Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

Chris, I wish you'd play CSGO with me.

I'm autistic. Not retarded.

XD

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Dare you to click the link.

I removed the referenced post for spam.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I had to put my cat down earlier this year. I'm still sad about it. Sadder than I thought I would be.

When he was young, 12 years ago, he was my lap-buddy and helped me get through the trials of unemployment that lasted over a year. I found out then he had a heart murmur and that he probably wouldn't live as long as a cat normally does. I tried to remember that and make the most of the time I had.

He was my lap-buddy again when the pandemic started. I guess I didn't realize how happy that made me. I noticed at the end of 2020 some gunk was coming out of his mouth along with a bad smell. Took him to the vet and they had to take some teeth out at the beginning of 2021. Then, he seemed better! A few weeks went by and we had to bring him back to get his shots updated. Shortly after that, his belly started expanding and he struggled to jump up on my lap. :-/ Took him back and we tried a few things, but it became clear he was miserable. He wouldn't eat. I wanted someone else to make the call. I felt like I failed my best friend.

Some times I think I see him out of the corner of my eye, waiting to see if it's ok to approach. Probably just wish I could see him.

Anywho, haven't really expressed this to anyone, thought this might be a good space to fire some thoughts off. :'(

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I nearly come to tears thinking of losing our cat (or dog). I get it. I think it's normal. Remember the good times. Don't dwell on anything negative (it won't do any good). Talking about it is great! Give it time. It'll get better. And if it doesn't talk to your doctor. :) In the meantime, this is a great place for that so fire away. :-*

In my news, after 12 [contrived] half days (so like 6 full days) I finally managed to make, test, and commit a change to the Xamarin app. It may be sufficient, but I'll wait to hear from the team tomorrow. That's it. I'm adding mobile development to my resume. ;) This was actually a big deal because I'm still pretty spaced out/distracted. Even today I kept walking away from my desk like it was the last place my subconscious wanted to be. I ended up getting that work done finally at like midnight instead of during the day. :)

Stoned thought: create a "shrine" thread for your cat. Post as many pictures as you can, tell stories, etc. And then when you tire of that you've moved on. :) And somebody saner than me can clock you to point out when it gets too much. ;D

Alternatively, do that still, but on social media with family and IRL friends? Up to you. :D

You lost your cat. It hurts. That sucks. It's ok to hurt. It's also ok to let it out and move on whenever you're ready.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bob said:

Dare you to click the link.

I removed the referenced post for spam.

Aww, you're no fun. Glad to see you're back in action though.

I myself have lost many dear animals over the years. Many cats, and several dogs. It's always hard. Some of them were my best friends. I know what it's like to have a lap buddy cat. Birdie was my bestie. We even had the same birthmarks.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I got a message from push32 that he couldn't log in to allegro.cc anymore.

He sent a request to support@allegro.cc, but I thought I'd mention it here in case Matthew reads this first.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Onewing said:

I had to put my cat down earlier this year. I'm still sad about it. Sadder than I thought I would be.

Sorry to hear that. The last cat we had lived to be close to 21 years old before we finally had to put her down. I think I cried for about a week after that (I still miss her to this day). She loved to come into my computer room and sit between my legs until I picked her up and hugged her etc.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

For everyone who's lost a dear pet.

{"name":"Cute_grey_kitten.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d215c9bb9cb97c066ed70e5fe4df9d33.jpg","w":3008,"h":2000,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/2\/d215c9bb9cb97c066ed70e5fe4df9d33"}Cute_grey_kitten.jpg

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Perhaps we should set aside a day to remember our four footed fellow members?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

So who let this thread die?

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

{"name":"giphy.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/9\/79e92dc76807e4db9efeae905cb3129d.gif","w":480,"h":261,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/9\/79e92dc76807e4db9efeae905cb3129d"}giphy.gif

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

epic.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Did not die. (tm)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

We... we did it, the thread did not lock too soon. It's it's an xmas miracle.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I made post #5442. That must be a record. Yay me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

{"name":"613013","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/d\/3d4709a3d4647464757c5617dc4fd486.jpg","w":500,"h":750,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/d\/3d4709a3d4647464757c5617dc4fd486"}613013

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

That's a great freakin' quote.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ceterum_censeo

So anyways, I started postin.

-----sig:

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

I've gotten my second vaccine dose yesterday, how long do I have left to live?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

(It's the only thing that matters)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

1) why did you wait that long to get vaccinated!?

2) the delta variant doesn't give a crap about the vaccine.

-----sig:

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

1) why did you wait that long to get vaccinated!?

I have to keep waiting still as vaccines in our country are limited and I'm in the last group to get it.

2) the delta variant doesn't give a crap about the vaccine.

So far, we've managed to keep the Delta variant out of the general population.

Go to: