Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Erin Maus said:

I'm "passing" with a face mask (voice + body pass) so that makes me super happy. :) I'm really not too stressed about passing, I'm not a trans woman, but it makes me feel good nonetheless when it does happen.

I don't know where, but I feel like I've seen your face somewhere else (company video maybe?) and I already thought that it was looking rather feminine. :)

I'm confused though. I thought that the point was indeed to transition to a woman, but you just said you're not a trans woman. Could you clarify that for us laymen? :)

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Thanks Niunio and bamccaig :D.

Questions are good! I'm specifically "non-binary trans-feminine" which means I don't identify as male or female and wish to present as female/feminine. In my case, I like a lot about my "previous" masculine identity, like my sense of masculine style, which I'm keeping as an "enby" (non-binary person). I still dress feminine a lot, too, because it's really validating, but I'll still wear a nice pair of jeans, graphic guy tee, and hip blazer (in fact, I do that more often than skirts, dresses, etc - though I've started to wear a lot of women's jeans because they fit me better).

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

A very satisfactory answer. I am stoned. :) I do think that will be really difficult for society to adapt to. By that I only mean for language (and thought processes/assumptions) to change to reflect it. The way that we all think is incompatible at the moment. Or am I just paranoid from the pot?

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

The fork has endangered this thread!

{"name":"612532","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/1\/d17405cc5b48d6dd560d8754ba0e03e5.png","w":1040,"h":610,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/1\/d17405cc5b48d6dd560d8754ba0e03e5"}612532

I added a silly skin for my best friend. :) So many easter eggs in my game it's craaaazy.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Agreed, the fork never should have happened. >:( It's going to be twice as much work now.

That said, it's good that it has encouraged us to be more active. Perhaps this will just double our activities.

In any case, this is mostly a bump. Easter eggs happen to be one of the best things about games so having a game full of them can only help (assuming they aren't all inside jokes).

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Sometimes I dream of being an entrepreneur, but I don't think I have the necessary skills. Anyway, I'm stoned, but I just thought of creating a food company that creates tasty favorites from modern diets that are devoid of balanced nutrition, and manages to make them more like how food appeared in nature: carbohydrates scarce, usually tied to fiber; healthy doses of fat, minimal sodium, plenty of vitamins and minerals.

I often imagine a beer that is full of fiber. I don't know how you could achieve such a thing without making it taste horrible, but if you could I believe it would be valuable. I similarly just imagined a pasta dish that is essentially balanced. Of course, making things taste good while remaining nutritious is the challenge and likely why this doesn't exist yet. However, I don't think you need to aim for perfection either. I think that it's enough to make a good product that a niche market can choke down for better health. And if you manage to appeal to most people that's a bonus.

Append:

More ideas:

• A Dennis the Menace film/video game/media based on an adult character that went down a bad path. Like a dark movie about a low life. :P

• I wonder if instead of constantly adding new laws we should be doing full reviews of them, sort of like source code, to try to clean them up, make things clearer, and fix bad laws/mistakes/errors, and entirely remove stupid laws. :P I suppose some of this is being done already, maybe all of it, but it just seems like more emphasis should be put on simplicity (though I'm conflicted because I understand the need for law to be very precise and account for exceptions..). What I'm trying to say is shorter laws are easier to learn/remember/enforce/etc.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

A lot of the Easter eggs (most of them) are just jokes and stuff most people will get. Like there's a chicken named Sanders. Like Colonel Sanders from KFC, right? But it doesn't stop there. You can discuss politics with this chicken... like Bernie Sanders. ;D Double joke! There's only a few exclusive "in jokes" because it definitely can get tiring.

I'm buying my first suit. :'( But it's a woman's suit. ;D Getting the fit might be hard, but I'm hoping it won't (my body is pretty feminine - narrow shoulders, etc - so maybe not???).

edit: Gosh it's some awesome to finally see my correct name here. :'(

---
they / she

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

I often imagine a beer that is full of fiber. I don't know how you could achieve such a thing without making it taste horrible, but if you could I believe it would be valuable

Let me introduce you to my friend:

{"name":"612534","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3fd823fcbfddf8439f2b31043e332894.jpg","w":1297,"h":1297,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3fd823fcbfddf8439f2b31043e332894"}612534

I love Google photos image search

bamccaig said:

A Dennis the Menace film/video game/media based on an adult character that went down a bad path. Like a dark movie about a low life.

British Dennis or American Dennis? The former is much more a low life than the latter.

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

86.45°F?

Not all America.

That was our low yesterday. The high was 109°F (42.78°C).

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Bam: Laws generally don't get simplified or removed without pursuing deregulation, which the Democrats tend to dislike. Of course, point out that reducing the amount of federal rules has been a major Trump policy goal and they'll flat out hate it.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Conservative politicians only deregulate industries/corporations. Conservative politicians are only in it to get rich themselves. Corporations love to get deregulated because they get to maximize profits at the expense of health and safety and [not so ironically] conservation. There's great reason for anybody to dislike deregulation. Especially in the USA, where there's nowhere near ENOUGH regulation. It's all corruption. Corporations do whatever they want, executives and politicians get rich, while workers and citizens get screwed, and the environment gets destroyed.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

There you go right back to far left propaganda. There's no point for me to bother responding, I'm not going to get much centrist discussion here.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

There is no point for you to bother responding because you're standing for the weaker position. I don't get told what to believe. I choose very carefully what to believe.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

There's no point debating raynebc. He's too set in his ways. His idea of a centrist discussion is where he spouts his Trump brainwashing and we take him seriously.

Every time there's something you don't agree with, you immediately dismiss it as 'far left propaganda'. You refuse to tell us where you get your news, both you and Arthur so we can judge it for ourselves.

rainman said:

Bam: Laws generally don't get simplified or removed without pursuing deregulation, which the Democrats tend to dislike. Of course, point out that reducing the amount of federal rules has been a major Trump policy goal and they'll flat out hate it.

It's called an amendment, and they get passed all the time.

Yes, reducing the number of rules that prohibit him and his cronies from profiting even more off of people the planet and our health.

In other news, how would YOU feel if Federal Troops invaded YOUR city. Trump is a sycophant with delusions of grandure. Reminds me of the Emperor's new clothes. Trump thinks he's clothed with glory, but he's stark naked and there's nothing to be proud of.

In the news, federal troops descend on Portland protests, tear gassing and pepper spraying a wall of mothers on the front line of a peaceful protest. Trump said and I quote, "Fantastic job" those troops did in Portland. He's sending troops to Chicago, NY, Seattle, and anywhere else they are democratically led. This is just another political move.

So raynebc, do you approve of the Gestapo kidnapping citizens? Because that's what they did. And your precious Police did nothing to stop them.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Leftists gonna leftist, what can I do about it? Their brains are permanently stained by their ideology.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

raynebc said:

Leftists gonna leftist, what can I do about it? Their brains are permanently stained by their ideology.

Anyone who believes in a single ideology, be they leftist, rightist, or whetever, is not to be trusted.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc, you're just avoiding the issue because you know what you're saying is wrong and its embarassing. I get it man, its okay, you've got a reputation as a Republican to defend. And a vote for Trump. (Sung to the tune of 'now that's a spicy meatball') Now that's a slippery slope to stand on.

Once again, you've dismissed all my arguments as leftist and completely avoided the debate. If you wanna forfeit, by all means go ahead and admit you're wrong.

Reaganomics don't work.

Trickle down doesn't work.

Systemic racism is an issue.

These are basic facts, proven again and again. Give up dude.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

No, I'm just not interested in what revcom types have to say, Edgar. The level of detail and articulation I've used to argue with you hasn't mattered in the slightest, it's been a waste of time. You are at least as entrenched as you claim me to be, and I don't consider your radical opinions to be justified. I'll continue to keep up with left wing, center and right wing news so I know what's going on, and you will keep stewing in your left wing media and never leave the inside of your crazy bubble. There's really nothing left to argue about.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

Here's an idea: abandon all biased news sources and get your news from an unbiased source instead.

All news sources have bias, especially since they're all owned by a mere ~5 corporations total now. It's never been easier to pay a single corporation to influence so many outlets.

That being said, you can tease out the bias if you actually try to go in with an objective mind and ask yourself constantly "what are they trying to get me to feel". What's the picture of? Is it an objective photo, or a stylized one? Do they actually list their sources or just say "a source" or equally bad, link to their own reporting (though an affiliate owned by the same master company)--they use themselves as a source.

Notice the verbs they use. "Trump attacks journalists", and "Journalists challenge Trump" can be literally the same event and both are still wrong. They're making Trump appear to be evil for disagreeing with journalists during an event, or, trying to make their own journalists appear to be heroes while continually interrupting a press event. Both those things have happened. (And no, this isn't a defense of the incredibly stupid things Trump has done. But two wrongs don't make a right.)

The left is pretty notorious for using under-handed tactics to bias you. (What? No they don't--) like when they posted a picture of Bernie Sanders as 'a dirty jew with his dirty jew money' with a mountain of fake money photoshopped next to him. (do--- oh.... yeah....)

Basically, start watching some Tim Pool videos ("boo, hiss, he's not the "right" kind of liberal!") because an an actual journalist he knows their tricks and dissects their news articles. You'll find trends. Patterns. Tactics. You'll also notice there's no actual integrity or "bar." There's only tactics. The very singular outlet will shun men for "ranking women" while in the same year, releasing their "top 10 bulges of male Olympics players".

They also love to show only parts of videos which is why you should ALWAYS wait till more of the video comes out before becoming a braindead "ally" and jumping into their cause. The Covington Kids famously won a lawsuit against a media company something that's almost impossible to do because of the 1st amendment. They won because it was absolutely, unequivocally, lies, that were reported to make those poor highschool boys look like racist monsters when the actual footage was a racist native american instigator... literally tried to instigate a fight for PR while a bunch of literal "black zionists" (black people who believe ancient Israelis were all black) were screaming racial epithets at the kids--which were entirely cropped from the videos and never discussed at all in the national news.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

There is no unbiased news source. If you think your news is perfectly neutral you're probably wrong. Tim Pool is about as good an alternative to such an unattainable target as I can find, him being a left of center moderate who as far as I can tell, honestly analyzes and discusses national and global news.

Edit: Looks like Chris is of the same balanced mind-set. Glad there's more than one voice of dissent in this otherwise echo-chamber of a thread.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It's seriously tiring to keep repeating the same goddamn things to you two. :P Pay attention.

bamccaig said:

For provincial, national, and international news I predominantly use Reuters. I explicitly sought out an unbiased news source, and that's what I came across[1]. I don't understand why anybody would want news that is politically biased. News is meant to be truth, and the truth is not biased. I avoid most MSM sources because they're heavily biased and corrupt. Which isn't to say that Reuters can't possibly be biased or corrupt, but I certainly haven't seen anything to imply that it is, and it seems to be well respected overall too.

bamccaig said:

Not the original source, but my top Google search result today for "Reuters political bias": https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/reuters/ "Overall, we rate Reuters Least Biased based on objective reporting and Very High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information with minimal bias and a clean fact check record."

Tell us your news sources and we can compare their results on https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/. Feel free to also compare "left" news sources that you think are biased (you'll likely find that indeed they are).

There are unbiased journalists in the world, but you have to seek them out. Don't expect them to get pumped through your TV unless you're using the Internet from a smart TV.

I'm not familiar with Tim Pool, but it sounds like despite claims of being a centrist or liberal he actually sides with the alt-right in America most of the time. It's no surprise then that you both think he's a good source: he agrees with you. Careful that you aren't relying on confirmation bias. :P

Go to: