Member #5,034
September 2004

That's Shawn Hargreaves.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hi there. Who's not yet confined ?

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Hi there. Who's not yet confined ?

New Zealand is on day four of a 28 day lockdown, but I still have to go to work as my workplace is considered an essential service.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

{"name":"612391","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/c\/fce3ec4e41acd5606c09c08f29efe730.jpg","w":720,"h":1085,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/c\/fce3ec4e41acd5606c09c08f29efe730"}612391

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

I wasn't suggesting Shawn was Bernie, but DirectX.

I see, my mistake. It's always funny the huge dichotomy in purported DX importance. Indies and students world over will swear it's useless, while I've rarely met a triple A dev who would even consider anything else where they can use it.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

@NiteHacker I have a few medics and nurses in my family/friends. The places where the covid19 is rocking are overwhelmed and the >50yo suffer the most deaths. Let's hope for you that it's not going to hop onto Canada. (wait ... isn't that curve growing exponantially ?)
Anyway all the old grunts who think it's a hoax should try to get it as quick and as much as they can. It'll make less retirement and medical fee for their old days.
Wait and see bro.
@Lenny good luck to you. I hope you'll not catch it / you'll not give it ^^

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Oh, the virus is quite real, no doubt about it. People have died from it. I'm not stupid. But it is not as bad as they make out. No where near as bad as the flu has been! It is in Canada. So far, in Ontario, there have been 1,439 confirmed cases of it with 21 deaths (and I question that number as when someone dies from it, even if they had a pre-existing condition, they will blame it on covid-19 every time). So mathematically, that's a 1.46% (rounding up) morbidity IF you get it. The population of Ontario is an estimated 13.6 million, so that's only 0.01% of the population that actually has it after four months of it being out, and three of those months, our borders were all wide open and businesses were all open as well.

Now compare that to flu deaths where there are between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths annually world wide. This virus doesn't even come close.

In the USA, back during the 2017-2018 flu season it killed 80,000 people that year alone, and that was ONLY in the USA. This hasn't even come CLOSE to that. The flu had already killed 82 people in Canada as of January 19th, I don't have the numbers for what that is now. But that is more than have died from COVID-19 back then. In 2019 there was such a bad outbreak of the flu in Quebec that Montreal hospitals were swamped with people.

As for Italy, from what I have heard, it has mainly been the northern part of Italy that has been hit worse, and that is mostly Chinese living there, so no surprise. Also, the elderly tend to be badly effected by most illnesses of this type, the flu included.

Sorry if us "old grunts" annoy you so much. But I have seen many more of this same stuff over the years than you have, with much more severe viruses. This is being blown way out of proportion and it will cost us big time with the Canadian government foolishly spending $107B we can't afford, while the economy is in a stasis, that is a good recipe for an economic crash and depression which is a greater danger to the nation.

---

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

NiteHackr doesn't understand exponential growth.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

A major point worth mentioning on comparing numbers.

If somebody dies of flu-like symptoms, but was never tested, they blame the flu.

If somebody dies of COVID-19 like symptoms but was never tested, they don't count it as COVID-19. The numbers are under-reported.

Those numbers don't tell the story. Instead, look at the hospitals in NYC, Atlanta, Italy, etc, that are at or beyond capacity. That doesn't happen with the flu. Why? COVID-19 is way worse in terms of length of hospital stay and death rate.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

video

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

And anyway in case of diseases the only accurate number to look at is the number of deaths, which is way underestimated everywhere.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

If somebody dies of COVID-19 like symptoms but was never tested, they don't count it as COVID-19. The numbers are under-reported.

Not true. If someone has covid-19 and some other illnesses, if they die, even of something else, it has been reported that they mark it down as a covid-19 death, so the covid-19 deaths are being blown out of proportion.

If they're underestimated for COVID-19, they're underestimated for the flu! You have to apply the same logic to all viruses or you're showing a clear bias.

Even so, this is a story from December, 2019. FAR MORE people die annually from the flu, and those numbers continue to rise as the study in this article proves.

“The CDC said between 291,000 and 646,000 people die from seasonal flu-linked respiratory illnesses. Earlier projections from the World Health Organization’s earlier projections of deaths from seasonal flu — 250,000 to 500,000 per year — “are outdated,” according to the study published Wednesday in The Lancet.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/cdc-says-more-people-die-of-influenza-worldwide-than-who-estimated

---

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

NiteHackr said:

If they're underestimated for COVID-19, they're underestimated for the flu! You have to apply the same logic to all viruses or you're showing a clear bias.

You are a first class moron. Just re-read my post.

Flu numbers are estimated based on general symptoms over known flu seasons. Studies are done. It isn't about summing up exact numbers from people who tested positive for the flu.

For example, see: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/covid-19-case-count-nc

Quote:

This number reflects deaths reported to public health in persons with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19

I guarantee you that studies will be done after this is all over that give estimates using the same type of studies that are done with the flu, and you will be shocked at the number of deaths attributed to COVID-19 when we have apples-to-apples comparison. Again just look at overcrowded hospitals -- despite elective surgeries being put on hold. This way more severe than a flu. Even our stupid President understands that now, and he is probably the dumbest person I've ever heard talk.

For example, the number of deaths in Italy have risen significantly compared to the same time period last year. Only 30% of these deaths are directly attributed to confirmed COVID-19. This means that it is reasonable to think that potentially for every confirmed death in Italy there are actually 3.3.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Happy Transgender Day of Visibility. :o

The Duke Energy Center in Charlotte, NC was lit up with the transgender pride colors (white/blue/pink) last night, probably a happy coincidence. 8-)

{"name":"612396","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/b\/cb5c608c660a06344580bf9c90cdb07d.png","w":400,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/b\/cb5c608c660a06344580bf9c90cdb07d"}612396

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

just look at overcrowded hospitals

So why does the liberal media have to resort to [this type of bullshit](ttps://www.google.com/search?q=cbs+shows+italian+hospital+new+york&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8) if it's so bad?

Quote:

Even our stupid President understands that now, and he is probably the dumbest person I've ever heard talk.

Dumber than Hillary "Sniper Fire" Clinton? How about "Free Stuff" Bernie? Or even Piccolo? I suspect it's mostly a "just folks" persona. Point out some dumb people who made billions of dollars.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The media is so desperate for attention and narrative control that they forget they're supposed to be relaying the news. They're trash.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

You are a first class moron.

Notice I replied to you in a civilized manor and I purposly refrained from hurling insults. Forget it, I won't bother to respond again if you can't carry on a normal debate without insults.

The following video pretty much sums up my feelings...

video

---

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

There's no debate here. Just truth and facts.

I do believe I called you "first class," which is the nicest thing I've said to anyone this week.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

@Matthew Leverton: add in an option to delete my account, or delete it for me please. I'm done here.

---

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

How many times did I heard that ? My counter is broken .
IF you do not like to come and debate, then just don't log in ^^

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

We're all friends here. We only have these discussions because we love each other. :-*

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

X-D

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: