Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

If you had any morals, I'd be concerned about your post.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

raynebc: I really don't understand why you even bother to post in here about politics. We understand the truth. Our opinions are based on the facts and on the United States constitution. Other opinions seem only based on emotions and deeply ingrained hatred, which tends to blind people from the facts, sadly.

When one side laughs at the other, and one side is angry at the other... I don't see any point in continuing. It's all just attacks back and forth with no meaningful dialog or interest in the truth. Neither side is going to change their point of view.

I see several points I am tempted to respond to, but then I realize, it didn't make any difference in the past, so it won't now. There will always be an argument back, or an excuse etc. Stating facts to people who are not interested in them is an utter waste of time and will only frustrate and anger you.

No matter what your political leanings are, the following senate hearing testimony should shock you and anger you... if you're honest anyhow.

video

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I probably pay more in taxes than raynebec so my opinion is worth more or something like that. ???

It's classic Republican thought to think those who fall sick to cancer, auto-immune diseases, diabetes, mental illness, or whatever else is a fault of character, too, l o l. I guess hard working, responsible people don't get sick. Hmm...

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

If you were living in 'Merikuh, you'd be swimming in debt, likely to lose your insurance, your job for not having enough vacation.

Happened to me. I everything "right". I never had credit card debt. I got a "real" degree in ENGINEEERING. Lost my job because I couldn't keep up with the work. Lost my insurance because I didn't have a job.

Oh, and the super affordable "obamacare" wanted >$550 / month (that was like 8 years ago, it's gone up like 10-20% every year since then).

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Epstein#Criticism_of_Google

Quote:

Epstein's white paper was not peer-reviewed and was challenged by other researchers. Among the criticisms was that a small sample size was used to extrapolate conclusions about a population of millions and the lack of disclosure of the underlying methodology. Panagiotis Metaxas, a Wellesley College computer science professor, said the paper demonstrated a possibility of "what such an influence could have been if Google was manipulating its electoral search results", adding "I and other researchers who have been auditing search results for years know that this did not happen."[21]

It's certainly concerning if Google or any other corporation is manipulating information shown to users to influence their political leanings. That said, whereas there doesn't appear to be any actual evidence that Google did this, we all know that Facebook played its part in it[1].

Let's not fucking pretend that elections are wholesome anymore. There are no democracies on planet Earth. There probably never were. Government is controlled by the wealthy. It should be illegal for money to influence politics, but that's the only thing that does. Science doesn't matter. Money talks. The entire thing is a sham.

So go fuck yourself with this bullshit nobody claiming that Google tampered with the previous election. His research is not supported by his peers so it counts for nothing in my book. That's the foundation of science. Anybody can do research. Unless your peers consider it solid work, and can reproduce the same results, it's circumstantial and unreliable.

Conservatives and Liberals/Democrats are all corrupt as fuck. If you are voting for a major party you are disillusioned at best or stupid at worst. They probably never represented the people, but they certainly never did in our lifetime. I personally believe that the system is broken by design. It was never intended to be a true democracy. There is far too much undeserved power being wielded by wealthy people, and government has the power to take it away. There is a reason they don't. Until you fix that government will remain broken, and life will remain unfair for the average person.

We may have it much better than the majority of our ancestors or even the majority of people living today. I think the bar is set pretty low though so I don't accept that as good enough. I think it's a shitty fucking deal considering how good the top 0.000001% has it, and they've done nothing to deserve it. That's a real shame. Unfortunately, it's human nature that the vast majority of people are dumb as bricks. See above. And so it isn't likely going to change in our lifetime. At this rate, it's likely the human species will be extinct before any real efforts are made to correct the imbalances of power and privilege.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

{"name":"612330","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc09b5232c728bfb3d8ddc8264ae9707.gif","w":363,"h":200,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc09b5232c728bfb3d8ddc8264ae9707"}612330

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Youtube has been well documented to suppress videos and manipulate result order for the same searches even depending on the country of the user's origin. I don't trust that Google doesn't manipulate things the same way. These big tech companies frequently change their products' behavior when they get called out by high profile users (mostly conservatives, since these companies have a left bias).

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Still think vaping is safe? Better check out this story.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/02/teen-needed-double-lung-transplant-warns-others-vaping-turned-lungs-rubber/

I don't know what people have against just breathing in air. Breathing ANYTHING in other than the air our lungs were designed for, will damage you somehow. Guaranteed.

Also notice that his lungs didn't evolve to be able to accept this substance.

---

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

You're so enlightened but you don't even know how evolution works, wtf.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

NiteHackr said:

Still think vaping is safe? Better check out this story.

Another case where the victim admitted vaping THC. The CDC released a statement last month (or perhaps it was even earlier) saying that in nearly every case they have looked at related to lung injuries caused by vaping that the victim was vaping THC that had been laced with vitamin E acetate.

These products are designed to be used with nicotine liquid as a smoking cessation technique, not as a way to take drugs. Blaming the vaping mechanism in this case is like blaming hypodermic needles when someone ODs on heroin.

Quote:

I don't know what people have against just breathing in air. Breathing ANYTHING in other than the air our lungs were designed for, will damage you somehow. Guaranteed.

To a point yes. Our lungs can inhale a decent amount of moisture and still self-regulate, or we wouldn't be able to live in humid climates, or work in steamy environments. I agree though that if you were to vape all day every day, it would be more than your lungs can handle. Like with all things, the key is moderation.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

People have been vaping for 5 or 10 years without serious issue. Many of the recent vaping injuries occurred within people that had only been vaping for a matter of months or a year. Clearly, it's not the vaping that caused the harm, but what they're vaping or how.

And don't blame it all on cannabis/THC either. People have been smoking, vaping, eating, and absorbing cannabinoids from cannabis for thousands of years. The culprit is not the THC, but some other ingredient that is being abused by black market producers trying to maximize profits at the expense of their customer's health.

I buy all of my cannabis products from the government. For the past year and change I have been vaping cannabis flower. Actual flower buds that are dried and shipped to me whole. I bust them up and lightly pack the plant matter into a chamber which is then heated up to about oven temperatures and air passes through which carries the activated THC and CBD molecules. I inhale it, and the molecules are quickly absorbed into my blood stream and ultimately by receptors in my brain.

Just recently they made it legal to sell edibles and oils too. I recently bought a couple of disposable vape pens. They're very convenient. You just suck on them, and it activates automatically. Instead of flower the cannabinoids have been extracted into concentrate form. That is vaped directly by these pens. It's a different experience for sure. It was very convenient not having to constantly empty, clean, and reload my vaporizor. That said, I think that the oils/pens are more expensive at the end of the day (it's really hard to compare the price due to the difference in format/delivery).

I'll likely stick to the flower for now, but I don't think it'll be long before I invest in a 510 thread battery and some oil cartridges for it... That seems to be maybe a hair more affordable than the disposables. They look more or less the same as the cheap e-cigarettes that I bought 10 years ago to try to help my brother and sister-in-law quit smoking. I wasn't a huge fan. They were kind of flimsy and cheap and eventually the "juice" started leaking out of them. Hopefully in that time they've perfected the design though so that won't happen... Time will tell...

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Excellent video...

video

---

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

The culprit is not the THC, but some other ingredient that is being abused by black market producers trying to maximize profits at the expense of their customer's health.

That would be vitamin E acetate.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Recreational drugs are far from the biggest health problem in the world (which is likely obesity), but smoking generally is not healthy. Vaping an appropriate liquid is safer than smoking, but is still less healthy than not smoking/vaping at all. Using vape pens as a medicine delivery system (comparable to a nebulizer) is what I'd consider an interesting way to make use of the technology.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Wrong again, raynebc. It's hunger.

The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimates that about 815 million people of the 7.6 billion people in the world, or 10.7%, were suffering from chronic undernourishment in 2016.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

At least that statistic is declining, if not fast enough. I'm not sure what the best solution would be, whether that's donating material support for affected countries' agriculture, further improving crop characteristics (drought/pest tolerance, yield size, etc) through genetic engineering, or something else.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I went to school with kids whose only meal during weekdays was the free lunch. They were malnourished.

It's not just a "third world country" problem, it's also a USA problem.

---
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The solution is not more grandiose feats of engineering. The true sickness is greed. There is more than enough food in this world to feed everyone.

Well said. Not just food, but everything essential to a healthy and happy life.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

If entire countries can't produce enough food to affordably feed their citizens, that has to be fixed. Trucking in food for them indefinitely is a band-aid.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I don't think you're listening. There are countless American citizens that are struggling to feed, cloth, and house themselves. It doesn't get much more first-world than that. Now imagine what opportunities await you in a third world country. >:(

Protip: Nobody "struggles" by choice. Struggles come from conditions forced upon you. If you can easily change it then you will.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

raynebec is your classic privileged American, the most suffering he's had is when he stubbed his toe.

Poverty in America? He's never experienced it so it doesn't exist. Ignorance is bliss.

---
they / she

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Bleating for the end of wealth classes is childish and historically ignorant. Provide real solutions or just shut up.

Go to: