Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

No there are plenty of times it went down because of his big mouth on Twitter, or his dodgy trade deals with China. But specifically this is because of the virus.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Speaking of the virus, does it strike anyone else as careless that they're just letting infected people "self isolate?"

Wait, you're infected, and you don't have any background at all in biology or medicine? You should be perfectly fine to not spread this then. Go home and just try not to cough on people and stuff!

Week later:

Breaking news. The virus that we all thought wasn't going to be a problem has spread like wildfire and now we're thinking it might be a problem.

>:( >:( >:(

Unrelated, but I've been down with a flu for about a week now. Missed 3 days of work this week. Fever and chills. I can't remember the last time I was sick like this. And I honestly wanted to get a damn flu shot this year too, but we were busy with new house things and it never got done...

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

bamccaig said:

Unrelated, but I've been down with a flu for about a week now. Missed 3 days of work this week. Fever and chills. I can't remember the last time I was sick like this.

Unrelated my ass >:(

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Bam has the virus >:(

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I haven't had a flu and barely get a cold since I was in my 20s, and I have never been vaccinated. But keep getting those vaccines and pumping your system full of toxins and then wonder why you are getting the flu worse and worse. I'm just some crazy old man now who doesn't know what he's talking about. I even beat type 2 diabetes. I stopped taking pills for it five years ago, against my doctors wishes. Been fine.

But that's another topic. Yeah, stock market dipped, who was in charge had nothing to do with that. I would put the blame squarely on the media who is really trying to put a scare into people in order to cause economic problems on purpose. Also, this has conveniently put a stop to the Hong Kong protests hasn't it? But I am sure this is all coincidental.

{"name":"612352","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/9\/99b266362b9d88fa5b60c16ce1ffe53a.jpg","w":856,"h":604,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/9\/99b266362b9d88fa5b60c16ce1ffe53a"}612352

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Once a coronavirus vaccine is prepared, you bet your but I'm gonna take it. And I'll be glad to jab a few stupid people like you to make sure it doesn't spread too.

Also, you're dumb.

People's Democratic Republic of North Korea. Why don't you move there.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Y'all are cruel, why should we hate people that share different views, perspectives and opinions than us? Even when someone gets the facts wrong, why all the hate? I don't get it.

You two are clearly very different and very incompatible people, but there's no reason to hate either of you. You both fight for what you believe in. There is no such thing as right or wrong. While there is no scientific evidence to show that vaccines cause any short or long term damage of any kind, as it is not, as some are misinformed about a 'shot of the virus', it also may very well have no effect on you. And doctors also do their best with what they have and often over prescribe as a precautionary measure. They honestly have no idea if some pills will help or not. Statistically they help a lot of people with similar symptoms so they prescribe it. Doctors are basically like this:
They see how the software behaves, and have a bunch of patches that worked for other software, but they can't access or modify the source code. So it's not easy.

I never understood why people hate other people over their beliefs. ???

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Democrats: "Everyone knows, border control is unethical."

Coronavirus: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

also, I made a meme:

{"name":"2MktFP9.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/c\/2c6544fe4473bbd094e2a816248125d6.png","w":593,"h":713,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/c\/2c6544fe4473bbd094e2a816248125d6"}2MktFP9.png

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

If ever there was a case for border security, a virus pandemic scare is a good one. Italy's unwillingness to stop the flow of travelers across its borders will be why it is the biggest conduit for COVID-19 to spread throughout Europe. I don't get flu shots annually as I fight off sickness naturally over the course of a couple days per year, and I follow good sanitary practices when I am sick (ie. covering my coughs/sneezes, using sanitizer frequently and keeping my hands clean, etc). This year I got the sickest I'd been in decades, even had to get antibiotics to get rid of pneumonia. My coworkers have called in sick quite a bit. This is a very bad year for a new virus.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

And I'll be glad to jab a few stupid people like you to make sure it doesn't spread too.

Do that and it will be the last thing you ever do kid. I'll flatten your ass and you'll be a bloody mess on the pavement when I'm done pounding the living shit out of you. So think twice. You would be best to cross the street before coming near me Marc.

You don't want to push your luck with me kid. I can respect your opinion and if you want to be retarded and inject poison into your body, go for it, but if you EVER threaten me or my family with that shit, I WILL GET VERY VERY VIOLENT ON YOUR ASS!!! Guaranteed!!! >:(>:(>:(

On another note...
{"name":"612353","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e63389e2f652328ed09e422678daa9d8.jpg","w":660,"h":747,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e63389e2f652328ed09e422678daa9d8"}612353

---

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

duplicate post

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I'm sorry but I can't stand anti-vaxxers. THEY ARE THE REASON THE DISEASES SPREAD! I don't immunize myself just for me but for others around me, who, if they got sick, would probably die. My mother just spent the last two months getting over a virus and if she got coronavirus she would die. So yeah, I will forcibly vaccinate you to protect my mother's life.

It is expected to take approximately 12-18 months before the vaccines are ready. If we can contain it that long, we will be safe.

They say it has a 'low' mortality rate. 2%. Guess what 2% of the population of the US is? 6 million people dead. That's another holocaust.

The coronavirus has a HIGH rate of TRANSMISSION, which means it can easily spread and die down, and flare back up at will.

The mortality rate rises with the age of the infected host. So old people will be the first ones to die. Youths and children showed the lowest rate of mortality.

- Proud needle user (for vaccines and donating blood) - 

8-)

EDIT FOR INTERIM POST FROM NITEHACKR
Neil why do you feel necessary to threaten me with violence? Your stupidity is what makes people sick. God gave us vaccines so the smart people would live. Go ahead and kill yourself off if you want, bother me not.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

MARC, according to virologist experts, getting vaccinated does not prevent the spread of any virus. So that is utterly false. But I am sure you, in your expert opinion, will argue against this, whatever. If you get vaccinated, you don't need to worry about whether I have any virus or not BECAUSE YOU WILL BE VACCINATED RIGHT?!

And if you don't like being threatened, don't start it! You threaten to "jab me with a needle" and I WILL GET VIOLENT ON YOU. Period! You think I am a pushover, come on over and try it kid! You'll find out the hard way what happens.

Vaccines contain many toxins which are harmful to us. Just go to the CDC website and look it up yourself, it isn't difficult. I have never had a flu vaccine and I haven't had a flu since I was in my 20s. The last time I got a flu I was still using my Amiga computer and hadn't even started with Allegro yet. Just for some perspective. I rarely even get a cold, in fact, I don't recall the last cold I got either.

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

NEIL ROY (See I can play with your name like a child too)

Old man, I would knock you flat on your sorry A$$. Don't start shit you can't finish. ;)

Yes, NEIL a VIRUS will SPREAD if people CARRY IT. The people who GET IT are the ones who aren't VACCINATED. Just because YOU ALONE have a LUCKY track record for the flu doesn't make EVERYONE ELSE SAFE.

And YOU are the one THREATENING VIOLENCE UPON ME because if YOU GET SICK and spread the DISEASE to someone ELSE who spreads it to someone ELSE who spreads it to one of my family or friends and WE DIE ITS YOUR FAULT. Vaccination is self defense. Any other ideology on this subject is just plain absurd. God gave us medicine and doctors so we could deal with sickness.

No vaccine is 100% effective, but in the vast majority of cases it grants you nearly full immunity to the virus. Viruses mutate though, and that means a vaccine for one strain of the virus won't necessarily protect you from another strain.

To say that ANY person is not 100% responsible for the other people they get sick, is not rational. If I know I have AIDS, and I have sex with someone without their knowledge of me having it, I have murdered them. I know someone who went to prison for 25 years for infecting someone with HIV unwittingly and knowingly. You are that person Neil.

EDIT
Thanks for pointing out the CDC.

See Why you should get vaccinated to put an end to this mythological archaic belief of yours.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

{"name":"612354","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b159886a9db546c16a45303c9372505.gif","w":320,"h":180,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b159886a9db546c16a45303c9372505"}612354

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Sorry Neil. No really, I'm sorry you're so thick.

The LORD set me upon a rock.

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.

First of all, you need to stop taking everything so literally. You think I really give a fuck enough about you to fly all the way to some freezing ass wilderness in Canada to vaccinate you against your will? It's called hyperbole.

Second, you need to stop threatening me. And you need to get this complex out of your head that my identity is any of your business. I prefer anonymity but you insist on outing me! I care not. I am not the same person nor am I in the same situation I was in before. I needed anonymity for my own safety, but here you are using my real name repeating it like some barking dog. So by your own action, you are threatening my life.

Be like water my friend. Water can be still, or it can be violent. Be still.

Only in the silence can we hear our Creator.

By the way, you should really stop talking to yourself alone in alleys. It's frankly, a little disturbing. :-X

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I think what happened in Samoa is a good example of why we should vaccinate. They had a very low vaccination rate so Measles ran rampant throughout the country. Then, they went in and vaccinated pretty much everyone in the country and the disease stopped.

And there were 0 vaccine "injuries."

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@NiteHackr: I'm legitimately curious, are you against all vaccines or just some? For example, do you routinely get vaccinated for tetanus?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

No, he's just stubborn and believes that faith is the solution to everything. While that is true, he is abusing it. Because if he had faith that God provides, he would know that God provided us medicine because he knew we would have to deal with sickness. But whatever, he just wants to pray it away.

https://truthbook.com/stories/funny-god/the-drowning-man

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

jmasterx said:

Bam has the virus >:(

If I did it would surely help with the 4/5 sick days I've used already this year. :'( My symptoms seemed to start with a sore throat though and that seems to be very uncommon with coronavirus though so I likely have something else. I'm guessing a flu. I haven't bothered going to a hospital because I have no reason to believe that it's bacterial (and no reason to believe that it's as severe as coronavirus) and so doctors can't do anything for me.

NiteHackr said:

I haven't had a flu and barely get a cold since I was in my 20s, and I have never been vaccinated. But keep getting those vaccines and pumping your system full of toxins and then wonder why you are getting the flu worse and worse. I'm just some crazy old man now who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I've never had a flu shot before in my life, but now I want to get one every year! Our bodies are very complicated and very fragile. They're also very powerful. They can automatically ward off many infections. It's really quite impressive. Of course, that doesn't mean that you won't suffer along the way. Only that you'll probably survive [most things you're likely to catch]. For a man that doesn't work for a living I guess that's OK. What does it hurt to be uncomfortable at home? For a man that is expected to show up 240 days a year though getting seriously sick is a real bummer.

I've had a rough few days, but my body seems to be winning. My body is still fighting though. I still have a sore throat and a dry cough. No prescription medicine (there really isn't any for viruses). No flu shot. That doesn't mean that a flu shot wouldn't have helped prevent this in the first place though. I've been sick plenty of times in my lifetime. Probably more often than average. My immune system is still struggling with it though. Append: Also to help my immune system get on top of this I've avoided alcohol and cannabis[1], and I've been popping Advil to relieve aches and chills, and "Cold-FX(tm)" to hopefully provide me with the necessary vitamins and minerals to fuel my fight. It's still been slow going though.

My wife teaches children so I have the unfortunate pleasure of her, with her battle hardened immune system, carrying bugs home nearly every week that my body gets to go up against. Parents are also expected to show up 240 days a year or more because our government doesn't believe that sick people should stay isolated, and so those parents cannot afford to stay home with their sick children, and instead they all send their sick children to school to infect all of the other children (and their families, and the teachers' families).

NiteHackr said:

I even beat type 2 diabetes. I stopped taking pills for it five years ago, against my doctors wishes. Been fine.

It's much more likely that either (a) you still have diabetes, and are either improving through lifestyle changes (studies have shown that changing to a more healthy diet can pretty much reverse some types of diabetes) or simply don't realize how close you are to abandoning your wife; OR (b) your doctor misdiagnosed you in the first place. Medicine is not magic. Doctors don't really know what is going on in our bodies. This isn't a TV show or movie. They just have a general understanding of how the human body works, and how previously identified conditions present themselves, and what tests may strongly correlate to those conditions. It's still a lot of guesswork though. It's even worse in Ontario (or Canada in general) where the health care sector is underfunded and where we struggle to keep good doctors around (or any doctors, for that matter).

video

NiteHackr said:

I would put the blame squarely on the media who is really trying to put a scare into people in order to cause economic problems on purpose.

The media is run by corporations. For-profit corporations, most of the time. Publicly funded media is controlled by government that is controlled by for-profit corporations. If you think that for-profit corporations want economic problems then you're deluded. The media prints what sells the best. It's not scare tactic to warn people about coronavirus. It is very deadly. Several doctors and even administrators in the ground zero hospital have died from it. These people probably have some of the best immune systems in the world, and they have medical training for treating and containing viruses. That didn't help them though. It's no joke.

jmasterx said:

Y'all are cruel, why should we hate people that share different views, perspectives and opinions than us? Even when someone gets the facts wrong, why all the hate? I don't get it.

Stupid people are threatened by that which they do not understand. :-X Also, since they tend to be wrong they're worried that their bubble will pop and their lives will change. People are afraid of change because it's necessarily uncomfortable.

Democrats: "Everyone knows, border control is unethical."

raynebc said:

If ever there was a case for border security, a virus pandemic scare is a good one.

Border control doesn't mean much unless you're going to shut down your border and restrict Americans from coming back too. People of colour aren't more likely to be infected with coronavirus than caucasians. Travel of any kind right now seems risky to me. Then I don't travel for a living so that's easy for me to say. Without evidence to suggest that Mexico is improperly handling the coronavirus threat, or that it is losing the battle, it's pure racism to target that border.

I haven't heard anything about it so I just Googled. A day ago apparently there were 2 or 3 confirmed cases in Mexico. Well there have been way more in Canada. About 8 of them in Southern Ontario (a hundred miles from NiteHackr) which is right next to the US border (and also shares waterways with the US, though I'm not sure that matters).

If the USA is going to shut down borders over coronavirus I think it would make more sense to shut down the border with Canada first at this point. That won't likely happen though. Perhaps because the majority of Canadians are still caucasian.

Also some American communities on the Northern border rely on Canadian commerse to even exist.

NiteHackr said:

Do that and it will be the last thing you ever do kid.

Big tough man picking a fight with children, eh! ;D

NiteHackr said:

You don't want to push your luck with me kid. I can respect your opinion and if you want to be retarded and inject poison into your body, go for it, but if you EVER threaten me or my family with that shit, I WILL GET VERY VERY VIOLENT ON YOUR ASS!!! Guaranteed!!! >:(>:(>:(

Well, yeah, because you're not very intelligent and your hormones quickly overpower your intellect. That's not something to be proud of, though. I feel very sorry for you. I suggest anger management therapy, or perhaps talk to your doctor about treatment options to help control your rage. It's not like you don't have the time...

I mean, it was Jesus that said turn the other cheek. You're a complete fucking hypocrite. It's embarrassing. The reason you stop posting is because you realize you're making a fool of yourself. Unfortunately, after a year or so you forget and you come back and do it again. Maybe you should write a sticky-note on your monitor to wade through past threads before posting again so you can avoid it in the future. :-/

Also, while it's really not funny, I can't help being amused by the "church" (cult) in South Korea that is being accused of causing the virus to spread so quickly:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/21/world/asia/south-korea-coronavirus-shincheonji.html

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/02/27/world/asia/27reuters-china-health-southkorea-church.html

Certainly, just pray to God and he'll protect you!

It's that kind of stupid thinking that holds humanity back.

References

1. Research is lacking I think to say whether or not cannabis would help or hurt. Initially I was still vaping flower, but it started to irritate my already irritated throat. The only other THC I had in stock was capsules of pure THC suspended in MCT oil. I'm pretty much out of CBD oil. I initially took some of these capsules for recreation as I was cutting back on alcohol, but I don't really like the way that edibles kick in so slowly and subtly. And ultimately I concluded that THC without CBD was probably more likely to impair my immune function rather than boost it or remain neutral. I am definitely tempted to put in a new order for various cannabis products though, both for when I recover fully and perhaps for the next time I get sick to offer me some potential relief.
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

+1 Bams

I dunno,

These forums are becoming less and less fun to visit with time. I think I'll eventually just stop visiting and follow in the footsteps of Trent G, Peter W and many more. Is Aaron Bolyard the only one even making games around here anymore? ???

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

@NiteHackr: I'm legitimately curious, are you against all vaccines or just some? For example, do you routinely get vaccinated for tetanus?

Edgar answered it for me...

No, he's just stubborn and believes that faith is the solution to everything

As a matter of fact, the last visit to my doctor (which was forced upon me, either I visit or I lose my doctor, and anyone in Canada knows how hard it is to get a doctor up here in the land of free healthcare) he offered me a tetanus shot and I refused. He didn't like that, ah well, my body, my choice. I'm healthy and wish to keep it that way.

I could type out a lengthy list of things that have happened to me where faith in GOD has helped me. In one instance, I had something happen the instant I prayed about it, but it would be pointless to post in here. I prayed about my type 2 diabetes, it was healed, no longer on pills etc... and someone has already come up with a reason why it had nothing to do with my faith, so why bother to list off anything else or explain myself further. I'm certain someone will have a "rational" explanation as to why it happened (as opposed to my irrational faith which has kept me healthy).

If my improved health doesn't convince you that it works, absolutely nothing else will.

Anyhow, I already deleted my bookmark for this website, I think I'll go back to avoiding this place as it brings out the worst in me, which I do not like.

My apologies for my angry response, though I still feel that if you think that "jabbing me with a needle" to force your vaccines onto me or anyone is a good idea, than you need to seriously reevaluate your morals. And if nobody else in here sees his comment about doing that as wrong, well, that's all the more reason to avoid these forums.

I'm done "debating" in here, it's pointless. I'll do it my way which has actually worked. You trust your vaccines etc and see where that gets you. My mother trusted the doctors and this world and she died at 49. My oldest brother trusted the doctors, their pills and vaccines and he also died a few years ago. My father refused meds which made his legs weak (statins, very bad for you) and he just turned 79.

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

NiteHackr you just don't like making a fool out of yourself, which is all you seem to be doing.

WHO said:

WHO estimates immunizations prevent between two and three million deaths annually and protect many more people from illness and disability. It notes there are new life-saving vaccines against diarrhea and pneumonia, and reports the development of vaccines to protect adolescents and adults against influenza, meningitis and cervical and liver cancers.

Health officials urge nations to build upon these successes and not to become lulled into a sense of false security. They also note that measles and other diseases are spreading in the United States, Canada and Europe because some parents have stopped immunizing their children.

Go to: