This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It is ing sad that towing the party line is acceptable in this day and age.

I love how Warren went from calling Biden a racist, to being like, "So uhh, when do I show up to work?" ;D

If you let go of the tribalism, all this politics really does become very funny. I mean, as much as we "debate" (not so much debate as shout our stances), none of it will ever change anything. Worse, imagine how much effort it goes into correcting someone and how many voices it requires to get anyone to change their stance on ANYTHING.

... then realize how easy it was for the media, academia, super-PACs and others to completely brainwash the entire country. Like how literally nobody in the USA right now cares that there's a literal island made of discarded plastic in the ocean. Why does nobody care? Because nobody in the media, academia, etc told anyone to care this year.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Here's some random drawings. >:(

{"name":"612545","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/f\/df5c30e1f3b7d532f45d3b49800d4d05.png","w":1024,"h":1024,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/f\/df5c30e1f3b7d532f45d3b49800d4d05"}612545

{"name":"612546","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/b\/1beda445c081dcd7131f8db2ce4ec5ef.png","w":512,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/b\/1beda445c081dcd7131f8db2ce4ec5ef"}612546

{"name":"612547","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/4\/b461cd8d6bbb306e0b3742d505144453.png","w":768,"h":768,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/4\/b461cd8d6bbb306e0b3742d505144453"}612547

Ok back to politics! ;D

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

@Erin,

I like the one with the dragon and the mimic.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

@LennyLen: Thanks! That one is my fave too. My favorite model I made for ItsyRealm is the chest mimic, too:

{"name":"creeps.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/9\/f9ceff84dbb80caf1ec03e710b135133.png","w":320,"h":192,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/9\/f9ceff84dbb80caf1ec03e710b135133"}creeps.png

@Edgar: Haha, thanks!

@bambam: Yep! And thanks!

;D

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin, I think a portion of the reason you're so successful at making a game is because you can both program and make art. Most people can only do one or the other. My digital art skills are trash. Maybe if I had a drawing tablet things would be different......

8-)

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

@Edgar Reynaldo :
By money I can create the drawings for you... I believe... At least when i feel like it... And if you can accept the damage that the camera leaves... Maybe with the first amount I will buy a scanner...

EDIT:

Digital Art is trash without a graphic tablet... A classic example whose artists waste their talent by not getting their technology...
Why is there such stupid technology if those who need it can't use it? How much useless device!
I'm going to steal abroad... >:(

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

@Edgar: Thanks! :) Being ok at art definitely helps. I haven't spent AS MUCH time on art as programming but I've still spent a long time on it. Like it took me 4-5 iterations to come to the ItsyRealm art style after brainstorming for a week or two.

Now only if I could make music... I have the writing skills, programming skills, and art skills, but not the music skills :(.

@RmBeer2: I don't have a tablet and I don't think my art is trash...

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MikiZX
Member #17,092
June 2019

If you can get a tablet (even the cheapest one is better than using mouse) - just try to get one with pressure detection and not the smallest one out there. If you own an iPad or Android tablet (or a larger smartphone) this could be a way too (not using fingers but a pen that conducts electric charge - they cost something like few bucks).

As for music, same thing - you need the right tool for the job and clicking notes with mouse just does not cut it - if you do decide to roll your own, try getting a cheap 2 octave (or more) midi controller. For music actually one might get away by using PC keyboard alone (for playing) but a real black-white keys keyboard is still better.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Regarding voter fraud... I get emails daily about what mail I'm supposed to receive. I signed up for it because I have a long driveway and the mail carrier can be quite lazy and decide not to do his job whenever he feels like it. So I press a little button on their website indicating I didn't receive my mail. I'm sure it does nothing, but it gives me the satisfaction of pretending it will lead to disciplinary action.

Background story over.

So Illinois is sending out request-to-vote-by-mail letters to everybody due to COVID-19. I was received an email indicating that I would be getting one of these letters, along with the deceased former resident. Later that day, I did receive mine but the one for the dead person mysteriously was not there.

This can only mean the mail carrier stole that letter thinking nobody would notice. He looks like a Republican to me based on how he walks slowly up the driveway. I wonder how many letters he has stolen. He must be collecting them so that Trump can have a surprise win in Illinois.

Trump is right! Fraud fraud fraud!

Instead, I should vote in person, where a 95 year-old, legally blind man asks who I am and pretends he's able to compare my illegible signature against the one they might have on file. Then I vote where his older sister feeds my paper ballot into a machine older than her, which causes all sorts of malfunction lights to turn on, which I'm told is "normal." The ballot comes out the other end as if I placed it through a shredder. Because that is how you stop fraud!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

If I 'need' a tablet I draw on paper then scan it in.

I'm cool with a mouse. It's not like my art is super detailed.

I'm going to you know pay people to make music for my game when it comes to that point, I have zero (0) interest in making my own music.

Also I have too many customization options in my game. :(

{"name":"612548","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/f\/9f9bea0dcf32a9327f1693195c9c6eda.gif","w":496,"h":524,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/f\/9f9bea0dcf32a9327f1693195c9c6eda"}612548

---
they / she

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

eye! Drawing by hand is not the same as handling vector graphics!

They are two different things. Hand drawings always have other types of details. The first time I used vector graphics they turned out to be very easy, I have made logos and even South Park style characters. They are easier to correct.

But with the hand you need a lot of practice, balance and talent are achieved. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the mouse. It is more profitable to practice with your other hand than with the mouse.

Those black tablets (bad called graphics tablets) do not work either, it is the same as drawing blind (unless you have a shaolin practice to move blindly).

EDIT:

I don't know if I've ever said it, but ItsyRealm is a very good game. Since the first time I saw his images I have already noticed that he had many things. I too would like to make a 3D game one day.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

@RmBeer2:

Thanks :) ItsyRealm is one of my passions. I'm getting ready to do 'vlogging' so I've shifted gears towards setting up a machine, getting swag to stream/vlog, and other prep. It's not going to be a big focus but I'd like to record me working on it here and there.

My job has really given me more time to work on ItsyRealm, too. :)

---
they / she

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Maybe people in NYC can illuminate how well mail in voting has been working for them lately? I'm not going to trust the USPS when some elections have had a quarter of all mail in ballots invalidated because of postal service errors. I will vote in person in November.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

video

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

IDK if this is going to work. >:(

video

Waiting on a green screen thingy. ;D

edit: Ugh Trump is in Charlotte, ew, gross. He personally made me 15 minutes late to a veterinarian appointment. Thanks Trump. ::)

---
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

File this under politics that should five-bell alarm anyone of any side:

https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1297421580952379392

The Democrats have been literally working to make it illegal to vote for Green Party, because it "steals" their blue votes.

I don't care which side is doing it, that's a straight-up affront to our entire country. That you shouldn't even be allowed to vote for someone because it gets in the way of a powerful party's expectation of getting your vote. This is literally the kind of stuff that dictatorships are built on. Not "fake news evil memes", but banning people from voting against their candidate.

Erin Maus said:

edit: Ugh Trump is in Charlotte, ew, gross. He personally made me 15 minutes late to a veterinarian appointment. Thanks Trump.

HOW BAD IS YOUR INSURANCE?!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

HOW BAD IS YOUR INSURANCE?!

I have really good health/vision/dental insurance (PPO plan from my employer + Medicare), and I have decent car insurance, and I guess I had good renter's insurance?

I don't know what that has to do the Orange Man going out of his way to make me late to my dog's veterinarian appointment though.

Also where were you when Republicans have done a bajillion things to hurt/make it impossible for Democrats to vote? Like purge voter rolls, gerrymander states, destroy voting records, close voting stations, enforce voter ID, do nothing to prevent electoral fraud or hacking, etc, etc, etc.

I have no opinion of Green Party members being removed from ballots due to Democrat pressure because I don't have enough information and a Twitter post doesn't influence me.

---
they / she

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The Democrats have been literally working to make it illegal to vote for Green Party, because it "steals" their blue votes.

That just highlights the flaws with your political system. Here, the Labour party (which is the closest equivalent to your Democratic party) just formed a coalition with the Green party (and another party) to form a majority government.

Go to: