Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

raynebc said:

They just shouldn't try to manipulate other people's sexuality

That should be true for everyone, but sadly it isn't.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

LennyLen said:

WUAAASAAAAP

I've always been wondering, who is the character of your avatar?

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Audric
Member #907
January 2001

It's an 'alien' chestbuster, as drawn in this webcomic (nsfw)
https://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=108

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

why was it taken from that comic? Is it LennyLen's comic?

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Well don't try to tell me it's love. It's lust pure and simple and giving in to lust is a choice. It doesn't matter whether or not you have the desire to do it, as that is beyond your choice, but it does matter whether you indulge in it or not.

And I personally love how flamers offer themselves to you, which pretty much explains it all in a nut-shell.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I think a lot less of you for simplifying the love I've felt in the past to just lust.

There was no difference when I fell in love with a woman or a man. But you think there is. You're the disgusting one.

re: raynebec, why is it ok for parents to push heterosexual relationships on their children? E.g., "lady killer" shirts for toddlers...

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

There's a difference between platonic love and romantic love. There's nothing wrong with platonic love between brothers. But romantic love between a man and a woman should not be stained with perversity.

I love my dad, my brother, my male friends, but I would never have sex with them, or try to form a romantic partnership with them. That's just messed up.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I know the difference between platonic love and romantic love.

You're really thick to think I'm confusing the difference, considering I'm bisexual and have felt romantic and platonic love for both sexes, as well as lust for both sexes. There is no difference between romantically loving a man and romantically loving a woman from my experience.

I love when heterosexual males tell me what to think. ;D

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Love it when queefs like to tell me what's right and what isn't. :/

Edit
That's a little harsh, but if you try to push your lifestyle on me or my children then it's personal. You want to differentiate between romantic love and lust, well they're pretty much the same. It's called eros, as opposed to philos.

My HS choir teacher was gay, and he showed affection towards me, (I was like 35 years younger than him). He was overly affectionate, and he even tried to win my affection by buying me a fimo necklace with a sun on it. It was intimidating, and embarassing, and made me feel uncomfortable. He made me question my sexuality. It was unprofessional. I respected him for everything but his twisted physical desire. #1 You don't hit on children. #2 You don't hit on people when it makes them feel uncomfortable. But go on, and tell yourself it's love, if that's what it takes to sleep at night.

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

lmao - the only time you look to heaven is when you roll your eyes

It really touches me how you get your whole world from one book (yes it does). The clear contours of your black and white, all that effort that goes into scholasticism, the ease of brushing aside every ambiguity (or even the fact of interpretation), the sticking to the very letter disregarding whole universes of human thought that have existed since at least 1000-2500 years ago, the supposed certainty of everything, ...

But romantic love between a man and a woman should not be stained with perversity.

Is anyone's love "stained" when other people love in a different way? I think that's weird. Mind your own love. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Well why stop with homosexuality? Why not take it one step further and tell me that pedophiles can't help it because they were born that way? Which somehow makes it okay too. Why not make it LGBTQP? There has to be a point where you call out things that are wrong.

No, I don't support gay marriage. You want a civil 'union' fine whatever, but don't call it marriage. It's insulting.

Polybios said:

It really touches me how you get your whole world from one book (yes it does). The clear contours of your black and white, all that effort that goes into scholasticism, the ease of brushing aside every ambiguity (or even the fact of interpretation), the sticking to the very letter disregarding whole universes of human thought that have existed since at least 1000-2500 years ago, the supposed certainty of everything, ...

Whenn you're reading the right book, all the other ones become kind of superfluous. Christianity is not a religion, it's a reality. But go ahead, pray to Buddha, a golden statue, or pray to Shiva, god of destruction or Krishna, or Satan, or whoever else you want. Everyone will come to the truth in their own time. Scholasticism? Of which field are your referring? Ambiguities? Bring it on. People once thought the earth was flat. Then they believed the sun revolved around the Earth. Science goes wrong all the time. God doesn't. And to your last point, my faith is not blind.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Aaron: Almost all humans are heterosexual, it's not abusive to put a baby in a shirt suggesting they will be heterosexual, especially when it's in jest. Obviously a toddler is too young to know what sex is, let alone have any relevant sexual preference (apart from being attracted to breasts for food, etc).

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Well why stop with homosexuality? Why not take it one step further and tell me that pedophiles can't help it because they were born that way?

Come on Edgar, you're smarter than that. You should definitely be able to tell the difference between a consenting adult and a child.

Christianity should be banned. It turns otherwise intelligent people into narrow minded morons.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Okay, I'll bite. Why not.

Only because you're wrong, and it's embarrassing. :-*

Let's consider two first. If it is not a choice, then why would God destroy two cities with brimstone and fire and turn a woman to salt for looking back? If it is not a choice, then the people who committed those 'crimes' are innocent and God punished them unjustly. If you believe God is just, then he would not punish people for things that were not their choice. Therefore option two is invalid if you believe God is just.

Simple. I do not believe God is just. Clearly he is not. Just read the fucking Bible. If it's not readily apparent from reading the goddamn Bible that God is not a source for moral wisdom then I'm afraid you're beyond helping.

More to the point, I don't believe God exists at all. There is no reliable evidence that he does. That entire argument is implicitly defeated.

Homosexuality is a choice. Claiming it's not is a cop out.

The biggest copout in the history of the world is "God". "God said", or "the Bible says". Those really just mean, "more than a thousand years ago some guy wrote down some stories that he heard told in a language that I don't speak, it was then copied countless times by hand, translated and copied by hand some more a few times to languages that don't even have matching words with the original language, and I get my knowledge from interpreting that to the best of my ability."

If you told the longer version to anyone they would think you're crazy, and definitely would not trust anything you say. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig said:

Okay, I'll bite. Why not.

Only because you're wrong, and it's embarrassing. :-*

Oh bambams. Let me educate you.

bamccaig said:

Let's consider two first. If it is not a choice, then why would God destroy two cities with brimstone and fire and turn a woman to salt for looking back? If it is not a choice, then the people who committed those 'crimes' are innocent and God punished them unjustly. If you believe God is just, then he would not punish people for things that were not their choice. Therefore option two is invalid if you believe God is just.

Simple. I do not believe God is just. Clearly he is not. Just read the ing Bible. If it's not readily apparent from reading the Bible that God is not a source for moral wisdom then I'm afraid you're beyond helping.

If it's not readily apparent that the Bible IS a (the only) source for moral wisdom then YOU are the one beyond help.

bamccaig said:

More to the point, I don't believe God exists at all. There is no reliable evidence that he does. That entire argument is implicitly defeated.

You believing in God is not a pre-requisite for God to exist. No evidence (to you) does not mean proof of non-existence. The argument stands.

bamccaig said:

Homosexuality is a choice. Claiming it's not is a cop out.

The biggest copout in the history of the world is "God". "God said", or "the Bible says". Those really just mean, "more than a thousand years ago some guy wrote down some stories that he heard told in a language that I don't speak, it was then copied countless times by hand, translated and copied by hand some more a few times to languages that don't even have matching words with the original language, and I get my knowledge from interpreting that to the best of my ability."

If you told the longer version to anyone they would think you're crazy, and definitely would not trust anything you say. :P

bamccaig, you're so mis-informed it's just sad. The Bible was taken from eye witness accounts of people that actually lived. It's called history, try reading it. The Bible was painstakingly translated and copied by hand by people who dedicated their entire life to that pursuit. There are countless mechanisms in place within the Word of God that also ensure it is copied correctly. If you were educated you would know that. You also don't know the languages the Bible was written in, namely Hebrew and Greek. There are original Hebrew scrolls called the Dead Sea Scrolls that confirm the correctness of the source. There are many other ways to verify the authenticity of the Old and New Testament. You're just making shit up.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

bamccaig said:

Only because you're wrong, and it's embarrassing.

In what sense is Edgar wrong? Where are you getting your sense of right and wrong from? I mean, if there is no God, and therefore no authority which determines what is right and what is wrong, than who are you to tell Edgar he is wrong? That seems a little pretentious to me to imply that Edgar has no right to quote his personal beliefs about what is right and wrong, and then turn around and assert your morals onto him. That seems to be to be a tad hypocritical.

---
β€œI love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

I won't say your belief is bad, if you don't have problem with mine. I say your belief is beautiful but let us be in ours. And my belief is science, the same science which has not been changed for last 16000 years. we all know that Mathematics has remained the same since it's birth, so let me be...

We shouldn't hurt each other in the name of religion or the lack of it.
In India more than 60% people are atheist and some religious people try to hurt their feelings in various ways and mostly in response Atheists bring Evolution, but some Atheist remain silent and smile back. At the end of the day both parties keep their perception unchanged. But what do I know, I'm just a stupid brat ignorant of world's complications, here giving my point of view.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

If you want to be ignorant: Why join Christianity when you can just vote Democrat? ;)

Anti-vax, vaping-isn't-dangerous, "Russia manipulates our thoughts", gender-deniers, "spanking harms the child but putting an infant on hormone blockers is okay".

See? You don't have to have a religion to be a complete moron. :P

For the Democrats who can't take a joke (about 90% of them online these days), this is what's called "tongue in cheek", and because the phrase was invented before 2010, I'm now somehow a "boomer". Because understanding jokes is apparently something only "old bigots" do.

-----sig:
β€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Whatever, Katko. We're gen-X and we know it.

Not to be confused with Generation X :

{"name":"gxtitle.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/8\/68796c97232f7366f3fad11b585462cc.gif","w":500,"h":262,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/8\/68796c97232f7366f3fad11b585462cc"}gxtitle.gif

And, btw? Isn't your tongue always in your cheek? Or are you sticking it out right now? :)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm a member of Revolution X:

video

-----sig:
β€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

how to make a video box here?...

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

A "boomer" is short for a "baby boomer" which is anyone born between the end of WW2 and 1964. I don't quite qualify for that. My wife does though, but she doesn't post her opinions online... I should probably follow her lead actually. ;)

Anyhow, something a little lighter, I seen this the other day and it gave me a chuckle.

{"name":"612222","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/9\/f9f96b6df24aa91401b4a9b94ed88b2e.jpg","w":740,"h":520,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/9\/f9f96b6df24aa91401b4a9b94ed88b2e"}612222

8-)

---
β€œI love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

What's the weirdest thing you've ever been reprimanded for at work?

Shortly after I started my current job, BP head office called my branch manager to complain that my daily litreage reports were too precise and that I needed to make less accurate measurements.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Wow, you boomers* are out of touch. Boomer, the insult, refers to anyone who holds certain conservative viewpoints (e.g., the viewpoints a stereotypical "baby boomer" [the term that refers to the generation, not the insult] would hold but are not socially acceptable anymore). You can use the phrase "ok boomer" against millennials and even Gen Z.

This is how you use the phrase "ok boomer":

Edgar said:

No, I don't support gay marriage. You want a civil 'union' fine whatever, but don't call it marriage. It's insulting.

ok boomer

See?

*: I wrote that in jest.

---
they / she

Go to: