December 2004

jmasterx said:

For whom are funerals for?

Not the dead, that's for sure.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

bambam said:

The only way to guarantee no baby is no sex. That might work well for losers...

Or you know, asexual people...

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

bamccaig said:

The only way to guarantee no baby is no sex.

Virgin Mary: Am I a joke to you?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Or you know, asexual people...

Valid point. Though I seriously question whether people are truly asexual or simply have a hormone imbalance or something else wired "wrong". It seems scientists are unconvinced still too.

It's pretty common for women to experience very low libidos. Most of them could do without sex for years, if not indefinitely, without giving it much thought. Though with the right stimulation they come alive again. Apparently "asexuality" is much more common in women. Which I think you could argue is a correlation, but certainly I think researchers need to spend more time on it.

Anyway, I'm not trying to offend you. If you want to identify as asexual that's fine with me. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. Though if you are missing out on aspects of life due to a treatable condition I think it's unfortunate to have that overlooked.

I think it can also be argued that the terminology is misleading. It's not as though your physiology is capable of asexual reproduction. And likely your body is still capable of sexual reproduction, even if you lack an interest in doing so. You're not actual "asexual" in the original sense. Rather, it seems people who identify as asexual lack an identifiable libido. If they've tried every known treatment to increase their libido and had no effect then fair enough. But if it's just an excuse to be left alone being "different" I don't know that it's necessarily healthy to encourage that.

Meh. To each their own.

jmasterx said:

Virgin Mary: Am I a joke to you?

100%, yes.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I think my therapist is more qualified to talk on this than you and for the last six months that has been a critical component of our discussions. Everything you said is wrong.

Asexual does not mean you don't have a libido. Sexual desire, sexual attraction, libido are all very different things. You can be asexual have a high libido, for example. When I was younger that was the case. (It was miserable.) The qualifier for asexual is generally not being sexually attracted to others.

My hormones are fine. I have my estrogen and testosterone levels checked frequently, you know, because I'm transitioning and all that. Within a few months they'll be in the normal cis-gender woman's ranges which will be great for me. But have zero affect on my sexuality.

I'm sex-repulsed asexual; I find sex disgusting and do not feel sexual attraction. The most rewarding intimate relationships I've had did not involve sex. The worst intimate relationships I've had involved me being shamed or otherwise coerced into something /I did not want/--sex.

I'd suggest reading "The Invisible Orientation."

This kind messes with Edgar's idea that homosexuality is lust because I don't feel lust and don't like sex but whatever. :) (I'm panromantic asexual, for reference--I'm romantically attracted to others regardless of gender but have zero interest in sex).

Sorry for all the edits, I'm sick (oOoOoooooOOOOOo hopefully not Corona) and am super tired, having a splitting headache, and just want to sleep.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'd suggest not talking about things you're clueless on.

What a sheltered existence that must be. If you don't talk about ideas how do you expect them to spread?

Asexual does not mean you don't have a libido. Sexual desire, sexual attraction, libido are all very different things. You can be asexxual have a high libido, for example.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Though Google's definition for libido is "sexual desire". :-X Wikipedia's first paragraph appears to indicate the same. Is it laborious to define them each?

I'd suggest reading "The Invisible Orientation."

I wish I could read fast enough to do so. Though just the summary was provocative.

I really think the name is what sabotages the idea. It's a misleading name. It says one thing, and it means another. That's a bad name.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

LennyLen: The hard sciences don't disagree about what a unique human life is.

Bam: Just wanting fun and ignoring the consequences is not something responsible people do. People should be using multiple forms of birth control SIMULTANEOUSLY. The morning after pill and similar pre-pregnancy options exist, and I don't begrudge anyone their use. Abortion does more than emotional trauma, people have died from complications during abortion, and abortions have been seen to cause other health problems. I don't make religious arguments. Human fetuses are human lives by secular, scientific standards. Whether human lives have value is a philosophical debate, but whether a life is a life literally is not a philosophical debate. And that was quite bigoted of you to exclude asexual people. So lastly: Fuck you, you amoral clump of cells. I don't appreciate your abhorrent opinions on life and death, but I'm not inhuman enough to say you have no value. You have value to somebody.

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Guys, chill. Don't make me lock this thread.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Bob said:

Aw, c'mon, we're just getting started!

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

The worst thing to do would be to lock AT 9000 :(

Let this f​​u​c​k​e​r get over 9000 or shut the site down >:(

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Forty Four Hundred and Eighty Eight posts on the thread, 4488 posts on the thread, take one down pass it around Forty Four Hundred and Eighty Nine posts on the wall.

And now, from your coronavirus overlords - we're going to pay you to stay home. Don't worry we'll cut your medicare later...

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Bob said:

Perhaps we should. XKCD's "Time" thread reached well over 2668 pages when it crashed the server.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

March 23st will be the 2rd anniversary of ItsyRealm's development.

If it weren't for Corona, I'd be making lemon cupcakes w/ purple frosting (you know, because ItsyRealm's logo is yellow/purple) this weekend and share them with friends & coworkers to celebrate on Monday. >:( Angry sounds.

---
they / she

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

March 23st will be the 2rd anniversary

I'm curious why you do not write it
March 23rd will be the 2nd anniversary

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Because I was being stupid. :p

Or is it because I am stupid? Dun dun dun.

*edit:* Do GIFs work? Let's see...

Guess not. Anyway...

Chicken Politickin': You tackle giant oversized chickens (WITH HATS!) for combat XP and cooking supplies while a useless farmer runs around freaking out... it's just poetic.

*edit:* Does video work?

video

Nice.

---
they / she

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

{"name":"612386","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/e\/2eeedef2666f1f75220fe33c8b3b1df3.jpg","w":720,"h":960,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/e\/2eeedef2666f1f75220fe33c8b3b1df3"}612386
;D

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

MDR X-D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Last man posting in this thread is a rotten egg.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

My first CD-ROM drive. Anyone remember these? The whole thing came out!
{"name":"612387","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/2\/32357b6f934400857307809388182b15.jpg","w":1280,"h":720,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/2\/32357b6f934400857307809388182b15"}612387

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I don't think I ever saw anything that crazy.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

What, DirectX isn't dead yet? Well thank Microsoft for propping it up.

EDIT
It's like weekend at Bernie's all over again.

{"name":"910Bo7TD9yL._SY445_.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/7\/47e6cb36a9891a04752262872fc4da49.jpg","w":308,"h":445,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/7\/47e6cb36a9891a04752262872fc4da49"}910Bo7TD9yL._SY445_.jpg

Go to: