This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The crooked Democrats will need more than a lot of good luck for that to happen.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

They're both corrupt as hell. Wake up. :P

Why do you think every publication is assassinating bernie sanders? Because he's the only candidate with a chance of winning that's clearly anti-corporate corruption.

Or calling Tulsi Gabbard, a twice WAR VETERAN and CURRENT SENATOR of the USA, a "russian asset".

Or the fact that Pete Buttikeg... who somehow won by .1% over Bernie, just so happened to be sponsered... by the company that made the terrible Iowa cellphone app.

Or that BOTH parties were okay with not just the Iraq war, but also the Syrian war. Because war sells bombs.

And NO MSM outlet runs articles or specials on "big corporations killing mom-and-pop stores". When was the last time you even heard the term "mom-and-pop store"? Because 5 megacorporations own >95% of all media.

Which is also why they hate any indie media outlet such as an independent YouTube journalist, or new communication system like Dissenter, because it threatens their ability to control the narrative. e.g. They hate Joe Rogan because he actually lets people talk. What a monster.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I was admitted into hospital last week as my Haemoglobin level was down to 48 (it should be between 130 and 180) and my iron levels were so low none could be detected at all.

A couple of scans later, they discovered a huge tumour in my bowel which must have had a serious bleed a few weeks ago, which because of the way it presented (aching gut, diarrhoea, fever, chills, paleness, quick heart rate) I mistook for food poisoning. I saw my doctor a couple of weeks later as I hadn't regained my strength yet and he did the blood tests that got me admitted.

So the moral of the story is if you feel like absolute shit, go see a doctor because it could be worse then you think.

I've had surgery now and they're 99.99% sure they got it for good. Time will tell.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

THANK YOU. that's a great link for showing how insane democrats are:

Quote:

Attempted to cyberbully Greta Thunberg

click the link. He tweeted one thing about how he doesn't like her. WHAT A FREAKIN MONSTER

Quote:

Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!" Trump wrote of teenage climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg. "Chill Greta, Chill!"

MONSTER!!!!

And I say all this, having voted for Obama twice, and planning on voting for Bernie (BOO HISS from "DNC" establishment corporations). I've been consistently pro "change" for over a decade.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

click the link. He tweeted one thing about how he doesn't like her. WHAT A FREAKIN MONSTER

Do put that in context though.

If you or I tweeted about how we didn't like her, there would be no repercussions. He's the president of a very populous country though, and whether it's deserved or not, he has millions of rabid fans, who would be more than happy to attack anyone he declares his dislike for.

Unless he really is the idiot so many claim him to be, he should know what power his words hold.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I will agree, there are some parts of the Democratic party that aren't on the up and up. Personally, I doubt Bernie can win, he's too progressive, and not in as good of a way as Elizabeth Warren is.

Tulsi got blacklisted by Hillary, and no she does not work for the Russians. Put your tinfoil hats back on already.

As for the Caucus, I think it's crap. I think we should be able to vote like in a primary. Too easy to fudge the results one way or another due to the nature of the vote.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Bernie is extremely radical, but generally honest (edit: Except in how he can scrap together enough money for his insanely expensive policy proposals). I've heard Warren described as Hillary in a Bernie mask (a liar pretending to be radically progressive).

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/pete-buttigieg-funded-by-russian-linked-oligarch-who-supports-trump-and-mcconnell/

O_o

Bernie is radical, but he's been consistent his entire life. He's the only person I've seen that promises radical change... and might actually do it (instead of lie to us to get into office and never do anything). That "Actually might do it" apparently is downright scary to the current status quo and corporate and political leaders. The fact they fear him enough to smear him, makes me think he's got something going on. Because things are exactly the way they are, because the people in power want them to be that way. So if they're scared, that's a chance we might break the mold.

I think he's wrong on gun control, and has way to many "allies" with "woke police". But overall, I want to TRY to get some changes. Speaking from ten years experience, our healthcare is a dumpster fire designed to extract cash from people. Obamacare did nothing to fix that because it was written BY the very same healthcare companies who extract all the profit from us. It's gone up 10-16% in price every year. Who can afford it? Poor people sure as hell can't! Just like Obama did NOTHING to punish Wall Street after ruining the entire worlds economy because... shocker... Obama's cabinet was selected by Citibank.

I voted for Obama based on his message of change, and government transparency. He did the opposite. He won a Nobel peace prize while sending drones to assassinate US citizens. (Yes, that happened.) Not to mention his approval of torture, including a secret CIA Blacksite... in Chicago. His home city.

All of those things, he basically set precedent for the next president. Trump. To do the exact same things.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/14/13577464/obama-farewell-speech-torture-drones-nsa-surveillance-trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site

-----sig:

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

I think if enough transparency and competition can be forced into the healthcare system, it will get to the point where it becomes dirt cheap. Like going to a self-serve kiosk where it takes some fluid samples, vital statistics, diagnoses you on the spot and generates a prescription for medicine if necessary. Sure, that would put people out of work, but the need for humans in healthcare is what makes it so expensive and the cost is the chief complaint, not accessibility or quality.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I don't care HOW MANY jobs get lost if those jobs are responsible for bankrupting millions of Americans.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

American prices for health care are through the roof because of monopolies/alliances and corporate control. Healthcare should be considered a human right, and government should regulate it to keep the prices fair for all. Of course, we've already established that government is completely corrupt so that won't actually happen. As long as government can be "bought" they will be bought, and nothing will change.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

Healthcare should be considered a human right, and government should regulate it to keep the prices fair for all.

Agreed. I just had surgery, plus an eight-day stay in the hospital without having to pay a cent, and I have no medical insurance.

That is how healthcare should be.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Oh great, more political debates.

It is so pointless to even discuss politics in here as everyone seems pretty much fixated on their views and no amount of facts will change that. I predicted the responses I am seeing before all the trials etc... happened.

LennyLen said:

Agreed. I just had surgery, plus an eight-day stay in the hospital without having to pay a cent

Someone paid for it. It wasn't free.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

I pay for health insurance, so if I got injured I'd be fine. People who act irresponsibly don't always get away unscathed. Tax cuts that benefit nearly everybody are a good thing, but I don't expect people with severe entitlement problems to get it. Some Democrats (especially in this thread) think their shit doesn't stink, but oh boy does it ever.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc's just a spoiled little brat. He doesn't want his "hard earned" tax money to go to people who are hungry, or sick, or homeless, or uneducated, etc....

You like to call them 'entitlement' programs so you don't have to feel guilty about people starving in the streets. Clearly they haven't worked hard enough to deserve life. Send them to the salt mines! Oh, and piss off.

My insurance is $1300 a month. I can't afford that! That's $15,600 a year! Just so I can go see the doctor when I need to. Guess what minimum wage is here? $7.25 an hr. Guess how many hours it would take to pay my insurance at that rate?

Over 2000 hours, and that's before taxes. Forget food, clothing, shelter, utilities, rent, gas and all the other expenses people have.

So in raynebc's America, people have to work full time year round, just to pay for their insurance.

So basically, you're giving people a choice between food and shelter, and health care. But please tell me how giving tax cuts to the rich helps me, you stupid petulant f**k.

So sick of ignorant Republicans calling me spoiled when I have nothing. Toss pot.

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

My insurance is $1300 a month.

That sounds expensive. Is that "all-covered, no deductible"?

In the partially state-run system here, the "contribution" is 7-8% of gross income capped at about 57,000€/year ($62,130), so the max. is c. 380 € ($414) per month (actually a bit less) IF you earn >= 4,750 € ($5,178) per month. If you earn less, you pay less, if you earn more, you don't pay more (but have the option to go for private insurance).

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

F*** off, Edgar. Your whiny, stupid political opinions are worth less than nothing.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Uh-oh. I pissed off a Republican. Ha, good. When all you have left is your pride, I will still have my morals.

FB crosspost
{"name":"612329","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/a\/fad329d87f75dbe40a6e5914e1b85c5c.png","w":805,"h":790,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/a\/fad329d87f75dbe40a6e5914e1b85c5c"}612329

Go to: