Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

jmasterx said:

If I send you money you would no longer be a poor person.

What's that got to do with anything? I used to identify as a toaster, but it didn't do me much good.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

jmasterx said:

If I send you money you would no longer be a poor person.

What's that got to do with anything? I used to identify as a toaster, but it didn't do me much good.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Must have been hard to do simple things like take a bath

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

jmasterx said:

Must have been hard to do simple things like take a bath

That's what isopropyl alcohol spray is for.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

There is water in isopropyl. You can get 99%, but most over-the-counter brands have around 70%. That still leaves 30% water.

Wonder if you would die from the electrical shock or if it would create a spark and catch fire first.

Volunteers? !J/K! ;D

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Well, it won't be Arthur, poor person no longer identifies as a Toaster :-/

It's sad that society made poor person feel that way that poor person decided to identify as a poor person instead of poor person's true identity, a 4 slot Toaster with adjustable darkness by toast.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I would send you monies if I had any brother Arthur aka AK

Don't worry about it too much, whenever I get too broke I get off my lazy ass and go to work.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

The national debate was an embarrassment.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

The national debate was an embarrassment.

I went in rooting for Trump but turned it off 20 minutes later, thinking the both of them needed a good spanking.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I didn't watch it [yet], but I heard some things about it. Sounds like it didn't go well for anyone, but the channels that I saw from made Trump look like the big problem.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I think this sums it up quite well.
{"name":"612589","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/5\/15567196250e274a87395e91accb7fba.png","w":974,"h":766,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/5\/15567196250e274a87395e91accb7fba"}612589

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

One reason why I love Reuters is that they don't just report the same stories as everyone else. They do actual journalism to uncover big stories themselves.

Heard about the secretive process to come up with changes for policing that excluded public hearings and only included law enforcement insiders instead of the other side of the argument:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-justice-rights-exclusive/exclusive-trump-policing-panel-was-warned-about-secretive-process-before-court-ruling-idUSKBN26M7C9

The proposed changes were to essentially give police additional sweeping powers, and further strengthen the "qualified immunity" laws that protect police. They also want for police officers to be able to review body cam footage prior to making statements about their conduct. Which just sounds like letting them see if they're caught before they lie. I wonder if they're going to afford civilian crime suspects the same right. I'm kidding, of course they're not.

Append:

They're also trying to establish overseers at the state level so that "progressive prosecutors" aren't allowed to toss out punishments on minor offenses. For example, for cannabis possession. They're trying to make it so that minor offenses always carry a mandatory sentence to be "hard on crime". Especially crime that isn't hurting anyone committed by poor people. Crime committed by wealthy people that hurts lots of people will continue to be ignored, of course.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

video

actual genesis programmer of sonic 3d blast talks about genesis programming tricks

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Trump tested positive for covid

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I want to be overjoyed, but I'm afraid of the karma coming back around. :o

I have had a sore throat for a few days now, and so far I'm not getting better. I don't think that it's COVID, but I can't rule it out either. I rarely go out, but my wife does regularly.

I stayed up late the other night drinking beer, and my throat got really dry, and I think that just made me vulnerable. That said, it's theoretically possible that a virus cell managed to survive and find its way into my throat during this time, but it seems unlikely.

Nevertheless, even though I think it would be good for the world for Trump to step down and be out of the running, I'm not willing to darken my soul with hateful wishes. :P

Append:

video

For the capitalism folks..

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Guys, I've noticed some "color bleeding" (for lack of a better description) between high-contrast colors on my TV (Insignia NS-32D511NA15) recently. The issue isn't present on my little Acer monitor though, so I know the fault lies entirely with the TV.

Left is TV, right is monitor (as captured by my phone close to the screens):
{"name":"color-bleeding.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/1\/31fa8a2a58891193cf233581b5de1ec3.png","w":1217,"h":635,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/1\/31fa8a2a58891193cf233581b5de1ec3"}color-bleeding.png

Any idea why this happens?

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I thought this was cool.

{"name":"Dcqossa.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/7\/f7d212f151d2871b1aa2e1a32bc244f6.gif","w":318,"h":267,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/7\/f7d212f151d2871b1aa2e1a32bc244f6"}Dcqossa.gif

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Any idea why this happens?

I had the same problem with an old samsung display. Now they said it was likely just my eyes getting worse. But LCDs do age. Each LCD color ages, and ages at different rates from each other. However, blurriness implies the individual layers of the screen have moved apart (swollen due to oxygen migration?) and I haven't seen any research to prove it.

One day I want to buy two of the exact same monitor (like one I have already) and compare them. If either one looks "sharper" than the other, than it's pretty damning proof that LCDs can get blurry over time.

-----sig:

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

However, blurriness implies the individual layers of the screen have moved apart (swollen due to oxygen migration?) and I haven't seen any research to prove it.

Do any of these help Chris?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

https://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/612612

You're right Bams, probably not the best idea to do that with a sore throat, before Fortnight... ooops >:(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Nah I heard it just fine, I just edited the audio to make it sound like Fort instead of Date

Go to: