That moment when you realize your wife is into pussy.
{"name":"f8b35c3bfd7b719ba7077794d2a95e5d.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/d\/8dad6696ddda1e0cfff902eb5c5cda20.png","w":1000,"h":1500,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/d\/8dad6696ddda1e0cfff902eb5c5cda20"}f8b35c3bfd7b719ba7077794d2a95e5d.png

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

LMAO!!! Great pic. ;D

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Hey, where's that guy I was supposed to hate crime? He better be making some progress...

Just ran across these old gems;

Aww man. I miss those good old days. I don't understand how I became involved... by accident--no intentional decision making... with so many communities. And now, it's like... I have no idea how to find new ones.

I left those toxic cesspools like Reddit and I'm noticably happier. The fringe subs are fine, as everyone knows, but god, anything the "normies" with cellphones touch will just be an angry cesspool.

And Twitter, ahahah, oh man, I've never seen so many people motivated to outrage... by an algorithm. They're literally hurting people just so a click algorithm can generate revenue. I'm glad I never tried to get into that.

I moved to a new city two years ago right when COVID hit and shut *everything* down. At least 1/3rd of all small businesses (actual statistic) disappeared to never reopen. Because only billion dollar megacorps are worthy of saving. So instead of dozens of amazing high quality local own restaurants, you get Applebee's and IHOP on every corner which literally... literally... use bags of frozen strawberries instead of getting fresh ones at the wal-mart they share a parking lot with. Imagine paying real money... for old, frozen... mushy... strawberries. That's 2022. My wife made me basic french toast the next day with some strawberries from wal-mart and I was like "holy, crap. This is so much better than the $15 bucks I wasted at ihop."

-----sig:
β€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I left those toxic cesspools like Reddit and I'm noticably happier. The fringe subs are fine, as everyone knows, but god, anything the "normies" with cellphones touch will just be an angry cesspool.

I'm 100% with you on that. I still pass through Reddit occasionally, but holy geebuz what a shitpool on the mainstream subs. Any time I go towards social, Reddit mainstream news, Twitter, I start to have anxiety attacks so I'm moving away from that shit. Everything is framed as some kind of attack on your personal beliefs and sanctity. War, pandemic, stock market crashing, government mandates, protests, it's like everybody is against your simple desire to just chiiiiiilll without having to worry about anything.

So, I've started to spend more of my computer time on programming projects, go outside more (but the weather has been really shitty lately), only touch social like once every two days. The internet has really gone to shit. You have to pick and choose very wisely where you spend your time.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare β€’ AllegroFlare Docs β€’ AllegroFlare GitHub

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I'm in the process of buying a house and gosh it's a headache despite everything going well, can't imagine what it's like for others.

Got preapproved in about three seconds thanks to my credit/income. Third offer was accepted on the first place we really wanted. (Someone beat us initially but it fell through so they reached back out to us.) Going to end up paying upwards of 106% of the asking price though... Home inspection was great, waiting anxiously on appraisal (next Wednesday).

Anyway I'll be a homeowner soon. 8-)

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Wait until you see the stack of papers they make you initial and sign. That is a task in itself. I've purchased 4 houses in my lifetime. A pain every time.

Johan HalmΓ©n
Member #1,550
September 2001

Do we all agree that egg came first?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I used to think Stack Overflow was fun to answer questions on , but then there are people there that spend their entire waking lives there. Kinda freaky. I liked gamedev.net forums but they're pretty advanced topics there and I don't always get it.

Johan - the dinosaur was first. We all know birds came from dinosaurs. :p

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Depends on which religion you ask. :)

Per evolution: the chicken is just a product of it's predecessors slowly mutating genetically over generations until you get the modern chicken. The egg was just the vessel needed to birth it.

The egg came first.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

No, it doesn't depend on which religion you ask. That's a mis-truth. The bible does not say the earth was created 6 or 8 thousand years before Moses. Genesis is the beginning of this Earth age. A period of time. The beginning of the middle, not the absolute beginning. Unlearned idiots teaching atheists what to believe. Ridiculous.

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Growing up I was taught that ALL species of animals were created at Genesis. And all species of animals alive today are the same species that boarded the Ark. There was no evolution taught in the church. Even got a handy laminated timeline of the earth from Genesis to now which only went back to around 4000BC.

Johan HalmΓ©n
Member #1,550
September 2001

Good grief! Did I start a religious debate on a.cc? Should have asked about the chicken crossing the road instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Well now that bambams is gone, someone has to take up the atheist torch here on a.cc. ;P `(

{"name":"dinosaur-chicken-hybrid.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/1\/21e9927cd8786d2efb79412fadd83848.png","w":1280,"h":640,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/1\/21e9927cd8786d2efb79412fadd83848"}dinosaur-chicken-hybrid.png

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

pic of dinochicken

Checkmate atheists! Dinochicken! Where did it come from?! You don't know?! :o

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare β€’ AllegroFlare Docs β€’ AllegroFlare GitHub

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

dinochicken from the laboratory of jurassic park.

It's why the bioengineering is very bad.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: