Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

The other day I told my wife I'm probably the coolest person around, but there's never anybody around to see it.

Are you cooler than a polar bear's toenails?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

There's too many variables at play to answer. You'd have to be more specific. For example, am I and the polar bear's toes in the same environment? Are the toes connected to a polar bear? Is the bear alive?

For now I'll leave you with a strong answer to the Feminist "rape culture" / "teach boys not to rape" falsehoods. Ben Shapiro reminds me of myself, but where I type he speaks. And obviously he's more educated than I am. Meh. I did my best.

video

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Do you buy magnificent wood too? That guy is a moron. :'(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Well according to you I'm a fucking moron too! Right? Forgive me for thinking little of your opinion. How's Hank treating you?

More of the logic I've been trying to express and discuss for over two decades.

video

Append:

Actually I value your opinion when you put your mind to something, but I also know that when you're being dismissive like this you can't be reasoned with so those opinions go to /dev/null.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Do you buy the cheapest piece of wood and tweet about it in some self righteous manner? ???

That's moronic.

I think your views on feminism are unhealthy for yourself. It seems to cause you a lot of anger and playing into a desire to be a victim.

But no, I don't think that makes you a moron.

Maybe driving in the back seat of your tesla motorcycle does, but what do I know about being cool? 8-)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I was not familiar with the "magnificent" wood reference. Apparently Shapiro made a video encouraging people to support the Home Depot corporation because they refused to get involved in politics and so cancel culture tried to call for a boycott of the corporation.

What is your objection to this? This sounds reasonable. It's not like Ben bought $1 million dollars worth of shares in the company. He anti-boycotted them by going and supporting them by buying $20 worth of stuff (probably at $80 because of the market impacts that covid-19 has caused or at least enabled). And he encouraged his fans to also support the corporation while so many others are wrongly boycotting it.

I don't agree with everything Ben Shapiro says, does, or believes. Like most Conservative minds we differ on many accounts. Generally speaking I don't subscribe to that sort of sheepish following. I like ideas, and appreciate talent/skill/competence. He's a good source for intelligent debate. He's basically me, but Jewish, wealthy, and with better speaking skills.

I don't agree with those changes Georgia made to voting laws. There was never any significant voter fraud (according to all reliable sources I'm aware of anyway). Those changes sound racist in sight of the last 4 years, or at the very least they're trying to limit the number of democratic voters who are eligible. Of course that's reprehensible.

The USA is reprehensible so I'm not surprised by anything anymore. You all need a major cultural shift back to reality. But that's not my fight. I'll take advantage of what aspects I like or benefit from when I visit Michigan or otherwise travel down South, but that doesn't mean I don't abhor the politics, corruption, and ignorance.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

He's a wealthy (I assume) man who does a photo-op at Home Depot by bagging a short plank that probably cost about $10 max. Looks like maybe a 2 foot long 8" wide poplar board to me. If it's 3 feet then maybe he spent $15.

He put it in a bag. A plastic bag. Score one for the environment. That is a moron. He could have at least bought something he would use like a bag of candy.

All because he's in favor of trying to suppress voters.

So no. I don't respect him or any of his opinions. Wherever I agree with him, I'm sure it's for a completely different set of principles.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

You and I don't know how much money that video made him (or cost him). Maybe he thought it would go differently than it did. Hindsight is 20/20. Before you call him an idiot you should consider that it was nothing more than an exploit of stupid people to get clicks. Arguably that's reprehensible too, but anybody following Ben Shapiro that closely deserves it.

He's smart, but like most he's not infallible. You still need to filter each of his ideas or you'll end up with a lemon. They're certainly not all good ideas. I find it a bit laughable that he apparently just shot that in the parking lot. Apparently he's not famous enough to matter in public. Which I guess is lucky for him. Or maybe he's just good. Either way, he's certainly not a moron.

He gets paid a lot of money to talk to audiences about things that he's passionate about. That's very respectable. I have to do that for free, with every idiot able to speak back to me and dismiss my ideas entirely. And many of his ideas are good. His side hustles are a bit shady. Welcome to America. Chasing the all powerful dollar. He's a conservative. He thinks capitalism is the greatest thing that ever happened. It's a cultural illness. And he let's his privileged life get in the way of seeing its failings.

Money is evil. It "works", but I think we have smart enough minds to do better. For all the good it does it does at least as much harm. Probably much more. Just look at the climate across the planet. That said, the money isn't the root of the issue. The real problem is human nature. I'm afraid I have no constructive solutions to that, but it seems that neither does anybody else.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Oh cmon bamminator you can do better than Ben Shapiro. He's just another right wing nutjob don't listen it will make your ears bleed.

ALSO
On Stephen Fry, he's a twat with no knowledge. Why doesn't he use all his fame to take care of those babies with flies eating out their eyes or doesn't he care like he claims God doesn't care. We're supposed to be our neighbor's caretaker and the world has more than enough food it just gets dumped because of profit$.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

If you think any one celebrity has the kind of wealth to fix the problem you're ignorant of how big the problem is. We're probably talking hundreds of trillions, not a few million.

I know damn well both Ben Shapiro and Stephen Fry are at least as intelligent as I am. Insult their intelligence at your own expense.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

He put lumber in a tiny plastic bag.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Odds are the store staff did that. He just didn't stop them. But the solution to plastic bags isn't Ben Shapiro refusing at the checkout counter. The solution is government banning their use so there are no more plastic bags at all. That's not his fight. He's a conservative. He probably thinks oil & gas are great. I'm not sure what his environmental stance is, but it's odd that you're so focused on it. I didn't know you cared so much.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

He probably checked himself out. Nobody has ever bagged a piece of lumber before. He's the first person in the history of humankind to do so.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Show us on the doll where the wood touched you.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Finally somebody is reading my posts correctly. >:(

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I've recently stumbled across this video which reminded me of the religious war in this thread awhile ago, and while watching it, I'm reminded that I certainly feel the pull of spirituality time to time, but I no longer "follow" any one particular "answer". I was in some Buddhist splinter group for a while 30 years ago, but left when it became obvious that they were just as clueless as everyone else.

BTW, in the video I tried to see if the guitar was Steve Vai's signature Ibanez JEM guitar, but I didn't see the handhold cut into the body. Those guitars with the handhold are to be considered assault guitars and should be made illegal :P

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

video

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"612982","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/1\/812888ba967796752f39a39096fcea9b.jpg","w":998,"h":1285,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/1\/812888ba967796752f39a39096fcea9b"}612982

This was shared by my motorcycle club in the district newsletter. I thought it was amusing how sensible the advice is, and yet, when you try to explain it to girls and women they lose their minds crying victim-blamer. It's basically the same thing Ben Shapiro said in the video I recently posted in this thread, but specializing in motorcycle safety instead of sexual harassment/assault avoidance.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I don't generally consider myself a victim. Which is not to say that Feminism and its many negative effects haven't harmed me nor that they have stopped harming me, but at the moment I'm doing pretty well.

That's not why I care so much. I care because Feminism is sexist and it's WRONG, but because men care so much about women not enough of us are standing up for men's rights and men's FREEDOMS! We're all so anxious to fall on a sword to defend some woman's honour that we don't even know to recognize the harms that Feminism is also causing to girls and women en mass. There are widespread impacts of Feminism that are hurting young boys as well as men, and not enough people care to acknowledge it. I've also seen first-hand how modern day divorces crush the spirit of men. One of my uncles died very young as a result. Another who worked late in life for meagre means despite a great job because of his ex and the impacts of a broken home on the boys.

I just recently heard that his ex is suing him for half of his goddamned pension. She left him fucking 25 YEARS AGO, and lived full time with another man for most of that time! At what point do men get to stop being responsible for adult women that society is convinced are just as responsible as men?! At what point are we going to hold these ADULTS responsible for their own choices?! And that could happen to me any day too. And it's not lost on me.

If you're still thinking I'm just some kind of entitled-to-sex misogynist then I don't think you've been thinking very critically of my posts (I've been in a long term relationship for 7 years, married for nearly 3). Mostly people criticize me as a person, instead of my ideas because they're unpopular (as with most significant improvements to our collective knowledge). At some time in history I imagine people were similarly judged for questioning if the Earth is flat. 🀣 And that's sad. Really it is. Not only for me, but also for all of the other people (girls and boys, men and women, trans, intersex, etc.) that are harmed by this ideology.

Cancel culture exists because of blind adherence to popular group think. I'll never apologize for being different. The world needs more people like me, not fewer. And no, I won't "let it go". I'll keep fighting this ideology for as long as I am able. I'll continue to be critical and skeptical of all ideas shared with me.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I think the human system is constantly trying to balance itself. From a male-dominated world, feminism is born. As feminism grows in adoption and spread, it can have negative impacts. I still feel the system is tipped in favor of the male, so there's still room (and need) for improvement to women's power. "Feel" is the keyword, no empirical data to back that up.

Same thing with far left and far right in politics...there's a reason they exist, whether some are taking advantage of others or personal experiences have persuaded them that direction.

Bam, could it be your own personal experiences in this matter are clouding your judgement? Reading your post, you made generic claims about how feminism has negative impacts on girls, but then gave specific examples about your own impacted close connections. It's possible I missed other contextually important posts here since I'm only in and out and have missed large swaths of posts in this gigantic thread. :D

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Please explain to me what's male-dominated about a society where men work the hardest, surrendering most of their fruits to other people, while taking everybody else's abuse and receiving no empathy and no sympathy? Does that sound like those men are calling the shots to you?

Men are beasts of burden. That's the true explanation for our history as well as the present. In fact it's the only thing that explains it. Feminism is its own contradiction. Much like every other ideology ever known to Homo Sapiens. History is funny. Just not funny enough for us to teach the next generation what actually happened and why.

The biggest lie ever believed by Homo Sapiens is not that an ancient dead Jewish hippie is going to restore us to paradise. The biggest lie ever believed by Homo Sapiens is that men overwhelmingly have oppressed, abused, mistreated, and silenced everyone, but especially did those things to wealthy women, and a little less to those most vulnerable. Not only that, but still do that even knowing it, even with all eyes on deck watching for it, and yet most of us don't ever intervene in these scenarios. Why? Well I haven't seen any lately. In a long time. Maybe ever.

Please explain to me your every day defending 100s or more of the most vulnerable people (women; no really, their interests usually come before children) in society from the onslaught of men that are forced to leave their dwelling on a regular basis to compete for resources so that increasingly more and more people don't suffer, especially the people closest to us.

The fucking bastards.

With all that power it's a wΒ°nder they do any work at all, let alone almost all of it, competing to provide for the most accomplished women (by virtue of predominantly the men in their ancestry) to produce the most accomplished offspring so that YOUR people will suffer a little less at your expense. Strange that we don't just continue to rape and pillage at the full extent of our collective wealth. Oh wait. Probably scolding these "little boys" will set them straight into enthusiastic servitude. I'm sure the thousands of generations that came before us didn't think of that being that it comes naturally to women in our societies for as long as we've recorded them, and even appears to be predestined by their natural development.

I don't know about you, but I'm not doing this entirely by choice. There's a metaphorical gun to my head. I can either do this work (except right now I'm asking for some of my money back) and provide whatever support is demanded of me or I can be exiled from society. How about you? Will society share its fruits with you if you choose not to participate? If so sign me up for that one. I've worked full time for 14 years being taxed heavily only to collect a tiny piece of that before the metaphorical whips usher me back to my post.

video

https://www.labor.ucla.edu/publication/get-to-work-or-go-to-jail/

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Sounds like you have yourself in an echo chamber. Or I do. One or the other, because I literally don't agree with any claim you just made. ;D

Statistically, women representation has been far less than men in political positions. That means the dudes are determining what is fair and not fair. That filters down to...well, everything. That's male domination.

"Please explain to me what's male-dominated about a society where men work the hardest, surrendering most of their fruits to other people, while taking everybody else's abuse and receiving no empathy and no sympathy? Does that sound like those men are calling the shots to you?"
I have a good work-life balance. I used to overwork myself, I straightened that up though years ago and have been happier ever since. I'm not sure what you mean by "surrendering fruit". I'm not taking "everybody else's abuse". I have good support. Maybe I'm spoiled? /shrugs

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Everybody has expectations placed on them by other people, and nobody should care about them. Be yourself; have morals; treat people well; and live a good life. Worry about problems you can solve.

15% - 20% of dads in the USA at least are stay-at-home dads. Sure, it's not 50-50, but if you want to marry a woman with a career and take care of children, then you actually do have that choice.

I hate to say that I do actually agree with some very, very minor parts of bambam's points. But wouldn't everybody say the bad parts of an ideology are bad? However, bambams comes across as thinking all parts of feminism are bad - that women have no right to talk about gender inequalities.

Guess what, just because some parts of being a man aren't fair doesn't mean we should ignore what's not fair about being a woman. I'll say this. I'd much rather be male in this world than female. I'd much rather be white than not. I'd much rather be average height than short, etc. Why? It's not because being white, male, etc is intrinsically better. It's because my life overall is easier this way because the world isn't fair. (If you think staying at home and raising kids and keeping a house in order is easier than most desk jobs, then you have no children.)

If you want to talk about your personal hardships, or what you perceive to be general disadvantages for men, then you ought to be able to do so without simultaneously ranting about feminism. You're just not effective that way.

Men and women aren't biologically the same; that much is an undeniable fact. Men on average are physically more intimidating. Women on average are more emotionally present. On average, we are equal but different. Then this is where the proverbial nature vs nurture debate kicks in.

Just today my four year old daughter who is very, very observational and logical beyond her years said something that implied women couldn't have jobs. Nobody ever told her that, but she has certainly observed that most children are accompanied by their moms. Her school is staffed almost entirely by women, but she equates that with being moms. When I pointed out that her own mother has a job, her reply was "Oh, but she has a boy job."

I told her the same thing I will tell my son. "There are no girl jobs or boy jobs. You can pursue any career you want." If everybody honestly held these views without discrimination then we wouldn't need the "feminist" advocate.

Go to: