Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Chris Katko said:
2) the delta variant doesn't give a crap about the vaccine.

The vaccine is still reducing the number of people in need of reanimation drastically, and that is what is causing most of the problem. So yes, the vaccine work. Go and get your shot. 8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

1) why did you wait that long to get vaccinated!?

I didn't wait at all. I got vaccinated as soon as possible.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

o<><
<_)

Mmm, tasty fish. Quack.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

The vaccines available in the US don't seem to be providing sterilizing immunity to the delta variant. That is, even the vaccinated will spread the virus.

At this point, the benefit of getting the vaccine is to reduce your personal risk of serious hospitalization and/or death. Eradication is no longer feasible.

Moreover, vaccines in general are not 100% safe, and the ones available in the US are all brand new (Pfiser, Moderna) or relatively new (J&J) technology. We're finding out new failure modes every few months.

The public health benefit of the vaccines is thus reduced to protecting the people who can't get the vaccines (e.g. the immunocompromised).

This isn't an obvious trade-off.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

"we have the most people who are too dumb to get it, so it keeps spreading."

Sadly that is true for most of the world who's already having access to the vaccine.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Vaccines don't protect you from viruses. Vaccines are the early warning systems.

Vaccine: Hey, there is a virus out there
Body: Really
Vaccine: Ya, this is what it looks like
Body: Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it

Most times, without a vaccine, the virus has already spread too far. This makes it tougher for the body to fight it.

The quicker the body can recognize the virus is there, the quicker it can mount an immune response. The quicker the response, the less chance of getting infected and spreading it to others.

It's the individuals own immune system that does the work. Now, some people have weak immune systems and can still get infected.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

l j said:

I didn't wait at all. I got vaccinated as soon as possible.

Your country just got access to it?!? I had it in like... March (whenever it was immediately available in Tennessee)! And I'm the ""conservative"" here! :o :o :o

We got the vaccine first, and yet we have the most people who are too dumb to get it, so it keeps spreading.

That's true, to a point. Delta doesn't stop with the current vaccines. Pfizer for sure doesn't work. Moderna "might" last 6 months. Get vaccinated you tards. Unless you're too much of a pussy to survive a little wussy shot with "evil RNA". [You see, THATS how you market to conservatives.]

But viruses were always going to mutate. This was going to happen from the very start. We're already up to "Delta Plus" and "Lambda" viruses.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

It wasn't that my country got the vaccine late, I was just a low priority target due to my relatively young age and no known risk factors.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I said:

I have to keep waiting still as vaccines in our country are limited and I'm in the last group to get it.

Ironically, the day after I posted that I received a text to say that I could book my vaccination appointment already, even though I shouldn't be eligible for some time yet. I had my first injection today, and have my second booked in for the end of the month.

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Maybe I should try game development again.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

WITH (NOLOCK)

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

It's suddenly very quiet... is everyone too tired to post because of TINS?

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Yesterday, the anti-vaxxer at work was coughing, God be with me.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

What we have for COVID now is not a vaccine. It doesn't work the same way a real vaccine does, and I will never get it. I have friends of my family who have died after getting it and others with serious health issues after getting it now. I'll pass on this experimental treatment.

I hope everyone that chooses to get it remains healthy and safe, but people are being hurt by this and I am concerned about what we will see in the future. I have no doubt any deaths by this "vaccine" will be blamed on the virus rather than the treatment.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Typical vaccines include proteins and other substances that triggers an immune response. This prepares the immune system to more easily detect the viruses in the future.

The new vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) don't include the proteins. They include the instructions (mRNA) for the immune cells to make the protein themselves.

Is it 100% for everyone, no.

It's something that you need to work out for yourself. Do you risk it or risk the virus instead?

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Too soon, too late, who cares, time is elastic :o

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

COVID-19 was always going to be something that killed a bunch of people while the survivors gradually gained some sort of immunity and defense mechanisms and over the course of many years it finally become something like a common cold. Protective measures only exist to help minimize deaths by allowing people more time to get vaccinated for some "unnatural" immunity.

Unlike the variations in the early 20th century that were killing healthy 20 year olds at a higher rate, COVID-19 is killing people that are already at a general risk of dying. So yes, the total number of deaths have measurably increased, but it's at the same distribution. i.e., +5% of 1 year olds are dying as well as +5% of 80 year olds. (I'm making up the percentage.) So a lot of old people are dying; still not many young people are. So because of this distribution, it's pretty easy to know if you are at a substantial risk of dying. Because most people aren't, it's very hard to get people to take precautions to protect others. USA has a very selfish, individual based society.

The conspiracy theories are stupid. Anecdotal stories are irrelevant. What happens to 2 out of 15 people you know closely isn't indicative of any nationwide trend.

The facts are the vaccines are as safe as other optional daily activities that most people do. One has full FDA approval. I believe the J&J one is based on some pretty archaic technology.

From the CDC, "During this time, VAERS received 6,968 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine." That is the total number of people who died after receiving a vaccination without any causation implied. It includes people who go on to die from completely unrelated causes like a car crash. I highly doubt that number is any higher than the number of deaths you'd expect from a control group.

But the thing with conspiracies is that facts are just part of them. If you believe COVID-19 vaccinations are fakes then you believe everybody who reports an adverse reaction is telling the truth and anybody who reports anything contrary is a liar.

Yes, some people have directly died from vaccinations. Everything we put into our body has some risk associated with it. Ultimately it comes down to base level of risk we personally accept and statistical probability.

Everybody in at-risk groups should get vaccinated for COVID-19. Personally it provides the best odds of not dying from it. I don't have the report handy, but I know in one particular geographic area that had around 50% of the population vaccinated only had less than 0.5% of COVID-19 deaths from vaccinated individuals. If it didn't work, you'd expect a 50-50 split (with some variation depending on self-selectors). And I've not ever seen any health agencies report anything to the contrary.

If you're not in an at-risk group then it just comes down really to how effective you believe it will be in preventing you from infecting others who are at risk, and how much you even care about that.

But because the numbers have turned into video-game like obsession, it's going to be hard for a lot of people to ever put COVID-19 behind them. At some point, we really will just have to accept the fact that a lot of people don't care if they die from it and the risk that it poses to children is sufficiently small that there's nothing we need to force upon parents. To me, that point is probably after this winter.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Vaccines are a horrible and strange experiment that uses your body as a culture of bacteria, the US and Russia are hungry for power and control, and will use their nanobots at all costs on the ignorant commoner masses who are terrified of dying and want to continue living to troll on facebook and watch vocaloids on youtube (waste your time in holy fart).

That is why it's better to avoid vaccines, do not let yourself be controlled by the terrible governings!!

If you want to strengthen your immune system, consume dairy products such as yogurts fortified with vitamin C and antibacterials such as Probiodos and Danonino (Notice the sarcasm in my voice).

ok, if you think about it, dairy products like yogurt can also have nanobots galore, (maybe that's why they taste metallic). But it is better to have known nanobots that are not aggressive to your body, although it's known that under a certain frequency these nanobots can be activated and immediately assembled inside your body to build a killing machine, leaving without any qualms bleeding their sharp weapons with total clumsiness and murder all the surrounding humans.

Yes, it's better not to consume any milky products...

On the other hand, it's nice to talk about COVID-19, it already has a wide spectrum of topics which makes it impossible for one to get bored and one can be talking for days without stopping, in my case for example, with a simple comment about COVID-19 all the people run away terrified as if listening to me was more dangerous than a pandemic.

The only thing that saddens me so much about the current era is that, unlike 30 years ago, dairy products were sold because they were delicious, and I liked them, but today they no longer do so, because everyone is dedicated to scamming people with the fear of disease, no one cares that they taste good anymore.
I do not know at what point people were so terrified by diseases that they ended up being an obsession, but it's very fashionable and it's a whole business being exploited to the fullest, any cold is considered a deadly disease that's necessary to be hospitalized in intensive therapy.

I'm just worried that if I sneezed in a public place, they start to haunt me with anti-COVID-19 injections all over the city.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

"Global" pandemic? Don't make me laugh. Everyone knows the Earth is flat. If there were such "germs" the great A'Tuin need only wipe the surface with an anitbacterial wipe.

Lot of nonsense.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

On the brightside, everyone who doesn't get vaccinated means less traffic on the roads

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Stop listening to the talking heads on TV, Edgar.

https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download

It's more "emergency use authorization", not full approval.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Go to: